It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Police Seize Gamer During Live Video Stream in Denver

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
People are always striving for immersion in video games but this may be more than anyone would want , gamer Kootra online was streaming a Counter-Strike session when he had some unexpected visitors.

He was later released without charge.

edit on 29-8-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Internet trolls for the win.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
You can see the tall, bald officer calm his tits as soon as he sees the camera is streaming. I bet he was disappointed he didn't get to beat the # out of the kid.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Wow, damn kids in the other clan really went to great lengths to win that match huh?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Best part of the video is when the cop stares at the camera, realizes it's on, says something to the other cops, and all of sudden the tone goes from shouting and screaming and pointing guns, to a near complete stand-down.

I'm curious what the hell this type of brute force was required for? Are the police sitting around itching to jump in to any hot situation they get a prank phone call from some internet trolls for? Do they even do investigations anymore or just grab the guns and "go git em"?

Shooting too many cops in Grand Theft Auto?

~Namaste

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Looks like the kids are cop fishin' to me...

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TerrorAlertRed

That's a great picture , doughnuts for bait

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Were the cops watching him through his Xbox One? It is a spy gadget for TPTB.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje

What???
This is CS:GO, a PC game. He is streaming it to twitch.tv and another gamer called the police to him

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It is called "Swatting". This is a growing problem with streamers. If you do a search on YouTube for "Swatted" you will see several other instances of this.

Someone is going to get seriously injured/killed because of this.

JT

**ETA** Swatting is where someone hacks the phone system and places a 911 call which looks like it is coming from the victims house. The 911 call is disturbing enough to require a SWAT team to show up.
edit on 29-8-2014 by Greenblaz because: Better definition

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Greenblaz

Wow ! , the stupidity of some people is amazing.
I had no idea , thanks for the info.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
At least they didn't shoot him...

Progress

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: aLLeKs
Ah, I see. He was "swatted".

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
There are a couple of pranked 'swatting' events on YouTube as well...

Not sure how in the world they get away with them, concerning legal issues.

So Big Boy and I had a meeting couple months ago about doing a prank together after hours of talking he told me that he rents out a house to Janoskians and asked me if I wanted to prank them...Well...We came up with this, ENJOY!!!

Watch behind the scenes footage of Big Boy and Vitaly epically pranking the Janoskians by arresting them on a drug bust.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfTheLawOfOne
I'm curious what the hell this type of brute force was required for?

The caller said he had just shot 2 people and if the cops came in the door he was killing them too.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje

I never usually put on my tinfoil hat...

But the average web cam on a laptop, can be used against you in many ways and not just by the Powers that be either.

Criminals can hack your web cam to stake your house out, pervs can watch you through them and just about anyone else that has an interest in what you are doing.

If not actually using your web cam, you should always keep it covered with a piece of tape or blu-tac and as specially if your kids are using the computer..!!
edit on 31-8-2014 by Ironclad2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad2000

A thing most people don't know, is that your webcam can be on and recording with the light still off. The light on is almost always a separate bit in the program and is not directly tied to if it is recording or not. So some one can hack your computer turn the camera to record but disable the on light. The more you know.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Not sure how in the world they get away with them, concerning legal issues.

Thats the question I am asking as well.

Its known who places the prank calls right?

How is it that charges aren't laid for having to get a swat team out?

I mean for one it costs money, tax payer money, second it can create a rather dangerous situation where wrongful death or injury could very easily happen.

It is known who places these prank calls?
edit on 1-9-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: SonOfTheLawOfOne
I'm curious what the hell this type of brute force was required for?

The caller said he had just shot 2 people and if the cops came in the door he was killing them too.

One caller? No other calls or confirmed reports? Don't send a cruiser in the area to check first?

Just seems overkill.

I noticed the video has been changed, and it's revealed at the end that it's a prank?

If so, the thread goes to the hoax bin.

~Namaste

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

I noticed the video has been changed, and it's revealed at the end that it's a prank?
If so, the thread goes to the hoax bin.

The video I posted has not been changed nor is it revealed as a prank at the end , I don't understand your comment ,this was not a prank.

The police said that the 911 call was made from a landline. A rival gamer who goes by the online handle @screwpain has claimed responsibility on Twitter, and he confirmed that he had been arrested, several hours after exchanging tweets with 7News:
uk.news.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

join