It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Mutating: Sustained H2H Transmission

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
jadedANDcynical:

If this virus behaves like ever other virus in history, the longer the outbreak continues, the more evolved the virus will become. It will seek any way possible to extend its ability to exist, including trading some of it's ability to kill it's host with ease of transmission.

It's alive! It's alive! And apparently, it can plan and think. Viruses don't seek. Viruses don't hunt. Viruses don't 'intentionally' kill their host. The reason why they don't do this is because they are not conscious and sentient beings. Viruses are 'reactors', not in the nuclear frame, but in the response frame. They react to the conditions of their environment, which is usually inside a host that carries all the material and resources it needs. Some hosts make excellent environments in which the virus can replicate, but which usually ends in the death of the host.

In a survivability perspective, a virus that replicates rapidly inside a host as to overwhelm it, making it sick and killing it, will not survive very long. Mutations occur, not because the virus thinks and plans to mutate, but because the virus and the host's body and immune systems jostle for supremacy. The virus uses the host's body like a corporation uses a country's mineral resources, extracting the minerals from out of the environment. That is all that a virus does and is capable of doing. Sometimes a virus is destroyed in the host's body before it can cause overwhelming infection, and other times, it just makes the host sick and unwell for a week or so. Ebola is a virus that replicates so fast, it overwhelms the host to the point of death as it extracts the material it needs from the host's body.

A virus may eventually mutate in a host where it can reach symbiosis, and live in the host without killing it or even making it sick, except at times when another mutation occurs that breaks the symbiotic relationship. For instance, you cannot become unwell from the same cold virus, you can only become unwell when the cold virus is a new one. All viruses operate on this principle. Viruses that kill their hosts are aberrations and have not reached the mutation point where symbiosis develops. Ebola is one such virus. It has attained symbiosis in some animals, but not in humans.

It maybe that there are not enough human hosts on the planet for the Ebola virus to infect and mutate towards the symbiosis where it could survive without killing its host? From a natural perspective, a virus is just evolution in action.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePublicEnemyNo1

No, I am not a college student, but my son just graduated from the local university last May... my daughter two years prior. While I am thankful they are not exposed to such widespread international travel (foreign students) I feel they are still facing a level risk higher than me (I am retired.) I don't feel I have been successful in convincing either one of them of the potential danger with this thing.

My daughter lives in Texas, about 2 hours from Dallas, in the restaurant industry. I wonder how many people may flee Dallas, and in doing so, take the virus with them.

My son is getting ready to fly on a business trip across the country. What exposure will he have en route, via other passengers or even previous passengers who left contamination in their wake.

Anyway, I feel your pain... I share your concern.

edit on 10/5/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

<< 8  9  10   >>

join