It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimi Hendrix and recent earthquakes (A prophet?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Previously unreleased Jimi Hendrix tracks where Released in the United States on March 9, 2010, the album boasts "12 previously unreleased studio recordings", One track in particular was " Valleys of Neptune" This song thought to be prophetic and was rumored to not be released at Jimi's request until 2010 by his father.

The majority of the tracks featured on Valleys of Neptune were recorded in early 1969, while Hendrix was experimenting with songs for his unfinished fourth album, following the successful release of Electric Ladyland in September 1968. Numerous versions have been released, both officially and otherwise, and the majority of the 'previously unreleased' recordings present on the 2010 album have been released in one form or another before, albeit sometimes in inferior quality or different versions.

With all the volcanic activity in Iceland, California, Peru and other places Is jimi trying to tell us something?

Here are the lyrics to the song.

Yeah!
Lord, I feel the ocean swaying me
Washing away all my pain
See where I used to be wounded
Remember the scars, now you can't see a thing
And I don't feel no pain oh no
Hey!
Singing about the Valley of Sunrise
Green and blue canyons too
I'm singing about Atlantis love songs
Valleys of Neptune is rising, rising, rising

Mercury liquid and emeralds shining
They're showing me where I came from baby
Honey sun turquoise bed he lays on
On the burning edge horizon
I'm sailing on a bluebird's mission
Bubble and curls and tiptoes in the foam
See the wind make love to all the ocean
And the waves spread the message got home
And the message got home
Hey yeah!
I'm singing about Atlantis love songs
Egypt moon trips flying flying
Playing about the valleys of autumn
Valleys of Neptune is rising rising
Valleys of Neptune is rising rising

Valleys of Neptune
guitar - rock on baby rock, oo oo oo, ri-i-ise, rise baby now

Lookout East coast, you're going to have a neighbor
Rebirth land home of the praying sands
We know there were three continents so much older
And they shall rise and tell us much more the truth of man
I see visions of sleeping peaks erupting
Releasing all hell that will shake the Earth from end to end
And this ain't good news, bad news, or any news
It's just the truth
Better save your souls while you can

Singing about the new valleys of the sunrise
Rainbow clean the world's going to be
Singing about getting ready for the new tide
The Valleys of Neptune is rising.

And here is a video to the song with lyrics.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

Jimi was a visionary for certain.

Check out "Up From The Skies" and "1983 (A Merman I Should Turn To Be)" for more apocalyptic/extraterrestrial/cosmic shift type visions from Jimi.
edit on 8/28/2014 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/28/2014 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'd like to think Jimi was a prophet, but I don't know how you can assume he is talking about these recent times as opposed to the time when he wrote this song or 100 years from now... unless of course he gave specific instructions to not release this song until 2010

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Hi

Interesting concept, but how can anyone predict the future, when the future has not happened yet?

Some things we can predict based on intelligent analysis of past events, but ultimately it is impossible to know what has not yet happened, unless you think we are all living in an ancestor simulation.

If we are, then a lot of prophets were made fools of!!

take your pick

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: korkythecat

Hi

Interesting concept, but how can anyone predict the future, when the future has not happened yet?

Some things we can predict based on intelligent analysis of past events, but ultimately it is impossible to know what has not yet happened, unless you think we are all living in an ancestor simulation.

If we are, then a lot of prophets were made fools of!!

take your pick

i did not want to go there, but he also mentions in this song about how he washed his pain and scars away also.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I listened to Hendrix a lot in the late 80's early 90's, the guy was a guitar legend and some of his lyrics were certainly referencing 'out of this world' things, I guess he did do a lot of 'contemplation of the psychedelic', the Age of Aquarius and all that, such an era.

I used to especially like listening to Are you Experienced lyrics on stereophonic sound, it was a tangible experience.

There are a lot of songs referencing such things, even the Beatles were at it in their 'Transcendental Meditation' phase.

Some songs are like 'in the zone' IMO for contemplation of 'space', dimensions and realities. Pink Floyd's 'comfortably numb', which could describe a lot of humanity these days, practically anaesthetised to nature, reality and truth, is amongst those.

This song, which is like a part of me, always has more meaning IMO, referencing dimensions.

Face to face in a dry and waterless place.

And if the mountains should crumble
Or disappear into the sea

Come on take me home, home again.

edit on 28-8-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

And AC/DC's 'you shook me all night long' was about the Cali earthquakes,
Rainbow's 'Rainbow rising' was about ISIS
And Neil Diamonds 'Hot august night' album is about global warming and the volcanoes erupting this month....
etc..

Still... psychedelic drugs and good music played loud thru thermionic amplification (ie not solid state) is certainly a good recipe to reach otherworldly realms.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Jimi a Profit...Pfffft...Jimi was God.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Like most muso's, I dont think Jimi ever made a profit.

Oh... do you mean PROPHET?

still... both work for Rush's 'Spirit of the radio'

'For the words of the prophets (profits)
Were written on the studio wall,
Concert hall,
Echoes with the sounds, of salesmen'

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Do you have a link or some proof for this info? Just curious to read more about it.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
If you drop the copious amounts of acid that Jimi did, anyone can come up with lyrics that appear to be visionary.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I love Hendrix stuff. Seriously awesome. However, I have a hard time believing that he said to hold that until 2010. I can't see that at all. I"m wondering if there was a $$/promotional reason someone is claiming Hendrix himself said that.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I love Hendrix stuff. Seriously awesome. However, I have a hard time believing that he said to hold that until 2010. I can't see that at all. I"m wondering if there was a $$/promotional reason someone is claiming Hendrix himself said that.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Holy hell... I go away for a while and FF is a mod. LMAO!! CONGRATS! Not a better choice IMO!

My dad used to rattle my brain right out of my head in his work truck on an 8 track with Hendrix when I was a kid. Late 60's and 70's. You listen to enough Jimmi, you think he is speaking to you, about you, about the universe. Thats because he WAS one of us.... us little people and common people with big visions. He just had the moment in time to put them to music and broadcast them. We who think outside of the box can identify with the words and meanings. Thats all.

A lot has been attributed to Jimmi.. things he never said. Its all theatre to baffle the baffleable for a buck.

new topics

top topics

join