It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISS Astronauts Baffled By Strange 'Spikes' Spotted In Siberia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Here is the page/address.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I looked it up on G**GL* Maps, I did not take 2 minutes to find. Just West of Rubtsovsk. Kind of reminds me of claw/drag marks. There appears to be 6 of them. they are pretty cool I guess.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Trying to wrap my Mark 1 eyeballs around the purported "Spikes"…

over to you…

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
They aren't odd if they have been there all the time.

The ''odd'' thing would be NASA suddenly realising they are there now and never seeing them before, then mentioning it on their site. If they are such a ''prominent feature'' as the article suggests and are in the vasts of Siberia then surely they would have been just as prominent before.

These landscape features aren't an anomaly and there must be plenty of ''prominent features'' seen from ISS.

edit on 29-8-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
They aren't odd if they have been there all the time.

The ''odd'' thing would be NASA suddenly realising they are there now and never seeing them before, then mentioning it on their site. If they are such a ''prominent feature'' as the article suggests and are in the vasts of Siberia then surely they would have been just as prominent before.

These landscape features aren't an anomaly and there must be plenty of ''prominent features'' seen from ISS.

I hope I'm seeing what I'm supposed to see is I am I wondered the same thing. Why is this such a big deal today?!?

No offense to the op, cool thread but am I missing something?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: minusinfinity

I don't think has any hidden meaning. Just a topic to discuss amongst some of the best, most interesting, brightest tin foil hat wearing peoples in all the world! no offense taken.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Must be a slow news day. LOL Because this is absolutley nothing special, just some regular landscape formations

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
too bad its not on mars
it almost looks like an egret going after a fish

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
We put people into space who are baffled by a landscape formation? Good grief.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: I1Am1Ready1Are1You
the spikes are forested areas in valleys,the lighter areas are hills/mountains without tree's.Been explianed already

top topics

join