It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Michael Brown Allegedly Involved in Second Degree Murder Case

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Charles C. Johnson, the Editor-in-Chief of Got News and the investigator who debunked the Everytown shootings map, is suing the St. Louis County Court to release Ferguson shooting victim Michael Brown’s juvenile arrest records.

As relayed by the website YoungCons.com, Johnson claims that he has “confirmed” Michael Brown was arrested in a case involving second-degree murder:

As reported by Ryan Gorman of AOL News, the citizen journalist wants the alleged arrest records released to the public:

Breaking: Michael Brown Allegedly Involved in Second Degree Murder Case

Apparently this is just breaking, but it seems that there is so much more to this sad story to come to light.
From the article, it seems that juvenile crime records can be released upon the subject's death.

I am not taking a personal position on this potential new evidence other to present it for discussion here at ATS.
If this is actually true, I think we can all expect it to be potentially explosive when taken within the greater context of this case.

edit on 28-8-2014 by IAMTAT because: spacing

edit on Thu Aug 28 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: very long quote snipped IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I don't care about this mans past.

+27 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Because who cares about police brutality when there's a victim's character to be defamed?

Brown's juvenile record has absolutely nothing to do with what is happening in Ferguson. They're trying to make you feel like he deserved it and the cop who killed him was justified.

Gotta see through the bull#, folks.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

If it turns out to be true, it still won't matter to the protesters in Ferguson. Or that rapper Common. Or Spike Lee. Or Sharpton and Jackson.
Justice 4 Trayvon-I mean, Michael Brown!

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Since the officer did not know who he was when he stopped him, or even that he was suspected of stealing from the corner store.... this should have no bearing on that case IMO.

I highly doubt that it will even be allowed to be mentioned in any case involving his death.

If the officer was aware beforehand then it may have had some affect in his actions (being more nervous, safe, etc) but he did not and that makes me wonder why it was brought to light to begin with.

I am by no means one who thinks Brown was a harmless little boy, but trying to muddy the waters with character assassinations before any trial is a little dirty IMO. Ferguson is it's own event all together and only the events that day should be taken into consideration.
edit on 8/28/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

So since he is now dead its alright to slander him by painting him as guilty of murder? Why was he not charged? This is unsubstantied verbal diarhea, that stinks more than the real thing, it justifies absolutly nothing nor does it make me see him as anything else than a murder victim...

Wrongful death, thats still the real bottom line...

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish

That's too bad. His past is very important in determining what he was capable of.
Besides, I thought you were all about digging up old court records on people.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

As relayed by the website YoungCons.com, Johnson claims that he has “confirmed” Michael Brown was arrested in a case involving second-degree murder:

Ah Ha !!

And maybe the ghost of that crime's victim now has justice.

Hmmm.
Strange twist indeed.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I don't know if it will be allowed in court (if this exists). I think a lot will depend on the specific facts in the juvenile case.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
If true I hope the people in Ferguson pack up and go home.

Though I am sure they won't. They are to vested now.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
If true I hope the people in Ferguson pack up and go home.

Though I am sure they won't. They are to vested now.

I fully agree that they are too vested now. I think any decision made or any outcome to be had, will not satisfy most. It's turned into an "I'm Right" fight instead of a true fight for justice I think.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Hey if they packed up and moved to another local deserving of such attention I would support that. I seem to have seen several such cases posted here recently. Of course I am saying this assuming said story here will be shown true.

I don't know for certain I still say taking either stance right now is gambling. I will not go into the odds.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Many had similar thoughts when voting for president.

Choose your heroes and villains carefully.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Hey if they packed up and moved to another local deserving of such attention I would support that. I seem to have seen several such cases posted here recently. Of course I am saying this assuming said story here will be shown true.

I don't know for certain I still say taking either stance right now is gambling. I will not go into the odds.

I think that's probably the wisest decision. I am not siding with either or at this point in the game either. Information has been released in ways that seem meant to garner one reaction or another and I don't like it much. I think both likely share blame in this instance... at least more so than not if I had to judge right this minute. The whole thing was just a cluster you know what.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Since the officer did not know who he was when he stopped him, or even that he was suspected of stealing from the corner store.... this should have no bearing on that case IMO.

I highly doubt that it will even be allowed to be mentioned in any case involving his death.

If the officer was aware beforehand then it may have had some affect in his actions (being more nervous, safe, etc) but he did not and that makes me wonder why it was brought to light to begin with.

I am by no means one who thinks Brown was a harmless little boy, but trying to muddy the waters with character assassinations before any trial is a little dirty IMO. Ferguson is it's own event all together and only the events that day should be taken into consideration.

Because prior instances of violent behavior usually predict tendency for violence in the future?

Or in this case...the past.

I'd be just as worried about "character elevation" as "character assassinations".

Bringing up the past, if done truthfully so, is not negative or degrading. It's being honest.

Character elevation, on the other hand, is exaggerating or elevating the social status, moral standing or competence of an individual who deserves no such grace.

IMHO of course...

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This is some next level bull#.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This reminds me of orbital Blowout fracture

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Remember the whole adolescent brain thing?

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace

That's too bad. His past is very important in determining what he was capable of.
Besides, I thought you were all about digging up old court records on people.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

My problem is, that the officer was not aware of who Brown was... Let alone his prior record before any action was taken on his part. The officer's reactions that day were based on what occurred or didn't occur between him and Brown before he was killed. Introducing this in makes it seem like the officer knew about this and that's why he did what he did.

That's my point. Again... I have no side. I feel that Brown was a big guy and he was probably a bit of a bully, but I want justice done no matter which side that justice falls on. I don't want to muddy the waters on either side so that there is no question when the verdict comes down.

That's all.

ETA - That I hope you have not mistakenly thought I have elevated the officer or Brown in any thread that I have participated in on this forum. I do not know either one so neither are elevated IMO. They are people, just like me. One is deceased, the other is accused. I want the right thing to be done regardless of who it comes out in favor for.
edit on 8/28/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

Because prior instances of violent behavior usually predict tendency for violence in the future?

This is true. However, I'm not sure Browns Character should hold much weight in this case. Depending of course on how much is decided on Character Witnesses vs. Actual Evidence of what happened.

I'd be just as worried about "character elevation" as "character assassinations".

Bringing up the past, if done truthfully so, is not negative or degrading. It's being honest.

Character elevation, on the other hand, is exaggerating or elevating the social status, moral standing or competence of an individual who deserves no such grace.

IMHO of course...

Don't forget to include Character Assassination too....

Character Assassination, on the other hand, is exaggerating or reducing the social status, moral standing or competence of an individual who deserves no such unforgiveness.

Personally, I find it very telling of the Police Dept. to Leak such information. To me it shows how much integrity the PD has when it comes to "Withholding information while an Investigation is still ongoing." I guess that only goes for the information "they" don't want to make public. F*ck the other guy. Typical. Must always protect your brothers in Blue.

But since such Character Evaluation is being thrown out to the public for the world to sift through, I'd be curious to know some more about our LEO in this case too. Surely he isn't the Noble Soldier of the Street as the PD loves to put out there. But I wonder if any resources are being used on investigating him???

BTW, whether true or not, did anyone else check out that Young Conservative.com website?? Damn!! It's like a site ran by someone spawned from a Bill O'Riley & Sean Hannity Love Fest....(Yes, I said it. Yes, I put that image into your head. No, you can't un-imagine it now, it's too late.)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join