It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Romney breaks away in Iowa

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This is actually a good sign for those who don't want Romney to be a real candidate. The early front runners always expend their hype too soon and are forced to drop out of the race in support of someone else. Romney making waves now (and Hillary for that matter) means their chances of actually being the nominee are considerably lower.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: adjensen

The day after Mitt Romney opened the door to another possible presidential run, a new poll shows he has a huge lead among likely 2016 Iowa Republican caucus voters.

According to a USA Today/Suffolk University poll released Wednesday, 35 percent of likely GOP caucus voters would vote for the 2012 GOP nominee in 2016. When Romney’s name was added to the pool, no other candidate received double-digit votes. (Source)

For pity's sakes, is this really the best that we can do? The guy was a total failure in 2012, has done nothing since, and yet Republicans think he's good for another go?

I can't seem to find the quote now, but I recall someone in the RNC saying, after Romney's defeat in 2012, "We had no message, and sent out the world's worst messenger to deliver it." How would that be any different today?

I'm a centralist who has voted for the GOP in the past, but I wouldn't vote for this elitist idiot if he gave me $100 to do so. It's in times like this that it seems obvious that the system is designed to fail.

Total failure as in he was spot on with most things and even predicted our problems with Russia? The main problem with Romney in 2012 was the liberal media slandering him and giving Obama a pass .. and liberal debate monitors who are supposed to be neutral lied mid debate to give Obama points and hurt Romney .. and even admitted to doing it saying they knew Romney was right and Obama was wrong but they couldn't help themselves.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Romney is the perfect GOP candidate for the Corporate Oligarchy. No matter who is elected the Corporations and the military industrial complex, will still be "persons" and have the federal government totally under their control.

Que the red white and blue patriotism for the coming war. If you listen carefully you can hear them in the distance.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

I checked the poll candidates...Ben Carson was not on the list of options.

Carson won an Iowa straw poll last week with 62% of the vote.
Iowa straw poll last week

I am not sure if there has been a recent and reliable poll yet that has included both Mittens and Carson....

At this stage I would say that Carson is probably leading Romney by a margin.

Carson is also clearly against the NWO as this video shows

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

"It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

"If at all possible, I would only wish that I could bitch-slap the GOP."
-beezzer

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
post deux
edit on 30-8-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is “stuck in a Cold War mentality” when it comes to working with Russia, U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”

Biden defended President Barack Obama’s “open microphone” remark last week to his Russian counterpart, Dmitry Medvedev, and focused on Romney’s reaction, in which the former Massachusetts governor described Russia as, “without question, our number-one geopolitical foe.”

“He acts like he thinks the Cold War’s still on,” Biden said. “I don’t know where he’s been.”

Versus

“This is my last election, and after my election I have more flexibility,” Obama told Medvedev.

“I understand,” Medvedev replied in English, adding that he would “transmit this information to Vladimir.”

Who was right?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Romney showed just how much of a coward he was last time when someone asked him if he supported the NDA and the criminalizing of law abiding citizens for safety's sake, and he replied "Yes, absolutely" And after he said this it was obvious why he was a candidate to begin with. Because he obeys the status quo. The patriotic Americans I used to know would have went up there and choked him out in front of the entire country.

Looks like we will have another as usual choice next election:

Crap
Royal Crap
Super ultra Crap
etc.
Are there no real law abiding candidates available? You know, ones that will uphold the freaking US Constitution?

Well, I think we saw those one all fall away like a century ago.. Ah Living the DREAM, because it really is just a dream..

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

originally posted by: caterpillage
I can't imagine him getting elected, maybe it's a setup to give the election to Hillary? Worked great for Obama.

That's exactly it....
I've said this before, Mitt Romney is a turd!!! He's a floater.... It's all a stinking setup to keep the Democrats running Obama's legacy.

Their both turds. Pick the first one you lose, pick the second one you lose

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Romney was right. And he would have been better than Obama, I even voted for him.

But he's not what we need to correct the direction that the US is going.

I'd have to say Dr. Ben Carson leads and would be better, in my humble opinion.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
And this is why we can't have nice things in America. Because we and opur politicians can never see beyond the next election. They do not do anything to actually change or fix things while in office. Nope. They only vote on crap or make laws that they think will get them elected again.

Anyway, the Republicans have another year and a half to consider who is going to run for them next time. They should use that time wisely to find someone who can beat Hilary Clinton next election. Romney ain't gonna do it. And I would rather eat rusty nails fried in dog hair than see another corrupt, slimebag Bush sit in the White House. So far, the Republicans have not been able to produce a candidate who doesn't make me cringe, facepalm, and want to beat my head into a brick wall all at the same time. They need someone with charisma that also does not sound like he should be on meds. Preferably, someone whose knowledge and intellect indicates they at least got past middle school. Someone who is conservative, but sane. Then they might have a shot.

Otherwise, we will likely end up with Clinton #2 in 2017.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I feel sorry for the religious Mormons nut jobs in Iowa. But as always polls are designed for the victor you all remember 2012 right?

Romney Fanbase and Supporters:Old Folks whom watch TV all day and angry. Some young people hyping into the hype.
edit on 31-8-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Romney would have been 10 times the President Obama is. There's nothing but crying and moaning in here that Romney is this and Romney is that, while Obama is destroying everything that America is supposed to be.

He's a smart business man and we wouldn't be in half these problems today if he was elected.

<< 1   >>

join