It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton breaks Ferguson silence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Hillary Clinton addressed the events in Ferguson, Mo., on Thursday for the first time since the killing of an unarmed black teenager by a white police officer, calling for a "thorough and speedy investigation."

The Hill

After she received lots of criticism for remaining silent on the Ferguson situation Hillary Clinton has finally spoke out about her views on the matter.

"We don't want to see our streets look like a war zone. Not in America. We are better than that," she said at a technology conference in San Francisco, responding to images broadcast across the country of police in helmets and armored vehicles deploying tear gas.

Who is better the citizen? or the police?

She also praised "decent and respectful law enforcement officers, who showed what quality law enforcement looked like."

Hmmm she must have been watching a different video than the one I was watching.

"We cannot ignore the inequities that persist in our justice system," she added.

“I applaud President Obama for sending the attorney general to Ferguson and demanding a thorough and speedy investigation,” Clinton said.

I think I have finally heard enough from her, talk about a luke warm response.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The heinous monster known to the world as hilldog needs to be shunned from society as the lowest criminals in existence are. Enough can not be stated about the ugly side of her as well as old billy boy.

The fact that Bill's presidency is remembered as some kind of benevolent days we should get back to are laughable on a level that I can barely begin to describe.

As far as her comments on Ferguson, GTFO with your BS. The militarized police force could not make this woman any happier. They know what they are working for demonazi's/republifascists alike.

Honestly if 2016 is hilldog vs bushboy I will laugh hysterically to the point of being ostracized from my collective peers, which would be a blessing, for those who take part in that election are those I would never wish to speak to again!!

edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago08America/Chicago831pmThursday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
What's wrong with what she said? She said we cannot ignore the over-reaction of the police and that should be investigated, and we should also respect the LEO's that do a fine job. Sounds good to me.

Oh wait.....is this more about politics than a decent, common sense reply?

Sorry, I forgot to bring my bias to this party.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Watch enough Hillary and you will see an emotional side to her that isn't present in said speech. She's a low C***

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Its not really biased by me, I'm a recovering supporter of Hillary. I guess I expected more from the assumed next president.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

The fact that Bill's presidency is remembered as some kind of benevolent days we should get back to are laughable

No kidding. I still can't get that tank attack in Waco out of my mind.

OP I think it just took Hilary's speech writers this long to come up with some generic BS so she could weigh in without causing her 2016 plans to take a hit. Then as you said she must have been watching different videos.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

Its not really biased by me, I'm a recovering supporter of Hillary. I guess I expected more from the assumed next president.

Fair enough. I wonder what Hillary could have said that would have been more acceptable.

Are we expecting a little confirmation bias on all our parts?

What's more reasonable than the position she took?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

Watch enough Hillary and you will see an emotional side to her that isn't present in said speech. She's a low C***

I know enough about Hillary, thank you. She's not my cup of tea, but I would not stoop so low as to call her a name as degrading as the word you used.

That's not cool and I think the word you implied is one that we could do without.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Guessing that this is in regards to my contempt for hilldog.

I do apologize for not buying her common sense reply. It is not a complicated thing to do simple PR work. Especially when you are to be groomed for the next presidency, if you choose to believe her jargon that is fine.

I am however of the opinion, that is strictly what this is, that these people are at the core of the destruction of everything that is great within this country. So to bring this puppet out to give some kind of lipservice that appeases both camps with out actually adressing anything is absurd, baseless and quite typical of our options in this pseudo-democracy.

edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago08America/Chicago831pmThursday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I have to dissent....call a spade a spade...weve had enough hypocritical bull# already from these clowns in office.....
Hillary and Bill got to the presidents office by smuggling coc aine to sell YOUR KIDS...a C word is a C word is a C word.....
no matter how you dress em up.....or what high office they may hold.....Scum doesn't cut it.....

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

My response was not directed at anyone in particular.

I share in your distrust of Hillary, as I tend to distrust all politicians, but I think her statements were reasonable and agreeable to most people.

We need to talk about police brutality. We need to discuss the "militarization" of our peace officers. But at the same time we need to respect those officers that do a good job each day and treat the public with dignity and respect.

It doesn't matter if we agree with Hillary's politics or previous statements.....I think we can all agree with what she said here.

True?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I think Hillary's "delay" may be partly due to the absence of blame being placed on Republicans.

It took her (her staff writers and investigators) this long to go through all the possibilities and now comes up with a neutered response.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
What's wrong with what she said? She said we cannot ignore the over-reaction of the police and that should be investigated, and we should also respect the LEO's that do a fine job. Sounds good to me.

"over reaction?"

over reaction would be a tienaman sq moment.

showing up with all the toys and wizz bangs is not an over reaction.

IMO looting and rioting is an over reaction.

hillary sucks.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

When she's the next president, let's see how much you think she meant those words. She will be the most hated of them all. Approval rating 8-11%

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Id much rather watch Hilary Clinton vomit than hear her talk.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I can agree with your sentiment that we need to be discussing the "militarization" of the police force, as well as police brutality. This should be the emphasis of conversation at the moment and politicians should be adamant about this very grave problem.

You are also correct, she made blanket statements with no real substance that everyone can agree with. "We don't want to see our streets look like a war zone. Not in America. We are better than that" does what exactly? Then to immediately deflect that with the whole supporting police crap, which is not rocket sceince, there is great police officers out there this is true, they where not present at ferguson though IMHO, for the whole just doing their job thing does not work when you are openly trampling upon every bill of right possible.

There is plenty she could have brought up for instance the use of LRAD on an unarmed group of protestors with their hands up. The attacks on the alternative press/international press, the use of tear gas, the list goes on. She chose not to, she did exactly what politicians do and this does not garner any of my repsect, it simply arouses more of my contempt.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Honestly if 2016 is hilldog vs bushboy I will laugh hysterically to the point of being ostracized from my collective peers, which would be a blessing, for those who take part in that election are those I would never wish to speak to again!!

I've been involved with campaigns since 2004. Getting people to make an intelligent choice for once and finally start taking third parties seriously is precisely the type of thing that would happen if we got Hillary vs Bush.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Your words echo the hopes that I have if it is the two of them that form the ticket! It truly would be the primetime opportunity for such a thing to gain momentum!

Thank you so much for being involved and trying to spread the message about 3rd party candidates. I will continue to vote for them, in comparison to the joke of a 2 party system that we have, each 3rd party candidate in 2012, had a message that resonated with me in a very big way. They truly are the parties that represent the people desires and it was very telling indeed that during that election it took RT to give them a voice, even though Larry King was the moderator.

I could have been more thorough in my above statement. If 2016 is hilldog vs bushboy and that is the way the election goes, with the continued media blackout of 3rd party candidates and undieing support of the masses, I will laugh hysterically to the point of being ostracized.

For when discussing politics I always advocate 3rd party, it is the only chance we have, again I salute you for being involved, when I went to partake in the green party meetings in my area during 2012 it was heartbreaking. Their numbers had dwindled to the point of no members, except for the old school cats who had lost hope. I do believe you may be correct though, this could be a tipping point and I pray that it is!
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago08America/Chicago831amFriday12 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
doublepost
edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago08America/Chicago831pmThursday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

What's wrong with what she said?

Is this the "oh my, she's a girly ..." reaction again.

She said, and I quote "thorough and speedy" ... those two words, counter each other. You can't speed up things, if you intend them to be thorough. So her version of "thorough", is to find a patsy and hang him ... so the public will be pleased.

*spit*

Looking at her, and hearing her ... makes me understand why Clinton was busy with Monica Lewinsky ... she Ugly, inside and out ...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join