It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I love about the pro-life logic...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator

Ask him how he feels about it?
But you can't right, because it isn't a sentient being.

Science says otherwise.

Case closed, neeeext.

Case closed? Alright people pack it up. theMediator on ATS has finally ended the age old abortion debate.

Oh yeah and, it's not your damn life.

It's also not the mother's. Its the baby's. And the baby needs someone to defend it. Sorry egg donors who want to abort the baby aren't going to.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator

originally posted by: smithjustinb
She can be told what she can or can't do with someone else's. (body)

Well no you can't...

What can't you understand?

I can't understand how a mother could want to kill her baby and how the government allows it despite the scientific conclusion that states that a baby becomes a human shortly after conception.

The whooooole rest of you life, you don't want to be controlled by no one and now you want to control someone elses life.

I want to prevent murder.

A fertilised egg is worth barely nothing, unless you have problems yourself, oh sorry.

Its sad you feel that way. It just goes to show the thoughtless approach to existence that comes with the liberal ideology.

You want guns, that your life.

Yeah. To defend myself from crazy murderers.

She is not ready for a baby, that's her life.

Its the baby's.

Not. Yours.

Not her's.

Hello?

Yeah?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
a reply to: windword

I swear I'm about to get banned. You need to stop calling all men sperm donors. Its highly offensive to those of us being railroaded by the biased chancery courts. There's a huge difference between a sperm donor and a man who would die protecting his kids.

Bonzies, You, of all people, should understand that there's more to being a partner, a parent and father than knocking a girl up.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

I can't understand how a mother could want to kill her baby

I hate to break it to you, but women are on birth control because they don't want to be mothers (maybe again). So you have no business being surprised when a woman who finds herself with an unwanted pregnancy, because of birth control failure, or a mistake, doesn't want it.

It was mentioned earlier, that quality birth control is 99% effective. If a couple is in a committed relationship and are having sex once a week, that's 55 times a year. At a failure rate of 1 in 100, that means that a healthy, fertile woman can expect a failure once every two years.

and how the government allows it despite the scientific conclusion that states that a baby becomes a human shortly after conception.

A woman's egg has always been human, but it will become a baby after nine months in the oven.

edit on 29-8-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

A woman's egg has always been human

It's a humans egg. But it is not a human. There is no distinction between "baby" and "human". The egg becomes a living human baby very shortly after the sperm hits the egg. That's a fact.

but it will become a baby after nine months in the oven.

That's just not true.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
How about you pro lifers actually do something about the kids who are alive now and need help?.
You know all the kids in homes and such just waiting to be adopted.
Until their are no more unwanted kids in the world Shhhhhhh.
Hypocrites.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
How about you pro lifers actually do something about the kids who are alive now and need help?.

Hypocrites.

I paid over $15000 in taxes last year. Close to 19% of that went to job and family security which helps house and put food on the table for children growing up in poverty. That's about $2850. 0.62% of the $15000 I paid in taxes went directly to "child care, foster care, and adoption support". That's close to $100.

One who is a defender of life and not charitable is morally superior to one who is neither a defender of life nor charitable. So, are you doing something about the kids? Or are you the hypocrite?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

The egg becomes a living human baby very shortly after the sperm hits the egg.

If by "shortly" you mean nine months, then I agree,

Otherwise, no, an embryo is NOT a baby. But we're just arguing semantics, not legalese or medical nomenclature.

edit on 30-8-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

It doesn't matter what you think. The science is not subject to your beliefs and baby killing bias.

bdfund.org...
edit on 30-8-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

If science were on your side, then abortion, as well as most contraception, would be illegal.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

If science were on your side, then abortion, as well as most contraception, would be illegal.

Politics doesn't care about science. It only cares about votes. Voters are emotional and not always scientific.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Abortion isn't about popularity. Abortion is a protected right. This is an issue that's been declared a constitutional right by the Supreme Court of The United States. Rights aren't dictated by public opinion.

edit on 30-8-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Abortion isn't about popularity. Abortion is a protected right. This is an issue that's been declared a constitutional right by the Supreme Court of The United States.

The supreme court is a panel of judges who vote.

Rights aren't dictated by public opinion.

Rights determined by law are.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Actually I have just started the ball rolling to adopt a child.

Let me ask you a few questions.

1) Do you want abortion illegal?.
2) If yes what are you going to do to make sure women do not goto a back street abortionist?.
3) How are you going to force a woman to carry a child she does not want?.
4) what punishment should the women have If they get an abortion.
5) Where is all the money going to come from to look after all the kids who are given up after you have forced women to carry a child they can not look after?.

Oh and good for you paying taxes which go towards looking after kids......we all do that.
edit on 31-8-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Just when I thought they couldn't be lower in the intelligence spectrum, this thread is really lowering my esteem for the conservative mentality.

People wanting to save unwanted babies yet wouldn't spare a dime to help poor families is making my brain burning because it can't find any logical connections whatsoever. I'm trying to understand it but no, it's just absurd.

Oh and on top of that, conservative that usually don't want any laws that could limit their choices but want laws to remove the choice for other people but only regarding unborn children that they will never take care of and give an once of energy.

Absurd, illogical, primitive and retarded.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join