It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

god almighty, what's with the timeouts?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: TKDRL

sorry i should have been more specific....yes attacked...but by whom and why ?

My theory? By nerds with misdirected nerd rage who need to get off the computer, and get themselves some sexy time.

Even the nerdiest nerds need some semblance of lovin'. It would probably alleviate a lot of abuse the net gets with the DDoS attacks.

(And yes, I'm being more sarcastic than serious. Still a little serious, though)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

i bet they are hanging out for those sexbots to come out....since we are being a little serious i don't buy it....sex can easily be payed for intimacy cannot......

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I agree. It's getting a little out of hand. Hopefully someone will give them some pity sexy time and be done with it. The sooner... The better.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I was looking at the map Niyah posted.
As usual nothing is happening in Canada.
Man, we get left out of everything!

Just wanted to say that I'm not in N. America and my internet connection is fine.

But I too am having problems posting here, but now I know why.
We'll just have to wait it out.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I'm sorry the site is under attack, but really happy to see the problem wasn't on my end.

I got a weird message about the ATS photo upload page being a loop/redirect, and a few timeouts.

The jerks responsible for this need to put their talents to better use.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

I found out you can just refresh the page and resend your form data to get your message posted. Works fine for me.

Looks like USA and China is enjoying a game of bowling-ball ping-pong in the DDoS visualisation posted by Nyiah

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

just had

a timeout and posted within seconds

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

and its still happening

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Judging from the visualisation link posted by Nyiah, the core of the attack has lasted 20 hours.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Nerds need to find something better to do with their time. Maybe come out of mommy's basement and get some sun or something. There was an attack on Playstation(and others) the other day and it kept me from playing a game that I wanted to play. It's just BS. Get a life, nerds.

TIMEOUT!!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Hmm..
Still glitchy.

Still trying to redirect my computer to several sites it states.
Then halts.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Could this here explain something, seeing USA seems to be the target of a severe cyber attack at the moment?

www.janes.com...

Key Points
  • Increased Western sanctions against Russia suggest that retaliatory cyber attacks are more likely.
  • State or state-sponsored cyber groups are likely to target critical Western assets with disruptive or criminal attacks.
  • Firms that manage critical resources or financially sensitive data are likely to be at the highest risk of attack, together with large companies that are considered to be "symbolically Western".

• posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:36 AM
    link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
    Nerds need to find something better to do with their time. Maybe come out of mommy's basement and get some sun or something. There was an attack on Playstation(and others) the other day and it kept me from playing a game that I wanted to play. It's just BS. Get a life, nerds.

Reading that it's hard to tell which side you belong too.

In all fairness, nerds in general are a bit more creative in life then the 'claimed non nerd' online game player.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:39 AM
    link   
    Yeah, been trying to post some bigfoot footage..but keep getting timed out..Ahhhh

Oh well..I'll try later .

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:44 AM
    link   
    a reply to: RUFFREADY

Just refresh the window and resend the data, works like a charm.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:46 AM
    link   
    a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Nothing ever happens in Canada lol.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:49 AM
    link   

originally posted by: Bone75
    a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Nothing ever happens in Canada lol.

Darn right, eh!

Ps: Besides having problems posting now I'm also getting 404 a few times, but I just refresh then it's ok.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:52 AM
    link   
    a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Yeah I did ..I tried ..with out a bunch of writing lol!! Just posted video and it's up

Thanks

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:06 AM
    link   
    Looking at digitalattackmap.com Russia is remarkably silent, while there is a steady current of attacks exchanged between US and China, together with various high tension waves from undisclosed sources. Also UK and France seem to struggle.

Could this simply be due to that border-gateway-protocol-IP-cache-router-restart-issue I've been reading about lately? Apparently the infrastructure of the net itself is in dire need of having the older routers round the world upgraded, restarted or simply replaced with new ones, since they were only designed to store a maximum 512 000 routes, and these days this roof has been breached, leading to all kinds of trouble.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:05 AM
    link   
    hey, don't we have a few of the "anonymous" guys on here?...and if so...could you please go and kick these aholes where it hurts...thanks in advance

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join