It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Mutating: Sustained H2H Transmission

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
wellnessmama.com...

This recipe that I posted above is supposedly the vinegar that the four thieves used to protect themselves whilst looting villages that had been victimized by the Bubonic Plague in the Middle Ages. it appears to me, that some of you here are educated in virology. What say you about this recipe? I know that these herbs have many properties to them, including anti-viral properties. Could this recipe be a way to make some sort of deterrent to this Ebola virus? Something we could make at home to protect ourselves?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Great song and video……..

never seen that before..

PDUK

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: joho99
a reply to: Vasa Croe
Not even sure it needs to be airborne i notice a lot of people live under the illusion we are clean and our environment is sterile so we are safe.

I think it is something like 30% of people do not even bother to wash hands.

they have done tests on plenty of things we touch in public and found traces of feces and urine.

I think it's more than 30%.
I've noticed the soap pump bottle in my guest bathroom hardly ever needs refilling, whereas in my bathroom and the one by my kitchen sink are always needing refills. It wasn't something I noticed until I stopped using my guest bathroom. I think I filled that one about a year ago! It's really grossing me out.

Do your own test on this if you can. It's not something you need a spy cam for.

Anyways this isn't sounding too good if it continues to mutate.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: missvicky

People in West Africa are dying from Ebola AND from "internet cures" (like guzzling salt water). Fact is though, the only Ebola treatment right now is supportive care with special attention to fluid replacement and electrolyte balance. ....If I were in a situation like most West Africans - in the middle of an epidemic with limited and no access to medical care - I would want a well-stocked emergency medical supply kit.

Your "4 Thieves" recipe certainly might help with electrolyte balance, and the herbs are good anti-virals too - but should be taken with lots of water. Would you please post your link and recipe here: Ebola's Cytokine Storm: Protect Yourself ?

Thank you. And you might also like the info here: Electrolyte Drinks: Separating the Health from the Hype

ETA PS: S&

edit on 4/9/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
42% of all African ebola cases occurred in the last month. The new infection rate is now exponential, not linear says Anthony Fauci Anthony Fauci, director of NIH's National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. fyi - exponential is really bad here.

We are about to witness a human catastrophe that could destroy large portions of a continent and pose a global threat. And the response of the world, including the United States, is feeble, irresponsible and disrespectful of nature’s lethal perils.

What Will It Take to Stop Ebola? We Can't Lose Even a Day, UN Says

…The latest count: 3,685 people sick, and 1,841 of them have died.

We cannot afford to lose even a day,” Dr. David Nabarro, global Ebola coordinator for the United Nations, told reporters. ….

…..“It has become a global threat and we require urgent action,” said WHO Director-General Dr. Margaret Chan.

There are pressing needs for supplies such as protective equipment and medicines, hospital beds and most of all, people.

….WHO’s Dr. Keiji Fukuda said experts estimate it can take as many as 200 to 250 people to take care of 80 Ebola patients. Doctors, nurses and anyone tending to the personal needs of a sick Ebola patient must wear full protective gear. It’s hot and uncomfortable, and groups such as Medecins Sans Frontieres restrict their staffers to 40-minute shifts.

“We anticipate that there is going to be the need for several thousand people in the different countries,” Fukuda said.

….…..“The single most important (need) is that we don’t have enough people on the ground…these include health worker, nurses and doctors… people transporting people,” Fukuda said. ….

A scale-up is needed on the order of three to four times what is currently in place,” Chan said.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
A chill ran up my backbones as I digested this information. I should be prepared, as I have been reading threads since you broke the news on ATS, but I guess I keep hoping that nations will pull together and take action. The MSM is not the place to go for news about Ebola, clearly. Mordor's great Eye focuses on what it wants the minions to see.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
anyone want too play Russian Roulette with Ebola?

"The KCDC said the man arrived in the country on Thursday via a flight that took off from Doha, Qatar. Because his body temperature reached 38.2 degrees Celsius on arrival and he did not clearly state why he wanted to enter the country, he was not allowed in the country by immigration officials. He was then put on another plane heading for Doha early Friday, but the jet had to return to Incheon International Airport after he again experienced a high fever. The public health and safety agency also said they have checked the man's background. "The man is a resident of Aba, a Nigerian city 500 kilometers from Lagos, where Ebola cases have been reported," a health official said. He said more conclusive test results will come out in the evening. "

Didi Mao,,didi mao.

sigh,,,

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: drwill

....Mordor's great Eye focuses on what it wants the minions to see.

No kidding.

My Pollyanna meditation devices are getting clogged.

eta PS. Thanks for that little plug.

edit on 5/9/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

fyi - Nigeria still denies they have any Ebola anywhere except Lagos and Port Harcourt, and their case counts remain ....oddly low. But they are monitoring every contact and keeping things totally together, they say. Here's the offical story (well, one of them anyway)…

People under surveillance in Port Harcourt, Nigeria have been given thermometers so they can monitor their own temperatures "as regularly as they possibly can" - as they go about their daily lives? The Ebola isolation and treatment center at Edoha is "very functional" and has "about 40 doctors and nurses" - but no patients?

Rivers State Commissioner for Health, Dr. Samson Parker, said yesterday in Port Harcourt…

….Our (Ebola) treatment centre at Edoha is very functional. We have about 40 doctors and nurses working at our treatment centre. We have also received encouragement and support from the private sector", he said.

The commissioner, who dispelled rumours that the late Dr. Enemou's wife who is currently being treated at the national treatment centre, in Lagos, is dead, said: "Dr. Enemou's wife is fine and stable. She is still being treated at the national treatment centre in Lagos."

He assured that the state government was not having any problem with people currently under surveillance.

"We have provided them with thermometers with which they can check and monitor the temperature as regularly as they possibly can.
They are all being monitored by our medical experts," he stated.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Had a feeling it was coming my friend maybe that's why it's been downplayed soo much but now that it's getting outta control their scared and scrambling to solve the problem before we all become like Kansas said "dust in the wind"a reply to: soficrow

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

A doctor who just returned from treating Ebola patients in West Africa predicts the current Ebola outbreak will go on for more than a year, and will continue to spread unless a vaccine or other drugs that prevent or treat the disease are developed. Dr. Daniel Lucey, an expert on viral outbreaks and an adjunct professor at Georgetown University Medical Center, recently spent three weeks in Sierra Leone, one of the countries affected by the Ebola outbreak. While there, Lucey evaluated and treated Ebola patients, and trained other doctors and nurses on how to use protective equipment. The current Ebola outbreak, which is mainly in Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia, has so far killed at least 1,552 of the more than 3,000 people infected, making it the largest and deadliest Ebola outbreak in history. It is also the first outbreak to spread from rural areas to cities. Strategies that have worked in the past to stop Ebola outbreaks in rural areas may not, by themselves, be enough to halt this outbreak, Lucey said. How to Trick the Ebola Virus PLAY VIDEO How Does Ebola Kill People? How exactly does the Ebola virus take human lives, as it has done to horrific effect in West African nations? "I don't believe that our traditional methods of being able to control and stop outbreaks in rural areas … is going to be effective in most of the cities," Lucey said yesterday (Sept. 3) in a discussion held at Georgetown University Law Center that was streamed online. While the World Health Organization has released a plan to stop Ebola transmission within six to nine months, "I think that this outbreak is going to go on even longer than a year," Lucey said. [5 Things You Should Know About Ebola] In addition, without vaccines or drugs for Ebola, "I'm not confident we will be able to stop it," Lucey said. There are a few studies of Ebola treatments and prevention methods under way, but more research is needed to show whether they are safe and effective against the disease. One strategy that could help with the current outbreak is to implement public health "command centers" whose job it is to make sure that tools and equipment sent to the affected regions are properly distributed to places that need them, Lucey said. When Lucey was in Sierra Leone, protective equipment for health care workers made its way to the capital city, but not to the hospital where he was working, he said. "We did not have gloves that I felt safe with," Lucey said, noting that the gloves would tear easily. "We didn't have face shields. We had goggles that had been washed so many times you couldn't see through them," Lucey said. How Can Ebola Be Stopped? Another important factor in stemming the outbreak will be community engagement and education to help people in the region understand the behaviors that spread the disease, said Dr. Marty Cetron, director of Global Migration and Quarantine at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It is also important to understand the culture of an area so that control strategies are culturally acceptable, Cetron said. This large Ebola outbreak could have been prevented with an effective public health response at the beginning, said Lawrence Gostin, director of the O'Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law at Georgetown University. But the weak health systems of the affected countries left them unprepared to respond to the outbreak, Gostin said. The international community should have been more generous in supporting poorer countries so they could develop the response capacities needed to contain the outbreak, Gostin and colleagues wrote in a recent briefing for the O'Neill Institute. To help with the current outbreak, and prevent future ones, Gostin called for the establishment of an international "health systems fund," which would be supported by high-resource countries. The money would be used to strengthen the health systems in those countries, he said. "We want to avoid leaving these countries in the same kind of fragile health condition" that they are in now, and that is being worsened, Gostin said.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Yeah. Guinea is the one nation that's acted honorably and responsibly in all of this - but they're not being given credit. Still, they're quick action shows that standard patient isolation and contact tracing does work.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

That guy Lucey sorta pees me off. He was obviously traumatized, terrified and scared witless. I probably would be too. But just because HE can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, no reason for him to diss those that do.

Still, it's not gonna be pretty, either way. Cases are more than doubling each month, and we're at 3,968 cases now. Here's how it plays at a 2.3 increase each month, for just 4 months:

by end-September ............8,475 (about 1,100 cases per week average through September)
by end-October ..............19,493 (about 2,000 cases per week average through October)
by end-November ...........44,835 (about 5,000 per week average through November)
by end-December ..........103,121 (about 14,570 cases per week average through December)

Check out ikonoklast's graphs for the visual.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Follow the money my friend follow the MULA
www.cia.gov...

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Thank you for scarring the pee outta me...I got kids man that's my biggest fear every one needs to pull together and take responsibility a reply to: soficrow

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

You're welcome. Any time. ...but you're right - every one needs to pull together and take responsibility.

[Sorry. Really.]

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Fear is a natural reaction but knowledge is a shield.
learn as much as you can and you will do fine.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Thanks Sir you always have the right words!! 👍👍a reply to: soficrow

edit on 5-9-2014 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Ty sir great response S👍reply to: joho99

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I believe it was used as an external body wash to prevent infection in the Middle Ages but using it as a tonic is interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join