It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Russian] Army wives urge Russia to come clean on soldiers in Ukraine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Ukraine is a sovereign nation.

Russia can piss off.

I am Ukrainian.

But I need to understand both stories.

Peace

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

: Earth flat........ :

No...It's round actually.

But wait...Look over there! A purple squirrel!

That will keep 'em busy for awhile right?

Peace

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Oh...wow...someone once lied? Then this story must be a lie!
There has never been a "lie" but there has always been many .Once a known lie becomes evident ,it open the flood gates to many more . There seems to be a claim on a weekly basis that says Russia has invaded Ukraine .100's thousands of troops massing on the border ready to invade . It's a common theme that has been going on from the start of this mess .From the beginning the US has had their dirty hands on what has been going on and has backed it up with social media facts that have turned out to be false . I would say that the next claim that Russia has been invading Ukraine will prove this thread false as well . a reply to: Indigo5

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Except in this case Putin has been lying about Ukraine. Just like Putin lied about the no insignia troops in crimea only to later admit he lied and that they were in fact Russian military.

Its interesting to watch people defend Putin and his lies in an absolute manner. Its sad that pro russians are still incapable of exercising independent thought. A sad carry over from the collapse of the USSR.

Pro Russians are so easily durable that they will even argue with what rt prints when it doesn't support their agenda. Now we have some attacking mothers who want to know why Putin lied and sent their sons to their deaths in Ukraine.

Its Pathetic really and sad. Russians claim to be top notch yet they can't have their own opinions... according to some.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Well you don't have to be pro or anti anything when it comes to lies .From 911 onward there has been a ton of them ,and politicians are the best at it . Think Benghazi www.cbsnews.com... a reply to: Xcathdra

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

So, how can you know they are NOT actresses? The West has used this tactic countless times to start wars.

Quite simply...How can you know? You can't.

Oh I don't know maybe the fact Putin ADMITS it. The level of ignorance is astounding.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Doesn't the Russian Army have GPS? Surely a modern military has technology that has been common place for almost two decades?

Which is it, modern professional military or badly trained and equipped yokels?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
With war under way in Ukraine, Russians don’t like what little they learn

BERLIN — The secret funerals are back. So are motherly measures. As the Ukraine-Russia conflict enters its sixth month, there are signs from inside Russia that the nation’s nerves are beginning to fray.

Evidence of the extent of Russian military involvement in Ukraine has been dribbling out for months. Last week, it reached a level at which Ukrainian and many Western officials finally referred to it as invasion. But recently, from media accounts and more, it also has been leaking into Russia itself, despite an official government policy that what’s happening in Ukraine is all about Ukraine.

Mikhail Khodorkovsky, a Russian dissident who was jailed for a decade and released suddenly last winter by Russian President Vladimir Putin, posted a statement on his website Thursday saying it was time to acknowledge reality. “We are fighting Ukraine — for real,” he wrote. “We are sending soldiers and equipment.”

But, he then asked, why is Russia not publicly acknowledging this? His answer: This effort is nothing more than the latest example of a long-standing tradition.

“All this time our authorities have been lying through their teeth, just like they did about Afghanistan back in the ’80s; and about Chechnya in the ’90s,” he wrote. “Today, they are lying about Ukraine. And while it goes on, we have been burying those on both sides who, until recently, we held as co-workers, friends and family.”

click link for remainder of article...

Apparently if you are a mother in Russia with a son in the military you are classified as a foreign agent when you don't agree with the Russian government.

On Friday, Russia officially labeled a St. Petersburg soldiers’ mothers group as “foreign agents,” an insulting label requiring them to note this status in fundraising and information efforts. In recent weeks, stories have begun to appear in Russian media about mothers around Russia confused by the seemingly secret deaths and burials of their military sons.

The more info the Russian people get, the more this is going to turn bad for putin.
edit on 31-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

It's sad that wives and mothers are getting smeared for only asking about their loved ones fate. Way to go Russian Govt.

My friends, who are Russian are glad they got out while they could.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Not taking sides but this is still not proof.

Very easy to plant a picture, story and use as propaganda.

"An Anonymous Source States..."

If true...ok. No surprise.

If propaganda...Brilliant. No Govt. or military statements...Just the concerns of innocent housewives fearing for their hubby who is missing and his children left at home. Kinda grabs the heart strings right? Also no surprise.

We will never know until it all comes Down IMO.

Peace

So, even though Putin's own Human Rights adviser (itself a joke position in a country with such appalling Human Rights) is criticizing her own government openly, even though RUSSIAN journalists are being kidnapped, threatened, beaten up and thrown out of the town when they go to investigate the new graves (known journalists, openly speaking out to international media), and even though numerous news outlets around the world have all reported on this, you still think this is all "western propaganda"?

There has to come a time when common sense takes over.

How the hell has the "big bad USA" managed to influence the many Russian journalists being prevented from doing their jobs, the soldiers kidnapping, threatening and beating those journalists, or influenced the families of all of these missing soldiers to protest...?

This is ludicrous. There has to come a time when pro-Russian members of ATS accept the truth and stop their desperate attempts to defend the actions of this despot. You can't simply claim that everything offered as evidence is "propaganda", when it's all there right in your face.

What is it going to take before some people here finally wake up and admit that they were wrong?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

How the hell has the "big bad USA" managed to influence...

Nice question, the answer is easy: money.

NED makes more than 1,000 grants each year to nongovernmental groups in more than 90 countries. Behind each grant is a story about people who share a common desire to live in a world that is free and democratic, and who are willing to dedicate and often risk their lives to achieve that goal.

"Independent" support

What is it going to take before some people here finally wake up and admit that they were wrong?

For me it would be enough the truth about 911.

Do you wish the same democracy for Ukraine which Libya has received from west?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: maghun

Do you wish the same democracy for Ukraine which Libya has received from west?

I am just blown away the way the pro Russians crowd always want to bring Syria and Libya into this conflict when they are two totally different dynamics.

But I guess when you can't provide enough evidence to back the Russia is innocent claim that is the best you can do.

For me it would be enough the truth about 911.

No it wouldn't, because you would have a problem when it didn't follow your way of thinking...and that being the US is responsible for well pretty much everything wrong in the world.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Im not human nature when you cant win the argument next route attack the person. We see this in debates and of course politics. They know full well Russia is doing a soft invasion sometimes even admit it with a so what. But many of the debaters here feel they must defend Putin and his manacle actions. There only option left is the same as Putin its the Wests fault look how evil they are NATO is evil. What i find the funniest is Russia is the only country to acquisition land through colonial practices since WW2 yet they claim the west is doing it got to love hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Im not human nature when you cant win the argument next route attack the person.

Ah yes, the chemtrail defense.

That happens in most threads about that topic and it is funny when it happens.

They know full well Russia is doing a soft invasion sometimes even admit it with a so what.

This may interest you, but I am wondering how Putin will take this in, as it seems the East wants to stay with Ukraine.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

This is the exact reason Russia couldnt pull off the same kind of annexation as Crimea in Crimea there were alot of Russian nationals that could vote. In Eastern Ukraine only a small percentage of separatists actually want to join Russia and they dont have enough Russian passports to swing the vote lol.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

Russia can piss off.

If Ukraine is a sovereign nation why are there NATO advisers ?

Because NATO is acting in defense of NATO member states, that is its job. NATO is working with its members across Europe to monitor and manage what is becoming an increasing threat to all of Europe.

Let me guess, you think NATO should "keep out of it", but you think Russia has a right to annex Crimea for its own supposed "security"?

If you want to call out NATO for actually doing its job, you have to also call out Russia for invading and annexing a part of a sovereign nation under far less of an excuse.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Its interesting to watch people defend Putin and his lies in an absolute manner. Its sad that pro russians are still incapable of exercising independent thought. A sad carry over from the collapse of the USSR.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of this is simple anti-Americanism. I can kind of understand that simplistic way of thinking, kinda.
These people see what the US/UK and others have been doing and don't trust them, so they'll actively support Russia just through some kind of misplaced rebellion.

Some of us, on the other hand, can be extremely critical of our own governments, WHILE seeing the truth about Russia too. Quite simply, I don't trust any politician nor any government on any day of the week, but no other government is acting like the Third Rich and threatening the stability, and therefore the way of life, of millions of people across Europe.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

Russia can piss off.

If Ukraine is a sovereign nation why are there NATO advisers ?

Because NATO is acting in defense of NATO member states, that is its job. NATO is working with its members across Europe to monitor and manage what is becoming an increasing threat to all of Europe.

Let me guess, you think NATO should "keep out of it", but you think Russia has a right to annex Crimea for its own supposed "security"?

If you want to call out NATO for actually doing its job, you have to also call out Russia for invading and annexing a part of a sovereign nation under far less of an excuse.

So shelling of civilians (Eastern Ukraine) is the same as protecting them (Crimea), I don`t buy it.

Nice try though !

Unfortunately, I think a lot of this is simple anti-Americanism. I can kind of understand that simplistic way of thinking, kinda. These people see what the US/UK and others have been doing and don't trust them, so they'll actively support Russia just through some kind of misplaced rebellion.

It`s just anti-US/EU policy, I`m from EU and are just as opposed to what my government is doing. Nothing to do with being anti-Americanism, I have nothing against Americans.

The black and white thinking isn`t there as much as some tend to believe about the whole situation.

I do get the idea there is also a lot of frustration about US not being the greatest country on earth anymore. I can imagine if you have brought in believing that way, it will unleash lots of anger to find out it isn`t...when believing it is, it gives some form of self-esteem.
edit on 1-9-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Wow you have almost no understanding of the situation in Ukraine. NATO is shelling people that is called a lie which you are attempting to perpetuate. As you said nice try though. As for Americans worried about being the number one country tells me you dont understand Americans at all they could care less what other countries think. Call it arrogance or just lack of concern either way other countries are of little consequence to Americans.What they do believe in is a sense of fair play however and that can be very strong doesnt matter if its focused on US government or in the case of Ukraine Russia's actions towards them. So if you want to understand Americans my first suggestion would be to talk to them thats one of the reasons i find it funny this narrative that many try to play out. News flash Americans had no concern over Ukraine and Obama certainly didnt in fact he hates any foreign policy and avoids it like the plague.

This Narrative was created that the evil west is trying to hurt Russia some how after investing billions in their economy i might add so Putin can distract the weak minded to his actions. Luckily many Russians are seeing through the smoke screen but they get branded as traitors.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

RT has plenty of videos of Ukrainian mothers screaming and yelling at new Junta Kiev government financed by western bankers.

Besides Russia and Ukraine exchanged those who illegally crossed into each other territory, it happened on both sides.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join