It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

god almighty, what's with the timeouts?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
ok, so we're having that timeout problem again, where if you wait more than 5 seconds to hit the post button, it times out, and you lose your post....this is also occurring for starting threads (i know this, because this is my 3rd attempt to start this thread)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Same here, it is so annoying I had to resist the temptation to put my fist through the monitor like this guy:
[SNIP]

ROFL I didn't check that to see it was that large of an image. WOW 4 whole MB? I'll bet that broke your 33.6 modem..

edit on 29/8/2014 by Gemwolf because: Mod Note: Embedding 4 MB images into posts doesn't help either...

edit on 29-8-2014 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
No kidding! It's driving me insane!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

This happened to me as well. I was about to make a really good comment on a thread, and the request timed out??? There is a workaround. Copy your message with ctrl+c BEFORE you hit post. Still it is dissapointing, because it would have been a good post for that thread.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

This is everywhere. I can't change some stuff on my eBay account. Buyers can't bid on US auctions from the US. An online game I'm playing is being hit by denial of service attacks and has been for two days. My cable provider had a server go down. I have trouble loading ATS.

All this in the past 48 hours.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Shanghai and China also cannot get out to internet. No service right now

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Figured it was only me because of the browser I have to use now which I do not prefer for ATS posting.

The time out is happening about 50percent of the time or more. It was worse earlier, as pages barely loaded.

Save your post before entering so that you don't lose them!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
If anyone can decipher the Digital Attack Map, it seems there's a pretty sizable internal US attack ongoing right now. I think? I'm no expert in this data and have no frame of reference to go with.

Quick edit: And yes, I'm having timeout issues on ATS and elsewhere as well. And MMO that I play has had some serious lag/latency all night, too, more than the usual lag we expect from it.
edit on 8/29/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I feel your pain OP. I just posted a thread that I had included a bunch of pictures on and lost it... twice. I almost really lost it after that.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

This is everywhere. I can't change some stuff on my eBay account. Buyers can't bid on US auctions from the US. An online game I'm playing is being hit by denial of service attacks and has been for two days. My cable provider had a server go down. I have trouble loading ATS.

All this in the past 48 hours.

Yeah my service was done recently too. Games have been DDoSed lately- www.abovetopsecret.com... more for those who haven't seen it- said to be doing it for "corporate greed revenge" on Sony, etc., for example.
Not sure if it's related, though doesn't seem likely, to what's been going on with the whole of the net. Look to a bigger source.
edit on 29-8-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
The map seems to show the U.S. as the epicentre, but the FAQ on the site explains that this does not necessarily put the source of attack within the U.S.

a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Huff & Puff.

It must the Next Level of B.S. !!

Something's going on with my connection too.

Slow and timeouts.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Nyiah
The map seems to show the U.S. as the epicentre, but the FAQ on the site explains that this does not necessarily put the source of attack within the U.S.

a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I don't think it's ATS itself either judging from how my internet is acting right now. I couldn't even get the map to pull up Nyiah linked to. What does load just drags on and on.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

props to Gemwolf because: lol

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: InFriNiTee

oh, i know this trick...i'm just not in the habit of copying the entirety of my posts, because they're not supposed to get eaten by the system, lol

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

so on the upside it is not just me having the issue

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
If anyone can decipher the Digital Attack Map, it seems there's a pretty sizable internal US attack ongoing right now. I think? I'm no expert in this data and have no frame of reference to go with.

There has been a directed attack on ATS this evening. Our attack mitigation kicked-in, and unfortunately, part of that means that some users will experience "funky" site page loads from time to time.

sorry

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Domo1 might need a password reset and can't remember his email.

WOwzers I finally got something through!
edit on 29-8-2014 by domodeux because: (no reason given)

Dropkicked computer, long story, someone HALP!
edit on 29-8-2014 by domodeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
This has been happening to me for a couple hours. I write a post but then hit reply and get a timed out page. However I hit refresh and then the page refreshes and posts what I wrote. So I have not lost anything. I was able to get out several long posts in the last hour. It is just really annoying lol.

Who is attacking us SkepticOverlord. Give us there address. Me and biigs will go punch them.

edit on 29-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Aw, it's not you who needs to apologize, you didn't do anything wrong. It's the jerks attacking the site that need some manners (and a life) dangit

<<   2  3  4 >>

join