It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind/Soul

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Everyone has the same shell yet everyone is different. That answers your question.

What you are experiencing is the consciousness of your soul, no different then a dream.

Everyone eventualy awakes.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
Everyone has the same shell yet everyone is different. That answers your question.

What you are experiencing is the consciousness of your soul, no different then a dream.

Everyone eventualy awakes.

or, everyone eventually falls asleep.

(meaning, this life might be it.)
think about it...we reproduce, if everything that was "reproduced" lived forever, the universe would be crowded. (just an example to think about...we come from nothing, we go back to nothing, even the religious Solomon said this...and its canonized believe it or not.)

Peace

dalen

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Interesting question.

On the physical side I would image awkwardness as you gradually got used to the coordination of your new body.

Imagine swapping the brains of a World Class Weightlifter and a Top Class Classical Musician. Imagine the difference in finger skills. The classical musician trying to bow a violin with huge strong hands, for example.

Or what about a male / female swap? Would a transplanted person feel sexually different about there relevant anatomical differences??

As to the mind/soul......mmm. I suppose classically it is associated with the brain.
So it seems logical it would follow the brain to the next biological transit system, the transplanted body...er person......

There is I understand a school of thought that the soul/mind is but a displacement in the spiritual realm that is associated to a physical displacement in the physical realm. I personally cant see that being right as surely the more body mass loss of a multiple amputee would surely result in a less sentient/enlightened person...ie someone with a more enlightened mind does not seem less enlightened because they lost a leg!!!

It is an interesting thought though....Perhaps I can have a brain transplant and still be me!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen

or, everyone eventually falls asleep.

(meaning, this life might be it.)
think about it...we reproduce, if everything that was "reproduced" lived forever, the universe would be crowded. (just an example to think about...we come from nothing, we go back to nothing, even the religious Solomon said this...and its canonized believe it or not.)

Peace

dalen

Oh im not talking about religion.

Im not gonna go into details of this subject, there are no words to explain certain things.

[edit on 17-11-2006 by selfless]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Then please do what no one has. Show us the driver...this mysterious person/being driving the machine. Cant? Didnt think so. No Im not being rude, but realistic. If someone could point that out they would be a nobel prize winner.

Dude, you are the person driving the machine. Isn't it being pessimistic to think that we are just a data bank of collected memory? Isn't that what a computer is?

We've got something else, something different then a computer. Computer's can't come up with anything original, they just follow the patterns defined by the users before hand. We've got something more then that.

No, it isn't just a difference in complexity, because no matter how complex you make a computer, you will never get it to do anything new.

Anyway, believe what you want to, it's not skin off my nose.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I want proof after years of believing religion, parents, and just the whole blind concept of some soul that is a security blanket so I feel good that when I die I go somewhere and dont do as Solomon even said...go back in the ground and stay there. Interesting, its in the Jewish & Christian Bible...quite overlooked.

You can prove it to yourself if you really want to. By consciously astral projecting we can come to know, not just believe, that we are immortal beings who existed before our physical being was created, and will continue to exist when it is destroyed.

Dream Yoga

EDIT: Very interesting topic btw, I'll post my thoughts a bit late since I'm out of time right now.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

[edit on 17/11/2006 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voidmaster
Computer's can't come up with anything original, they just follow the patterns defined by the users before hand. We've got something more then that.

Computers perform tasks based on information input into the processor, (I think). Is that really that much different from how our brains work? Information is input into our minds through our fives senses: sight, sound, smell, touch, and taste. Then our brain processes that information and does what it needs to do with that information. Our brains are just super-biological computers, and really don't work all that differently from your home PC. I just wonder if our personalities and "who we are" are determined by our brains alone, or if there's something else, like a soul, or whatever, that in essence IS who we are.

[edit on 17/11/06 by an3rkist]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
mind and matter are the same piece of paper, you shake the paper in the wind and both move, ...

a brain transplant? ... did you ask the brain if it wanted to be away from the body which feeds its thoughts?

did you ask if the brain wanted a different body to give it different patterns and a different focus? ..

or does the brain ask the questions? ..

I am being quite serious.. think about that for a minute.

or is it true? you think therefore you are?
or is it?
You are, therefore you think?... or is it, you think and are therefore you live?

Think of this my friends.

We are the only species that has the ability to forgive under the most horrible conditions.
Think of this
All other animals kill, defend and 'dominate others'
we are no different.... except
WE CAN OBSERVE OUR ACTIONS TO REVISE THEM...
We are aware that its WRONG...
WE AS HUMANS HAVE 2 EXTRA senses which animals DO NOT..
Animals function on ALIVE & DEAD, (most humans seem to adapt to that pattern)
but humans have something above ALIVE & DEAD, we have RIGHT & WRONG... Both can lead to death, and both can lead to life.
These two extra senses are really untrained or just simply not recognized for what they are...
They are the tools of PEACE and the tools to STOP Violence, when used correctly by a skilled master who has trained with the tools for years.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
This is a cool question because everyone thinks they know the answer and to be quite honest none of the people hear know the absolute positive. Your all correct and your all possibly incorrect.

When I first read this I thought of the Zeta and Greys. Underground they do similar or worse expiriments to us every day. They have their hand in this question somehow. I have no clue or even care to give a guess about this. It just seems wrong to mess with a beings stuff like that. The Grays will find out and then probably take it to the next level. I don't even know what that would be. Probably mixing the brains of animals with humans etc...

I don't think it would be wise to mix the two but it is a great thought. Wait I got it, put my brain in a super hot womans body, I could have some fun. Whoever gets my crappy body will search for a gun. But who knows maybe they had the same twisted thought, the perverts have one all for the pursuit of science.

JSR

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
i have a short coment about the computer / brain theroy.

too a certin extent, i would agree. however, i dissagree at one point.
the point being, that a computer can never be "aware" of it's self.
a person can. we have a certin something in us that alows us to ask ourselves, "where do we come from? why are we here?"

a computer cant do that. a computer can never know how or why it was created.

but a question i have always asked myself is, can we ever know how or why we are created? i know we are smart enough to ask the question. but, are we able to understand the answer? or, is it just beyond our understanding?

like there is a bubble of absolute conprehension (sp). and the answer is just beyond that.

just a thought.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JSR
a computer can never be "aware" of it's self.
a person can. we have a certin something in us that alows us to ask ourselves, "where do we come from? why are we here?"

a computer cant do that. a computer can never know how or why it was created.

Perhaps, but there is no way for us to know if in the future we may design a computer that does in fact do these things. Fifty years ago if you said we would have devices that could help blind people "see", people would've said you were absolutely crazy; that it was impossible. But look at this:

www.seeingwithsound.com...

Our brains can't comprehend all things, but that doesn't mean they are impossible. Someday someone might create a computer that has "conciousness".

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
BAH! My computer is so ridiculous! Sorry for the double post.

[edit on 29/11/06 by an3rkist]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join