It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Michael Brown Allegedly Involved in Second Degree Murder Case

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Here we go again.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: TiedDestructor

My problem is, that the officer was not aware of who Brown was... Let alone his prior record before any action was taken on his part. The officer's reactions that day were based on what occurred or didn't occur between him and Brown before he was killed. Introducing this in makes it seem like the officer knew about this and that's why he did what he did.

That's my point. Again... I have no side. I feel that Brown was a big guy and he was probably a bit of a bully, but I want justice done no matter which side that justice falls on. I don't want to muddy the waters on either side so that there is no question when the verdict comes down.

That's all.

ETA - That I hope you have not mistakenly thought I have elevated the officer or Brown in any thread that I have participated in on this forum. I do not know either one so neither are elevated IMO. They are people, just like me. One is deceased, the other is accused. I want the right thing to be done regardless of who it comes out in favor for.

I misunderstood your notion; my apologies.

I have not doubt where you stand. That's part of the reason I enjoy your posts.

Unless misunderstood....

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish
I agree. I care how he died.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

It's all good.

It was partially my fault. I see where my wording could leave some room for thought in my first post. It's a heated issue for sure. I wish there was a clear cut right and wrong, but I am not sure we will ever have that even after a verdict. I hate any wasted, loss of life and I hate that we live in a society that we do have to doubt the word of those who are supposed to serve and protect. I don't guess there is a lot that we can do about it but try and see that some form of justice is done every time something like this comes up in hopes of cutting down on the amount of times it seems to be happening.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Wait, did i not get the memo?

Is it now legal to murder people if they have been through the court system for past crimes?
/sarcasm

Dang, just think of how horrible of a world it would be if the police could just kill someone if they had any kind of past blemish on their record. From my understanding of the justice system, once you are convicted and serve your time, you have paid your debt to society.

Apparently when you pay your debt to society, its not really paid. It will be used against you for the rest of your life and be used to justify someone murdering you in cold blood.

"Yes officer, i killed that man, but he went to jail a few years ago because of something bad he did, so its ok" -no one ever

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
"character assassination " most you people are ridiculing the messenger's bringing forth the facts of WHO Brown was as a person.

It would seem to me that Michael Brown has done a purity good job of assassinating his own character.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
OK

Brown's past doesn't matter
Police dept past doesn't matter

Level field.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Mike brown is One. The police are Many. Mike brown is 18. The police are hundreds of years old. Mike brown was judged. The police judged him. Mike brown was never meant to judge. The police have always been the judges.

there is no such level playing field.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Either everyone's past matters or no one's does. How much and did it matter at the event, that is the question.

edit:

there is no such level playing field.

Thar is the purpose of the legal system.

edit on 8/28/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/28/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Either everyone's past matters or no one's does. How much and did it matter at the event, that is the question.

That's why I say let's be fair about it at least. Browns past is out, like it or not. So let's dig into this cops past and put him on blast for the world to judge and mock and love and hate etc...

Fair is Fair right.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
If this is all true, it goes to the possibility that Brown may have verbally threatened officer Wilson as he attempted to gain control of Wilson's gun.

Attitude is Attitude.

Brown, a few minutes before, obviously threatened people in that store.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

From what i have read and heard, the officer doesn't have a negative past. But some agency might want to check to make sure the records are being kept. We haven't heard anyone in town talking about abuse at his hands. He might know how to work just below the threshold. I get the impression most or all of the force is questionable.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

And what does that have to do with anything... He was murdered and this does not justify anything that happen the night he was killed.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Since the officer did not know who he was when he stopped him, or even that he was suspected of stealing from the corner store.... this should have no bearing on that case IMO.

I highly doubt that it will even be allowed to be mentioned in any case involving his death.

If the officer was aware beforehand then it may have had some affect in his actions (being more nervous, safe, etc) but he did not and that makes me wonder why it was brought to light to begin with.

I am by no means one who thinks Brown was a harmless little boy, but trying to muddy the waters with character assassinations before any trial is a little dirty IMO. Ferguson is it's own event all together and only the events that day should be taken into consideration.

oh sure!

link the cop to a internet site that sounds white and see how you people run with it.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
hell. i was acquitted of a double homicide on a technicality.

no way i am guilty of robbery!

i was just trying to get my stuff back.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

Since the officer did not know who he was when he stopped him, or even that he was suspected of stealing from the corner store.... this should have no bearing on that case IMO.

I highly doubt that it will even be allowed to be mentioned in any case involving his death.

If the officer was aware beforehand then it may have had some affect in his actions (being more nervous, safe, etc) but he did not and that makes me wonder why it was brought to light to begin with.

I am by no means one who thinks Brown was a harmless little boy, but trying to muddy the waters with character assassinations before any trial is a little dirty IMO. Ferguson is it's own event all together and only the events that day should be taken into consideration.

oh sure!

link the cop to a internet site that sounds white and see how you people run with it.

I'm sorry, what?? I don't understand what that means...

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Its odd since the police stated he had no criminal record from the beginning and the thread that was linked above showed after some research/investigation, that this was another Mike Brown, living in another area.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
Its odd since the police stated he had no criminal record from the beginning and the thread that was linked above showed after some research/investigation, that this was another Mike Brown, living in another area.

The records were sealed.

That means the correct "Legal" answer is "No he has no record".

Similar comparison;

If your criminal arrest and conviction is sealed,

the correct "Legal" answer is "NO" when asked if you were ever arrested for, or convicted of a crime.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I'm confused.. His juvenile record is sealed for a reason. He is no longer a juvenile. Prior bad acts are not admissible and secondly are not a matter of public record. Not sure what a lawsuit will accomplish.

I woulg guess a second degree murder charge would mean 2 things -
#1 - he would most likely have been certified as an adult. If not
#2- it would show on a adult criminal record if convicted since he would be under supervision of the court until 18 or 21.

Since neither showed I think something else is afoot.

edit on 28-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Yea, information which the officer was completely unaware of during the incident is totally relevant to the incident...yea, that makes total sense...

*sarcasm*

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join