It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emanuel, Gutierrez: Chicago Will Lead Upon Executive Amnesty Announcement

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
MODS: Please feel free to do as yours Hear Desires. I used the Search Function with Negative Results.

Yes, Folks, that's the Title, What do you think, can Chicago take at least One Thousand or More illegals?
How do you fell in Chicago about becoming a Border State?
Do you have the jobs for these people?
We are talking about Obamas plan to give Work Permits to Five Million illegals and Chicago's own Local Politician's are Wetting Themselves Over The idea of being able to Help!!
Are you?

On Wednesday, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) met with more than 50 pro-amnesty leaders in Chicago to prepare for President Barack Obama's executive amnesty that could give work permits to five million illegal immigrants.
Gutierrez said that Chicago "voices have been among the loudest calling for immigration reform" and will "be a leader when it comes to implementing administrative action."
“I told the President he should be as bold and generous in providing deportation relief as the Republicans have been mean spirited and small minded in blocking immigration reform in Congress,” Gutierrez said in a statement. “When an announcement comes, we will make sure Chicago is ready, that the community institutions in our neighborhoods are ready, and that we can efficiently inform our community about what is being announced and can help our neighbors sign up.”

Isn't it Great watching Democrats Destroy an American City! Remember, you all Voted for EMANUEL.

Emanuel, who used to be President Obama's chief of staff, faces a tough reelection battle in 2015, as his approval ratings have been plummeting. Knowing that he may need to win Hispanics by a huge margin, Emanuel recently named Gutierrez, with whom he has had a history of animosity, as a co-chairman of his reelection campaign.
“We value the voices of these important leaders and we have a landmark opportunity to set an example and lead the nation on this issue," Emanuel said in a statement after the meeting that lasted more than an hour.
Gutierrez noted that Chicago is already "a leader on immigration issues and when the President makes his announcement, whatever the specifics, Chicago will be ready to lead again. He added that the country needs "to address the toll that deportations have taken and start the healing process in communities across the city and across the nation."

Earlier this week, Gutierrez conceded that it would be "unprecedented" if Obama gives temporary amnesty to five million illegal immigrants. He called it "music to my ears" and acknowledged that pro-amnesty groups were not prepared when Obama enacted his first executive amnesty. Since millions more may be able to qualify if Obama does enact his next amnesty, Gutierrez has been urging groups in all communities to start laying the groundwork now to identify and assist those who could qualify for temporary amnesty.
Gutierrez and the Congressional Hispanic Caucus have asked for Obama to be as "broad and generous," and they even gave Obama a wish list asking for amnesty for everyone who would have qualified under the Senate's amnesty bill. Last month, Gutierrez assured La Raza that Obama promised him he would take steps to "stop the deportation of our people."

That's right Chicago, you have a La Raza Rep, in the Mayor's Office that has the Ear and respect of your Mayor

You're So Screwed!
Link
ETA: Just Think, Soon Chicago will be a Border City with Bill Boards in Spanish and your own Separate Spanish Only Phone Book.
edit on 29-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 29/8/2014 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps from title

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
This is about amnesty for illegal immigrants that are already in Chicago. Is unchecked illegal immigration bad....Yes. Do i severely dislike Emmanuel....Yes. But like I said those illegal immigrants are already here. Chicago has a huge hispanic population. If any city can handle it. It is Chicago. If people are amnestied we have the community level organizations that can integrate them into the city. We have always had a high illegal immigration population. Chicago has not imploded yet. By the second generation. They all speak English and all embrace American Culture. I have lived in Chicago or near Chicago. My whole life. So I know a thing or two about this stuff.

I am also half Mexican. I was born here. My parent that is Mexican was born here. My grand parents came over legally. Which Ideally is how all immigrants should come over. My grand parents spoke English ok and Spanish really good. My parent that is Mexican speaks English perfectly and is bad at Spanish but they speak it. I only speak English. I do not know how to speak Spanish. I can understand a little but do not speak it. My family came here legally and I believe that is how all immigrants should come. Simply because there are already too many people in this country and we can not take care of those who are already here. But I know people whose parents came over Illegally and they all speak English, barley speak Spanish, and are fully integrated into American Culture. I do not know how it is in other citys but here by the second generation everyone is the same lol.

So to end. While I do not agree with all of this. Chicago is better equipped than most to handle it. I think border cities are bad because they are border cities. You can not get integrated into US culture. If you can cross the street and be in Mexico lol.
edit on 29-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy
I wish to congratulate your family on coming to America the right way and paying their dues and assimilating.

I only wish I could be certain they had your families respect for America, from what I've seen living in Arizona, They Don't!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Is China looking better all the time ? I do hope we as a nation can survive until the next election comes around.. However with the two party system it will probably be more of the same old stuff with just a different look and feel...

It will be interesting on what the executive orders are when they are finally cut... Interesting to see the reaction of the citizens (if any?)..

Facing an expected onslaught of opposition, the administration plans to argue that Congress failed to provide enough resources to fully enforce U.S. laws, thereby ceding wide latitude to White House to prioritize deportations of the 11.5 million people who are in the country illegally, administration officials and legal experts said. But Republicans, too, are exploring their legal options for stopping Obama from what they've deemed egregious presidential overreaching.

finance.yahoo.com...
We have them coming by ship/boat/air and the good old wading method.

Illegal aliens successfully landed on a San Diego beach in a panga boat on Monday and ran to shore - but, when another group tried the same thing on Tuesday, U.S. Customs and Border (CBP) agents were waiting for them.

Around 7am Monday morning, a horde of illegal aliens stormed a San Diego beach after coming ashore in a panga boat. They sprinted across the beach and climbed over a wall, entering the city.

cnsnews.com...

I bet in some of the town hall meetings have gotten rather heated .... as if it will do much good ?

"It's morphed into something bigger than a debate over fixing our broken immigration system - it's a piece of the overall sense that things are on the wrong track in this country," he said.

Hensarling said "there's a lot of fear about that, about a president who has a pen and a phone, but doesn't seem to have a copy of the Constitution."

www.reuters.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: guohua
I wish to congratulate your family on coming to America the right way and paying their dues and assimilating.

I only wish I could be certain they had your families respect for America, from what I've seen living in Arizona, They Don't!

I have never been to Arizona so I do not know how it is there. Chicago is a very diverse city. While we do have neighborhoods that are predominantly one race. We also have a lot of mixed neighborhoods. Both racially and economically. We also have a very long history of integrating many people from many different countries going back to the beginning of the city. So we are kind of used to this. We have gotten pretty good at integration.

I think the closer you are to the border the harder it is for integration. The immigrants try to create enclaves were they do not want to assimilate. Which I think is wrong. It is harder to do that the further you are away from the border. It is ok to keep aspect of your culture. But you should learn English and be willing to coexist with the local culture of your country when you arrive as the first generation. While preparing your children for full integration. The second generation has no excuses and should only consider themselves American.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Is China looking better all the time ?

a reply to: 727Sky

Huh, Yes, when I watch or listen to Obama Run his Pie Hole About Crap he knows Nothing about! Other than to Blame others.
He can't enforce our laws, he can't deport illegals, run a Government, How do people expect this idiot to fight a a much of Crazy Muslim Fanatic's?
He can't, he doesn't have a clue, none of this has anything to do with the Game of Golf!
I know what China will do when or if the Muslim Fanatic's know as ISIS threaten China,,,,,I don't think their that Stupid!

They know Obamas weak and is more concerned with illegals and La Raza and keeping the Senate and Of-Course Golfing than the Death of Captured Reporters or Women and Children and the Mass Murder of unarmed Captured Soldiers that had surrendered.
Sorry, Ranting,,,,,,,

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Actually it does the soul good to cut a good rant every now and then, No ? hahah We are on the same page my friend.. This administration tends to abide by laws that it likes, disregards laws it doesn’t like, and ignore those elected representatives or people who do not agree with it's many desired goals by using the race card or blaming someone else for their own ineptness.. Or it is all a grand plan and it is working...?
1955 song "the great pretender"
safeshare.tv...
edit on 29-8-2014 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Chicago is such a toilet now.

I doubt even illegals will go there.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Treasonous, the lot of them. Guantanamo Bay for them all....federal prison would be too comfy for them.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
WHY ALL CAPS????!!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Chicago and the rest of Illinois got screwed with The Dream Act.

Chicago unemployment for the real citizens in the segregated neighborhoods of blacks is 94%. There are no jobs in Chicago. If people do work, they go outside the city to the outlining suburbs of Cook County or beyond. The few surviving white neighborhoods are truly empty, with A+ Properties perpetrating people are living there when they aren't. They can't afford the rent.

Daley is the reason why the Mexican population is out of control. Rahmmy is trying to build him a little legacy but truth be told, outside of the Mexicans working under the table for little to nothing, or long hours way over any legality, nobody else in the majority is really working. Take a look at downtown. For Sale, For Lease, For Rent is all you see on Michigan Avenue thanks to a high ass city tax rate on business. Lincoln Square, Lincoln Park, Old Irving, Wrigleyville are starting to look like far south side neighborhoods.

Stick a fork, she's done.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchPlayer

Not to mention the insane cigarette tax !!!

Chicago combined with Cook Co and Illinois and Federal is the highest in the country.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArchPlayer
Chicago and the rest of Illinois got screwed with The Dream Act.

Lincoln Square, Lincoln Park, Old Irving, Wrigleyville are starting to look like far south side neighborhoods.

Stick a fork, she's done.

I am in those north side neighborhoods all the time. I will take pictures next time. They do not look anything like the far south side neighborhoods. I grew up on the south side. I then lived on the north side until six month ago, i now live in the northern suburbs and I still visit those neighborhoods all the time. Both the worst neighborhoods on the south side and the best neighborhoods on the north side. What dream world are you living in. Yes those neighborhoods you mentioned are not all white anymore but they are not bad neighborhoods like the south side lol. It seems like you just like all white neighborhoods.

I mean you even use the term blacks and say the Mexican population is out of control. Not the illegal immigration population.

Your bias shows buddy.

Plus everyone I know in the city is working. African American, White, Hispanic, Asian. There are plenty of jobs. I am in East Lakeview all the time. That is one of the richer neighborhoods. My better halfs parents live there. It is full of people paying those high rents. Also full of people with roommates to pay those high rents. Its not empty like you imply mostly white, rich, neighborhoods are lol. Just take a drive by Trader Joes or Treasure Island. All those people getting overpriced organic grocerys must be paid actors.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Chicago combined with Cook Co and Illinois and Federal is the highest in the country.

This I can agree with. My better half smokes and it is insane what the price of cigarettes are. I swear I would be rich if she stopped smoking lol.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I just don't see Chicago in the same light as you do, Sorry, I know we were there in 2010 and again in 2012 dropping and picking up loads when my husband was driving.
Damn, what a Depressed place, Yes, we're in the trucking area and industrial area, But, Still,,,, We parked secured our load and rented a car, wanted to caught some shows and night life after we cleaned up.

Never again!

I have this from June 2014.

Illinois politicians want to make things worse for the many Chicagoans struggling to find jobs and make ends meet.
They’re calling for state, county and local tax hikes on the city that already has one of the worst metro area unemployment rates in the nation, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Gov. Pat Quinn is calling for income tax hikes on all Illinoisans, while both Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle and Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel want property tax hikes for Cook County and Chicago, respectively.
They seem to be oblivious to the fact that Chicago’s unadjusted unemployment rate was 7.3 percent in April, the fifth-highest when compared to the other 49 metropolitan areas with populations over 1 million people.

Link

I just don't see any reason to put more strain on a already hurting Economy.
I understand you see your city has a Great place, my husband see's Phoenix the same way, I Don't!!!

ETD:

This I can agree with. My better half smokes and it is insane what the price of cigarettes are. I swear I would be rich if she stopped smoking lol.

My husband quite 4 years ago,,, YUP! That was a mortgage payment, he smoked three packs a day.

edit on 29-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

True that! A carton of smokes on Clark and Grace at the little Arab store is 225.00!!!!!! And those cats will tell you flat out how the city schemes on them every couple months and plants expired food as an excuse to confiscate their smokes, or claims they cant read the illinois tax stamp so they are illegal to be sold and takes them all, fines them, AND takes them to court.

For all that don't know, Illinois requires a tax stamp on their smokes. If you have a pack of smokes that doesn't have the tax stamp you can be charged with interstate smuggling of contraband. And yes it is enforced.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Chicago is such a toilet now.

I doubt even illegals will go there.

True from what we seen, but, knowing how most illegals live two or three families to a home here in Phoenix, I wonder if they'll start something like this in Chicago.

The ‘luxury’ 2 bedroom apartment for 22 people

Link
Read the article.
Here in our city, in a two or three bedroom home, there are two or three some times more families living in the home. They parked their cars in what used to be a yard with grass.
It could happen!
edit on 30-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: guohua

I just don't see Chicago in the same light as you do, Sorry, I know we were there in 2010 and again in 2012 dropping and picking up loads when my husband was driving.
Damn, what a Depressed place, Yes, we're in the trucking area and industrial area, But, Still,,,, We parked secured our load and rented a car, wanted to caught some shows and night life after we cleaned up.

Never again!

I have this from June 2014.

Illinois politicians want to make things worse for the many Chicagoans struggling to find jobs and make ends meet.
They’re calling for state, county and local tax hikes on the city that already has one of the worst metro area unemployment rates in the nation, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Gov. Pat Quinn is calling for income tax hikes on all Illinoisans, while both Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle and Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel want property tax hikes for Cook County and Chicago, respectively.
They seem to be oblivious to the fact that Chicago’s unadjusted unemployment rate was 7.3 percent in April, the fifth-highest when compared to the other 49 metropolitan areas with populations over 1 million people.

Link

I just don't see any reason to put more strain on a already hurting Economy.
I understand you see your city has a Great place, my husband see's Phoenix the same way, I Don't!!!

ETD:

My husband quite 4 years ago,,, YUP! That was a mortgage payment, he smoked three packs a day.

Its ok to agree to disagree lol. I think you just think this is new for us. We already have a huge illegal immigrant population. Its not like with amnesty they are all gonna come running here. They are already here lol. We also have some problems with unemployment like the whole country does. And Ideally no more new illegal immigrants would be good while we take care of our own. With only set numbers of legal immigrants entering the country. I am not a fan of Rahm. I did not vote for him. He is an outsider trying to keep a base in the city for the Obama administration to run too when his term is up. They also only want to let illegal immigrants in because of the votes they give not any altruistic reasons. I am aware of all that.

Its just not as bad as people are making it out to be thats all, for Chicago. I guarantee Chicago and us Chicagoans will be fine. Never been to Arizona but I have traveled extensively. I would choose Chicago over almost any other big City in America. They all have the same problems we do. I just think we handle those problems slightly better. This is happening everywhere in the country. Its either deal with it or move to Canada lol. If amnesty happens in large numbers we can assimilate them by the third generation at the latest. I do not see that happening near the border. I see large sections of the border areas becoming enclaves of people not wanting to assimilate at all.

edit on 30-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

Its just not as bad as people are making it out to be thats all, for Chicago. I guarantee Chicago and us Chicagoans will be fine. Never been to Arizona but I have traveled extensively. I would choose Chicago over almost any other big City in America. They all have the same problems we do. I just think we handle those problems slightly better. This is happening everywhere in the country. Its either deal with it or move to Canada lol. If amnesty happens in large numbers we can assimilate them by the third generation at the latest. I do not see that happening near the border. I see large sections of the border areas becoming enclaves of people not wanting to assimilate at all.

Chicago is FAR FCKING WORSE!!!! You must be white, that is all I can say, and live somewhere in the cozy Northside, or a surburbanite claiming Chicago. Drop on down to the East Side sometime and live. Even Hyde Park has went to hell. Daley ran a lot of businesses out, killed a lot of events, and completely taxed out the tax base. Rosemont got that money now and its NEVER COMING BACK.

Run AWAY...

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'm glad Chicago decided to do this. Draw them all there and out of areas I frequent. Instead of enforcing the laws Obama just signs and signs and signs with his pen to break or change them. A few of these illegals are here to better themselves, the rest are here to take advantage of the system and live for free. They're a drain on society. They don't even bother to learn our language.

Every other nationality has come to America legally and worked to make it better, learn the language and be upstanding citizens. Most coming from Mexico and South America are hardened criminals. They'd rather run across the border instead of respect our nation and come here the right way. Throw them all the #@$@ out on their ears. No amnesty for any of them.
edit on 8/31/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join