It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theresa May says UK Terror Threat level raised to Severe!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: skitzspiricy

Then, I hate to say it, your work colleagues are bigoted idiots! To get off a bus simply because some brown dude got on is not fear or panic, is basic stupidity and a total failure to comprehend the situation.

Now, you do have a point, I don't know everyone, but I do mix with a good amount of people and have contacts the length and breadth of the country. Not one of them, from Cornwall to Aberdeen, is suffering from any kind of "panic" as a result of this.

I wouldn't even say your own acquaintances behaviour is "panic", but simple ignorance with a smattering of thinly veiled racism - assuming the threat is coming from "some Muslim" (of probable Arab extraction) when, if it did come (and as it has done in the past) it has been from converts - they could as easily be white and ginger instead of your typical "Arab" looking chap.

Quite why anyone is so worked up over these "terrorists" is beyond me - we lived under the far more credible threat of the IRA et al for 30 + years. These Islamic types don't seem capable of actually carrying out most of their threats and would find it hard causing an explosion in a bomb factory.

Maybe you should take it upon yourself to get hold of your colleagues by the scruff of the neck and make them see this in perspective. It certainly seems, from the description of their behaviour, that this isn't about fear of terrorism at all, however.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join