It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theresa May says UK Terror Threat level raised to Severe!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I'm pretty certain it's happened every time since IRA days when there's been NATO, G8, G12 etc... meetings going on in the UK. They announce a big terror threat to justify the security and cause of the various meetings.

If it is a 'good day to bury bad news' kind of stunt (which in this case I don't think is happening as they're using Royal Prerogative powers to revoke passports from British Citizens linked to ISIS/IS) the 'bad news' will be reported in a couple of days.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

I'm guessing your not from the UK CharlieSpeirs? Asbo's are not for the fact of loud youths and grafitti, they terrorize people, basically being outright little #s and there's that many of them in large groups that one or two people can't handle them when they break into violence - half the time that's what they aim for too - nothing but packs of hyenas!

Back on topic: The Terrorists come here as well as all of the rest of the middle eastern lot because we're too soft - We give huge houses away and benefits to anyone entering the UK and forget the British homeless on the streets....

The UK Government are as much a threat as anyone else threatening to come between them and their scandelous money income, think Robin Hood without Robin Hood basically!

We, the UK however are in threat from extremists; We've opened the doors too much and would practically be outnumbered if an uprising did occour. Look at the Lee Rigby case and others that's happened to the UK - There's no smoke without fire unfortunately and it's a matter of time before something devastating does happen.

The UK is just too soft to do anything about it...

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Muslim extremists are Muslim. Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all have the potential to become terrorists if their religion dictates it. Why? Muslims are controlled by their religion more so than any other group of people today. There are not large groups of Christians, Jews, etc. going to war and killing people because their religion says to do so. Only the Muslims.

Through our sappy PC policies and fear of looking prejudiced, we have allowed Muslims to take root in our countries, build Mosques, etc. We hope they are, and will remain peaceful. We trust they aren't lying to us saying "we come in peace" just to get into our countries as "sleeper cells". We keep our fingers crossed and hope.

So when we are at war with multiple groups of Muslim terrorists, there is a valid fear that some of the Muslims in our countries may join that war. Maybe by going to Iraq or Syria (as some have)...maybe by staying here and fighting from within (as some may be planning). Maybe by becoming a terrorist and therefore a terrorist within our midst...waiting to cause some extreme damage.

That is a justifiable concern and a good reason to raise a terror alert. While I know nothing of the woman mentioned, the strategy works just fine for me. And it does do some good, it raises the people's awareness of the concern and makes them more vigilant. Again...a good thing. Unless...of course...you want us to have our guard down.

Now my tangent. We take out dictators in the middle east and discover that action breeds terrorists and/or gives them a new home. It happens every time. Why? Because (obviously) these people require a bloodthirsty dictator to keep them in line. Apparently, if they need a vicious leader to keep them in line...they are uncontrollable animals (my opinion). I'm sure there are Muslims in America that are more American than middle eastern. I'm not so sure they are more American than Muslim. We have seen some of these individuals give into their beliefs and cause terror. For these reasons...for all these reasons....don't act against Muslims around you, but don't let your guard down either. Or you may be surprised by the power their religion, or who we are bombing overseas may have over them. They may decide to kill you. They may decide to kill as many as possible. Fort Hood being a perfect example.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I dont disagree with raising the terror threat, also im sure there is Intel your not privy to.

I was going to say something along those lines myself. There may well be intelligence that they cannot discuss publicly as not to hurt or hinder current intelligence operations.

It's not that I don't trust our governments as much as I know they won't and don't tell us everything for that very reason. I would hazard a guess that any of us in those particular positions of government would do very similar things for the security of the people of the state.

In saying that, I am not familiar enough with the MP in question and she may also be pure and simply scaremongering!

Maybe it's both! Maybe the intelligence community have information that even she isn't privy to and so unwittingly not scaremongering even though that's what she is trying to do!

It sure is a crazy world in which we live.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: comfortablynumb

so very true, Intel cannot always be discussed and that is for the betterment of the people i assure you. You cannot fall into the belief that everyone in the government is evil and has bad intentions, this is not a practical view point and is certainly in the fantasy zone. I am not saying a Orwellian world is not possible and as citizens we must remain vigilant and well informed, so that we can make accurate assessments of our leadership and determine if said government should be removed. We must unite as a people and put our differences aside so that we can be active participants in a better,loving world. Also sadly we must protect our interests and eradicate any threat to our way of life.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: thesaneone

Better safe then sorry

Politicians play politics , this has more to do with introducing more draconian laws and regaining the front pages than any change in the threat level.

And what draconian laws are these then? It takes time to introduce legislation so there must be something on the books. Care to point it out or is this just more hyperbole from the tin foil brigade we hear so much on ATS?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Respected MP? He's a relative lightweight and newcomer compared to most and has always been a rebel in Parliament, so me thinks you might be talking tosh.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: skitzspiricy
The only things these threat levels achieve is to create fear, panic and division amoungst the population.

Someone forgot to send that memo then, because not one person I know is suffering from "fear, panic or division" as a result.

In fact, if you knew anything about us British, you'd never have said that.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: brandzero

Oh jeebus. ....

Practically outnumbered? By whom? The Muslim population is about 3.7% of the UK. If they tried any "uprising" you'd soon see how "soft" the UK really is.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
What i dont get is why does the UK government think it a great idea to tell the public that a terrorist attack might be imminent unless it's to scare the bejeebus out of the population...Is it to remind us that the UK is not a safe place to live because of UK foreign policy.
it doesn't make sense..or does it.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

after some of the info I have just read on recent developments... I would raise the terror threat in USA up but not the UK.

I haven't come across any info about UK. I wonder what info she has read that we haven't?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

Respected MP? He's a relative lightweight and newcomer compared to most and has always been a rebel in Parliament, so me thinks you might be talking tosh.

Tosh ?

Yesterday's shock news that senior backbencher and well respected Tory MP Douglas Carswell was defecting to Ukip caught many of the political elite on the back foot.
www.cityam.com...

Carswell, a popular MP who has increased local Tory membership and his majority. He is a maverick, for sure, but a maverick through deep thinking and intellectual self-confidence. And that is difficult to dismiss. There are many backbenchers whose defections would have been easier to wave off.
blogs.spectator.co.uk...

Is Tebbit talking tosh too ?

Fellow eurosceptic Tory Norman Tebbit said Carswell was a "respected, upright, steadfast and brave politician who has always put his constituents and his country before himself".
www.politics.co.uk...

So yeah , a respected MP , me thinks it's you who is talking Tosh.

edit on 30-8-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thurisaz

after some of the info I have just read on recent developments... I would raise the terror threat in USA up but not the UK.

I haven't come across any info about UK. I wonder what info she has read that we haven't?

She doesn't have any info. She was asked that question and came up blank.
With the upcoming Scottish question, Westminster has to have the People north of the border believe that the Middle East Boggy Man is still a threat to us Scots and will come get us if we dont have MI5 to protect us....personally, i think they will leave us alone...It's London they want.

The BBC yesterday..English news, we have BBC reporting Scotland that runs just after the English edition. Reported this story with many Images of the "Burning Bawbags" attack on Glasgow airport.,lets just say Trained Jihadist they were not...Just two pissed off Doctors high on Morphine with special branch on their tails, they had to strike somewhere and quick so, they pulled off the Motorway and into Glasgow Airport...with some petrol and bottles of propane Gas..with safety blow out valves to prevent explosion.

Gotta seriously question why....in fact, no you dont... read above.

False flag written all over it...
edit on 30-8-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

It's the law to make the public aware if their is an eminent threat and the UK has been used to terrorist attacks for centuries so I doubt anyone is batting an eyelid at the current one. If anything the government do most of the anti-terror busts in secret to stop panic when there's radioactive/biological materials involved.

Today brings news of introduction of new powers to stop IS fighters flying abroad under the security measures
www.bbc.co.uk...

I can't stand Cameron, May or Fox or Tories in general for that matter but for once I think they're actually speaking sense.

edit on 30-8-2014 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

The new alert level rates the risk of an attack on the UK "highly likely", although Downing Street has said there was no evidence to suggest one was "imminent".

Yeah, what they gonna do?...Where you travelling to today Sir,...eh, Turkey, then over the border into Kurdistan then Iraq to join IS....Hmmmmm

Somehow i dont think they can stop anyone from going abroad. wanna-be Jihadists could just as easily get a ferry to Ireland, Holland etc and get on a plane there. or they might just decide to hire a campervan and make a holiday out of it.

Cameron and Clegg holding a meeting.. pffft, The two of them need someone to hold their Tallywhackers when they go for Pee Pee.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
UK Terrorist Threat Level Raised To "Severe", Theresa May!!!

The Wench of an MP, Theresa May, has began more scare-monger tactics by claiming that the UK face terror threats with no substantial evidence to back it up!

In a statement Mrs May said: "The increase in the threat level is related to developments in Syria and Iraq where terrorist groups are planning attacks against the West.

"Some of those plots are likely to involve foreign fighters who have travelled there from the UK and Europe to take part in those conflicts.

"The first and most important duty of government is the protection of the British people!".

Prime Minister David Cameron added fuel to the fear-mongering fire by saying that it's the biggest threat "we've ever known"!

PM David Cameron said at least 500 people had travelled from the UK "to fight in Syria and potentially Iraq".

He said Islamic State (IS) extremists - who are attempting to establish a caliphate in the region - represented a "greater and deeper threat to our security than we have known before".

The UK's terror threat level is being raised from "substantial" to "severe" in response to conflicts in Iraq and Syria, Home Secretary Theresa May says.

The new alert level means an attack on the UK is "highly likely", although Mrs May said there was no intelligence to suggest an attack was "imminent".

It is the second highest of five possible UK threat levels.

Why make this unsubstantiated claim with "no intelligence"...
Because she is a fear-monger... Of the highest calibre!

She, for our friends across the water, is as popular as Hilary, but a much more horrible person to listen to spouting vitriolic nonsense about Islam!

She once took a Muslims passport away for not helping MI5, she played a part in the "Go Home" affair... She is deplorable!!!

Actually I quite agree with her assessment.

The severe threat you guys face today was welcomed with open arms by your fools in gov't and lives mostly on benefits while plotting how next to attack Britain.

The next Lee Rigby or bigger will happen any day now. Especially with the ISIS issue and the UK gov't only talking about POSSIBLY revoking passports of returning ISIS members....

At this point the whole of Britian should be awarded one big fat DARWIN AWARD!

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
For what it is worth, I do think the reason for raising the threat is because the UK will most likely join in the bombing of ISIS with the US and this is a step to make the bombing more palatable to the British public. Particularly as the government will authorise this without going to parliament, where they last lost the vote when there was the vote on Syria. Which is ironic as- had they voted for action against Syria then they would have actually helped ISIS in the process.

I expect the UK to support the US as they would still be reeling that France has got close to US.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Templar your right mate,our special forces are also in on the action so I expect they are assuming there could be payback from these low life's on our soil at some stage after we inflict a few losses and try and decapitate their leadership

Personally I think our boys should snatch and grab the Saudi and Qatari funders who have financed them

They are also getting money from oil and on the BBC website I just checked to see their funding ,the Qatar based western named expert said Assad was buying oil from them? That doesn't sound right!

They sell 9,000 barrels a day that ends up with Assads army :-/ who pay with weapons ! Or to the Kurds who take it into Turkey

Anyway we should arrest all their backers and dry their money up

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

originally posted by: skitzspiricy
The only things these threat levels achieve is to create fear, panic and division amoungst the population.

Someone forgot to send that memo then, because not one person I know is suffering from "fear, panic or division" as a result.

In fact, if you knew anything about us British, you'd never have said that.

I know this was posted nearly a week ago, but i've only just seen it and i have to reply.

Stu, please remember that the people you know is only a tiny percentage of the UK Population, just like the people i know is only a tiny percentage of the UK population.

It does seem that the people we both know have quite a contrast in how they feel about the current situation.

It's very good that the people you know are not heavilly influenced by the media, but i know of people that are.

I know of someone that is on the fence about this ISIS situation and the threat level, but still talks about it as if there is a terrorist on every corner ready to strike at any moment.

There are 4 people i know that are totally terrified about the current situation and go on about it like "Jihadi John" his very self is about to jump out at them and chop off their heads, and are deeply concerned about these so called "British Jihadists" plotting here, or coming back with plots to blow us up.

One of those 4 above, a work collegue, actually got off the bus on the way to work and walked 30 mins to work, because there was a "Muslim looking man on the bus with a back pack who looked nervous".

As you are well aware, London is a very Multicultural City, there are many people of all different colours using public transport, especially during rush hour.
I did ask my work collegue whether they will be walking to work on a daily basis because i would imagine there are many people on the buses that will have tanned or brown skin carrying bags. They said they would if they had to.

Now, as i said before the people we know are only a small percentage of the UK population. But if i know of 4 to 5 people who are getting caught up in the media fear, you can bet there are more. Just like i would imagine there are more people like the people you know, whom are not so worriied.

I am British, born and raised in England and why shouldn't i say what i said? Just because your experience is different, doesn't mean i haven't experienced an element of fear, panic and division in my own daily life.

edit on 5-9-2014 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Wench though the woman may or may not be - there's no denying that some extremist muslims currently plan to do the rest of us all harm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join