It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I did not ask for an OBE - I had a terrifying one!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This happened many years ago. My x-wife and I were in the bedroom, sitting on the bed, and I stood up. My x-wife said she saw my eyes roll up to the back of my head and I just fell like a rag doll towards her. As she was catching me I regained consciousness and asked her what happened. I'm not sure if it was from lack of oxygen or what but apparently I was unconscious for no more than 2 seconds or so. It is what happened during those 2 seconds that has haunted me to this day.

At first, I felt a little confused and disoriented. I felt what I can only describe as a high frequency vibration or energy and the feeling that my mind was no longer connected to my body. I was trying to look around but I could only get a fuzzy image of my surroundings due to what I can only inadequately describe as a purplish mist. Eventually, things began to come in focus but never became crystal clear. I found myself sitting in like some sort of bar. I say bar because there was a long countertop in front of me and I was looking towards the other end of it and saw/felt 3 humanoid figures discussing something amongst themselves obviously unaware of my presence. I got the feeling that these beings, while humanoid, were not exactly human and were discussing something of importance. It was at this point that I was overwhelmed with an intense feeling of dread, like this was wrong and I was not supposed to be here. I can only describe this feeling as being at least a hundred times stronger than any emotion I have experienced before or since. It was the strength of this emotion that really made the whole experience such a terrifying one.

Anyways, while I stood there watching them trying to make sense of it all, I instantly became aware of many things at once. First of all, to my horror, I became aware that they were aware of my presence. It was like I could, all at once, know what they were feeling and thinking. I "felt" their emotions go quickly from shock and disbelief, to annoyance, and then anger. I knew that the one closest to me was about to shout "You are not supposed to be here!!! You need to go back!!!" As he turned his head to face me and before he could get the first word out I was so overwhelmed with fear that I somehow "willed" myself back into my body and awoke just as my x-wife was catching me from my fall.

According to her I was only out for a couple of seconds but for me the whole experience seemed to last well over a minute. To this day I have no explanation and look forward to any replies from anyone who has had a similar experience or might help me understand what happened.

I was also wondering if anyone else who has had an OBE has experienced emotions that seem much stronger than those experienced in everyday life.

edit on 28-8-2014 by captainmjp because: spelling

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: captainmjp

Very concise.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Entanglement to your Angel: Thread You woke from inconscience (Amnesia), which is the condition of being involved in the material world (Baptism). You likely lost the connection to your body for a few seconds and woke above.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash

Very concise.

Right, a interesting account and very matter of fact (as far as I'm concerned) without elaboration or attempted explanations. Too bad many other accounts on ATS of mysterious things end up being "all about me" rather than the event.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Sounds a lot like near death experience!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
well I though tthis would be about an "ORDER OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE" O.B.E.

was I mistaken!!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Livelovelaugh6

Yes, it was the intensity of the feeling of dread that made me think I had died but it was not yet my time. Very scary!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I will not even try to explain how they happen or why they do. I will however say they are the real deal all the way.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Every now and then, demons attack me in my sleep. They change the course of my dreams, strangle me, and have gone as far as pulling me out of my body. I know the intense emotion you speak of, and the fear that all but paralyzes you.

If you believe that Jesus died for your sins, prayer will stop these experiences as they occur. Once, I was paralyzed by a demon that was getting ready to attack me, but with prayer, I made the demon run away. The paralysis had not worn off yet, and I was still a bit frightened, so I resisted paralysis so intensely that I actually fell out of my body. For a few moments, I was able to move around in my house before I realized that I had left my body, the the shock snapped me back into my body.

I usually only experience these things, when I study the Angelic Conflict: the war that is ongoing between God's elect angels, and Satan' s fallen angels. We as humans are caught in the middle, but Satan has no power over us as long as we believe that Jesus paid for our sins on the cross, thereby purchasing us from Satan's slave market of sin.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

Come on with the cryptic replies...spill the beans, if you have some. or probably not, just post counting.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
I will not even try to explain how they happen or why they do. I will however say they are the real deal all the way.

Maybe you won't, but I will.

A Quick Tutorial on How to Have Lucid Dreams and OBEs

As a teaser...

edit on 2014-8-29 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Hang on, did you not already post this, except in your original post before you fell over onto the bed you partook in a very large hit of a normally illegal substance which other posters reckoned may have been spiked and thus created this experience?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

Yes, and if you remember it was the conclusion of all, that this OBE had nothing to do with drug use but was the result of me being unconscious for a couple of seconds. It was the discussion of drug use that caused the original post to get deleted. I hope to avoid that this time by limiting the discussion to the OBE itself rather than it's cause.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
...I Feel, Like You Have Already Posted This Exact Same Story.....

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I've had one, but can't remember details.

It was not like what I had expected from reading Charles Fort.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
sounds pretty awesome. you shouldve just been like neo from the matrix and went all bruce lee on their asses. they wouldve been like "who the hell is this badass who came out of nowhere?"

No but seriously, can you remember any of their important conversation?

When you knew it was about to yell at you, could you tell what its voice was going to sound like? im picturing a deep demonic voice distorted digitally... like in the matrix near the beginning when the silver stuff goes up his (neos) arm and up his neck and he goes to yell. That kind of sound. Or was it just going to be a normal human sound? Or did you only pick up the words in your own "mental" thinking voice?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I had an OBE once when I was a teenager and was really into those Time Life books about the paranormal. This particular book had a part about how to have an OBE. As I fell asleep that night my subconscious must have followed what I was reading because I felt my body get thrown out of my body and land very lightly on the floor across my room. I remember think "what the hell?" When I looked up I saw my body in my bed sleeping, it freaked me out and I was sucked right back. The entire experience lasted seconds, but I wished I wouldn't have been scared because that book said that people who could control their experience are able to go places, like float out the building and fly around. I know that sounds ridiculous but I thought it sounded cool at the time!
I wouldn't mess with the lucid dreaming stuff. That's freakin' scary!!! I read about in on here a couple of years ago when I was researching sleep paralysis. I have had episodes of sleep paralysis lots of times in my life but none so scary as after I learned about lucid dreaming. There was something there waiting for me, and it was so real. A black entity, it was a shadowy figure lurking, waiting.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
When I was 12 years old I had surgery to remove my tonsils and adenoids. I'm told the surgery was text book and no odd events happened. After the surgery I was wheeled in the bed to a recovery area.

Up to the point of being wheeled into this recovery area I have no memory. The memory of what happened after entering the recovery area is as follows.

I woke up enough to see the room I was in, there was 3 or four beds with patients and there was 3 or 4 nurses attending to the patients. My angle of vision was not from a standing position on the floor but rather when I awoke I was looking down into the room like I was in the ceiling.

All the nurses in the room suddenly started to react to one of the patients, this patient was screaming and thrashing about in there bed. I watched as a nurse on each side of the bed attempted to hold the patient still while another nurse placed a yellow cushion over the bed rails on each side of the patient, no one seemed to notice me watch all of this occur.

I'm guessing around 25 seconds have elapsed by this time, and at this time I realized the patient freaking out was me, it was my body acting this way. I watched as my body struggled with the nurses and orderlies even breaking lose of one of there grips and punching the nurse in the face.

At this time I started questioning my conscience of what was going on, why was my body flipping out and why could I see my body and why was I floating over my body?

I slowly floated down to my body and the entire process took up to 2 minutes or less. As soon as I entered my body, I stopped freaking out as I had control as soon and I re entered.

I layed there for maybe 25 seconds when the nurse I saw myself punch came over and said if I acted right in 10 minutes I could go back to my room, I think they got me out of there in 3 or 4 minutes...

This is a clear memory and To this day I can't explain how or why this happened. For some reason my soul or conscience separated from my physical body and my body flipped out because of it, but the terror or whatever my body experienced I didn't feel while floating, I didn't feel much of anything while floating, I only had questions of what was happening.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

LOL! Ya, that would have been cool but I'm not even sure I had a "body" with which I could have kicked their butt. Besides, while I was terrified, they were angry and did not seem threatened by me at all.

I never "heard" anything at all except a kind of electrical buzzing sound. Before they became aware of me I could not make out any words they were saying but just had a general knowledge that they were all discussing an important problem, trying to come up with a solution.

No, I never heard what their voices sounded like, I was out of there before he started yelling. I did get the feeling that all three were male, and while not exactly evil, they were no angels.

edit on 29-8-2014 by captainmjp because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2014 by captainmjp because: spelling

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
That is kinda scary...
When I was a teen, I don't remember my age. 15ish? I saw the Ring for the first time. Before I got big into horror movies, I do believe this was my second horror movie ever. There's that one point, early in the movie, where they suddenly show you a shot of the girl who died horrifically. It caught me by surprise and scared me so suddenly, I literally got scared out of my skin and for a split second, found myself staring down at my body. But I snapped right back into it. I'm slightly worried I might have the skill to slip out of my body if I want to, because while meditating, I have felt like I could have.

I've heard, and I'm not sure if this is right or not, but there are people who are big into OBE and all sorts of magick and witchcraft in Africa or South America (I don't remember which), but the shamans were really scared of not being able to get back into their bodies when they were having OBEs, because it left them completely vulnerable to any nearby spirit. So, I'm really glad whatever it was you saw wasn't Evil. I certainly don't want to have any experience like that. o_o

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join