It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA: Dangerous sunspot aligning with Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Finally

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
One of the most important missions in HAARP, was to study the ionosphere and analyze how it reacted to solar activity.

The (IRI), a high-power radio frequency transmitter was used to temporarily excite a limited area of the Ionosphere. They were attempting to determine if they could reflect or alter the propagation of electromagnetic energy to shield the lower atmosphere and planet.

Since the project is shut down for now, I would assume they could not get the results they expected, or learned what would be needed to do it on a scale that would be required.

The real science of HAARP.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: netwarrior

If by game you mean the millions and millions who would run the stores dry then yes.

There is a VERY small population of people in the US who know anything about hunting.

Then there is field dressing, butchering, and preserving the meat, a skill all on its own.

In a situation like that most people would utterly starve.

Sad, isn't it? We humans got all 'modern' and forgot how to survive on this planet. All in the space of just a few generations. We're idiots.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Can someone easily verify this portion:

NASA and the National Science Foundation has estimated that if the U.S. sustained a direct hit from an X-class flare, it would cost the nation upward of $2 trillion in the first year and kill up to 90 percent of the U.S. population due to the lack of services, starvation and disease.

Has NASA and NSF really published those assessments before?

Holy crap!

Yes, but again, not as doom and gloomy. Don't forget the world experienced a huge solar flare in the 19th century and it was bad, but not the end of the world. (Although they relied less on electricity as they do now...)

science.nasa.gov...

A similar storm today could have a catastrophic effect. According to a study by the National Academy of Sciences, the total economic impact could exceed $2 trillion or 20 times greater than the costs of a Hurricane Katrina. Multi-ton transformers damaged by such a storm might take years to repair.

And for the link to the paper:

Severe space weather events.

I don't know where they get the "kill 90% of the US population due to lack of services"... As far as I know, even if all services were shut off I don't believe only 30 million people would make it out alive. There is probably that many living without modern conveniences already. I searched the report for keywords, "population", "death" and "kill" and there are no hits.

Population is related to news. Death is related to "valley of death" and kill is related to "skills". So you can turn down the fear-o-meter for this one.

edit on 29-8-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

It would be especially bad for diabetics in hot climates that require refrigeration for rDNA (GMO) insulin. Not to mention the others that require refrigerated medication. Then you have the possibility of shipping problems because of the possibility of many vehicles failing in the affected area(s). A lot of people could die these ways. Hopefully you live in an area that produces enough food to be able to stay alive if everything melts down!

I agree with you that it would probably not be 90%, but the deathtoll would stil be high.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

originally posted by: netwarrior

originally posted by: projectvxn
Well folks.

Learn to hunt.

Buy some hunting rifles, or decent bow with an assortment of arrows.

With so many people hunting the game supply would be severely depleted in a matter of weeks.

No prob. Then you start shooting at those shooting at you. That's the way it will be if things get really bad for one reason or another. It's a miserable fact of survival (life and death).

Why not just go to the nearest meat packing plant? plenty of meat on the hoof there.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: RodNasty
F***. I can't even afford food. 90 Percent of the US population will die of lack of resources and starvation? F***. F***. It's from nasa and beforehand this time. That's why I keep skeptic about it but F***. I'm not prepared.

I can imagine from the bombs Rod you, I and a lot of others
are not going to have enough stored up for the big zap...
and we'll have to live on love. There's a scary visual... at least as
well paired off as I am. Please don't tell her... I'm dead for sure.

EDIT:: And Boncho.. if you stopped back in, what about the power
grid and our old first generation reactors; that are tipsy when even
properly cooled off? If they go crit from the water pumps recirculating
chill water shutting down, aren't we kissin' it all over? I hate doom pron
when it's got traction from us and 'the authorities' are playing it down
with "JUST FINE".. two of my favorite paired up four letter words.
edit on 29-8-2014 by derfreebie because: Nukes and we're in hot water?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: InFriNiTee

It would be especially bad for diabetics in hot climates that require refrigeration for rDNA (GMO) insulin. Not to mention the others that require refrigerated medication. Then you have the possibility of shipping problems because of the possibility of many vehicles failing in the affected area(s). A lot of people could die these ways. Hopefully you live in an area that produces enough food to be able to stay alive if everything melts down!

I agree with you that it would probably not be 90%, but the deathtoll would stil be high.

There's only about 9% of the population that has diabetes. And probably a small portion of them would be at fatal risk if they couldn't get their insulin. Diabetes is something that can be controlled through diet and herbs and/or supplements which regulate blood sugar, only that most are too lazy or do not care to try these things.

Even before insulin, many people lived with the disease for a long time, it was just common thought that they'd lose a leg or an arm as they aged.

In any case, transportation would not be a huge issue, if the US had to go back to steam locomotive they would. Perhaps people forget the drive, will and ambition which built the country, and in a collapse that might actually be found again. Not entirely a bad thing. In the worst cases it seems the best always comes to light.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954
This could be really bad! I can't get the NASA link to work

A direct hit on Earth from an X-class flare could cause major disruptions, or even destruction, to the U.S. electrical grid, which already is very vulnerable, as well as to life-sustaining critical infrastructures dependent on the grid to function.

NASA said the warning regarding the sunspot, AR 2151, could last for weeks.

A direct hit on Earth from an X-class flare could cause major disruptions, or even destruction, to the U.S. electrical grid, which already is very vulnerable, as well as to life-sustaining critical infrastructures dependent on the grid to function.

www.wnd.com...

Phew for a moment there I thought the whole world would be affected but it looks like its just going to be the US. (Sarcasm mode OFF).
Because we ALL KNOW that the US is the ONLY country on the planet that's worth anything right?
edit on 29/8/14 by DataWraith because: Additional sarcasm

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
people are so easy to be scared those days. always maybe..

here are all information in one place about space weather....

eyes open, no fear, be save every one

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Thank you for doing the legwork on this.

I didn't get the 90% thing at all.
edit on 29-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Thanks for the heads up. C2C and George have been pushing to try to get the grid hardened but ... one of the guys he was talking to said the USA grid was so old it would require a major rework and investment which he did not see happening anytime soon. If not an X flare now, because we are lucky, then you have to wonder when the luck will run out ?

Here is a video which tells who is blocking in the Senate the house passed bill to harden the grid.. Guess who are some of the campaign donors for those in the senate who are doing the blocking ....

edit on 29-8-2014 by 727Sky because: which

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DataWraith

originally posted by: nighthawk1954
This could be really bad! I can't get the NASA link to work

www.wnd.com...

Phew for a moment there I thought the whole world would be affected but it looks like its just going to be the US. (Sarcasm mode OFF).
Because we ALL KNOW that the US is the ONLY country on the planet that's worth anything right?

Yeah, but for some reason the people in the US cry havoc and release the dogs of war every time it stubs it toe. Seriously? Other countries suffer through Ebola, invasion, occupation, total bank collapse, rocket attacks, mortar fire, bloody coups, caste system, sharia law, volcanoes, earthquakes, tsunamis, nuclear meltdowns, etc, etc. yet, the US gets a few little particles from the sun directed at it and GEE WHIZ, man the turrets boyz! Get into the shelters! BUY SOME GODDAMNED BREAD WE AINT GONN HAVE ANYMORE.

Hell, after the Fukushima disaster I thought the plant was located in the heart of America, you'd think by the response of some on YouTube, with their gieger counters and duct tape and iodine tablets.

Same with every other major news event, it's like its all happening state side. The one world government if anything is in the hearts and minds of some people in America since they truly believe the world revolves around them and they are the world government/citizen/flailing arm waver of grandiose proportions.

p.s. Just having fun.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Can someone easily verify this portion:

NASA and the National Science Foundation has estimated that if the U.S. sustained a direct hit from an X-class flare, it would cost the nation upward of $2 trillion in the first year and kill up to 90 percent of the U.S. population due to the lack of services, starvation and disease.

Has NASA and NSF really published those assessments before?

Holy crap!

Yes - every time there's a budget review.

It's the way the world works - scare people, they give you money to make them feel secure. ....Which is why we all need to learn how to research and conduct our own risk-benefit analyses.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If everyone switched to wireless power, there'd be no need for a grid. Problem solved.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
That 90% death rate comes from William Forstchen's book "one second after"

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Maybe in LA, NYC, and a lot of the larger cities. I cannot speak of those, as I have not lived there.

However, I have lived in the south my entire life, and the only thing keeping the wildlife from being annihilated NOW are game laws.

Even up in the north and on the west coast, people are going to learn how to hunt, they will turn raider, or they will die. There are no other choices for these people when the food trucks stop running and refrigeration has been down for a week. Hunting is not that difficult when you no longer have to observe anti-baiting laws.

Oh...just because they don't know how to process the game does not mean they won't harvest more when yesterday's dinner goes bad.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ZakOlongapo

heya fellow observer, finally someone with some sense

as a supplement to your post i would suggest people who dont understand this as much as they want to, to have a look at a playlist Suspicious0bservers has made

www.youtube.com...

when your finished with watching youll be much wiser

eyes open, no fear

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Even if this most recent scare turns out to be nothing...in the future, such may occur. Since there are so many highly populated areas compared to the last time this happened in what, the late 1800s? It would be bad. Not just diabetics would have to worry. ANY folks on major meds would have problems as without electric, production wouldn't be possible, On site supplies would run out quickly. Can you imagine all the millions of folks in this country on psych meds, SSRIs and for ADD and meds for BP and heart probs . Many, many would die within the first 2 weeks. Folks deprived of their Prozac and pain pills...[shudder]...don't even wanna go there...all those folks withdrawing. Yikes!

Plus, if most vehicles had burned out electronics...meds and food and such couldn't get delivered very well. Most old folks couldn't take lack of heat/AC. Folks that don't buy books anymore would go nutso without their electronic gadgets/games/tv. I hope it never happens. As someone here said, is sad we have become so dependent on technology in such a short time. Without it...wow...the sewage/garbage probs alone would be more then horrific. Disposing of the dead...just on and on...so, lets hope it NEVER happens. We are too dependent on our grid.
edit on 29-8-2014 by shrevegal because: error

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Hunting for food is a viable option for some. When hubby became 100% disabled and no benefits, I did the hunting and fishing and gardening to feed us. Women CAN do these kinds of things too. The main problem would be for elderly and disabled and sickly that couldn't take the rigors of going out in the wilds to do so. One would hope they would have neighbors and pals and family to do so for them but who knows. Would a lot of it turn out to be every man, (or woman) for themselves. Hope not.

Luckily, I can still hunt and fish and do gardens but hubby can not. It would be harder with my MS but not impossible yet.
I would hope if such a scenario ever occurs, that people would help others less able or fortunate. I know I would at least try to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join