It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Can Draw Energy From Other People The Same Way Plants Do

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
I was going to comment on how to counteract these types, but I see the article touched on it.

Grounding/earthing is something I've only recently begun playing with. The results are almost instantly noticeable.

For instance, I don't really enjoy pulling weeds in my yard and I've been half-assing it over the last month or so. Yesterday, I took off my boots and did it barefoot, most productive sitting I've had.

If you feel somebody sapping you, make sure and take your shoes off. If you are in dirt they really can't drain you. Your energy is piping straight from the earth and you likely won't feel a thing.

Even if you don't believe in this stuff, please try to just kick your shoes off and feel the dirt. You will feel better.

Boba

makes a lot of sense to go straight to the source....who's bright idea was it anyways to make rubber soled shoes ?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735

nice to see this info coming out.....i remember reading "the secret life of plants" some 20 odd years ago and questioning these kind of occurrences...as described in the OP ways of avoiding energy thieves i must have subconsciously worked out ways to avoid having my energy sucked away by certain people in my life

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

i agree that resisting only makes it harder.
i find that labelling them 'vampires' only give them authority above the 'victims'.
imho, being neutral (centralized, 'empty') and less (or non) judgmental is the best. simply remind ourselves that these are impermanent sensations, and whatever thoughts, feelings or energies that visit us will leave, either positive or negative.

peace
edit on 30-8-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
How about any tips on "curing" said vampires? Sometimes you want to help a friend or a loved one that you've seen on a downward spiral, but most advice I see on this issue is to either just stay away or just clear yourself afterwards....

Maybe there are some non-destructive practices they themselves can work on to change their energy-sucking ways?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
My kids are always running around and full of energy and i have 0, me and my partner always talk about being able to drain their energy and get it back too us because we are sure they were stealing ours haha maybe we were on too something there!!

This is cool im going too look in too this! Thanks for posting.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
It's interesting how many people on this site actually believe this. There's just no need for the belief. If you go over the OP in a rational way, you'll see that people are territorial, tribal, and in need of believing bizarre things because they can't accep that they're sensitive, and overall a bit weak.

We're predators. People get in our territory, look at us the wrong way, try to bring us down to feel better about their miserable existences. No need for woowoo. No need for "grounding" beliefs. Just be strong headed, and tell them to buzz off, ignore them, walk off yourself. Doesn't matter, only that you don't allow someone to continue to suck out your sense of security.

Yes I find that the biggest energy losses come when we try to get along or accommodate life suckers in hopes that good mutual feelings will ensue and things will get better, a healthier relationship will develop. And yet this in the end only makes it easer for yourself to be psychologically manipulated by this type. The deeper you go in with them the deeper the energy loss.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: dodol

i agree that resisting only makes it harder.
i find that labelling them 'vampires' only give them authority above the 'victims'.
imho, being neutral (centralized, 'empty') and less (or non) judgmental is the best. simply remind ourselves that these are impermanent sensations, and whatever thoughts, feelings or energies that visit us will leave, either positive or negative.

peace

Yea they go into full attack mode unless you relent and make yourself available as a host for the life sucking parasite.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Can other people's energy affect your own karma (on this realm)?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I float above.

Whenever I feel challenged or drawn into negative energy, I release the "physical grounding" and float above it. My "energy being" floats up and above the negativity.

Energy vampires seem to be attached to the physical in my experiences. It seems to come from insecurities and fear. IMO

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: greyer

That's an interesting question. I hadn't thought of that, and right now I don't know the answer because I haven't had my coffee yet.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I am very energy sensitive.

Didn't even realize just how much until I moved on to 2 acres in the middle of the Sonora desert.

I don't think anything can affect your own energy (karma) unless you let it.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
I was going to comment on how to counteract these types, but I see the article touched on it.

Grounding/earthing is something I've only recently begun playing with. The results are almost instantly noticeable.

For instance, I don't really enjoy pulling weeds in my yard and I've been half-assing it over the last month or so. Yesterday, I took off my boots and did it barefoot, most productive sitting I've had.

If you feel somebody sapping you, make sure and take your shoes off. If you are in dirt they really can't drain you. Your energy is piping straight from the earth and you likely won't feel a thing.

Even if you don't believe in this stuff, please try to just kick your shoes off and feel the dirt. You will feel better.

Boba

For years, this has been my go-to solution for most of my problems. I've noticed that when I am barefoot, either on concrete, grass or dirt, I instantly feel better. And during a big storm, it feels almost other-worldly.

Also, when I used to play in a band, I never wore shoes or socks on stage. The few times I did, things felt off.
I know it's anecdotal but it's my experience.

(post by Power_Semi removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Didn't even realize just how much until I moved on to 2 acres in the middle of the Sonora desert.

Let it? I thought karma was a force that we had no control over (once the action is already in place). I think you are talking about emotions.
edit on 7Sun, 31 Aug 2014 19:44:12 -0500America/Chicago14America/ChicagoSun, 31 Aug 2014 19:44:12 -0500 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I believe that is true. I also believe that we can stop someone from stealing our energy and that we can actually give our energy to those who need it if we want.

You can if you can perfectly suppress your emotions or if you are a Vulcan or a Cardassian.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Let it? I thought karma was a force that we had no control over (once the action is already in place). I think you are talking about emotions.

No, I am talking about energy ---- since I believe everything is energy. Not physical, but your energy "being".

I don't think anything can affect your own "energy being" unless you allow it. If you keep your "energy being" in positive energy, it is more powerful then negative.

Karma has nothing to do with it. And what exactly is karma? That's a thread of its own.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
No one is sucking energy from anyone else, it is only that greater energy is expended in having to deal with them. The only parasite to you as a host is yourself, and only you can draw energy from you. Blaming others for something they simply do not do is dishonest.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I sometimes wonder about this whole energy transfer thing. I remember one time I felt hungry, tired and very drained and I did not know why. At Burger King I touched the cashiers hand and could have sworn I felt better before even eating. Suddenly she walked away dizzy and when attempting to come back fell and had to be helped. Back in the car my mother suddenly felt sick and nauseous. I felt 100 percent better. However the last 2 people near me were not. When I told this incident to someone else, they instantly thought I was an energy vampire.

However I do not believe that is a good phrase. I often see energy flare ups in people around me and sometimes even the weather. I've seen more storms flare up than die down. I have to admit many of the things I see are one time incidents. I've only seen a dust devil form around me one time. I guess that could mean it's all in the imagination or I have some invisible powerful entity tagging along with me. That could explain why I sometimes see images or flashes of shadows of people walking around in the corner of my eyes.

The weirdest thing I saw was a heavy lobby door opening wide for me. I had an invisible door man helping me. One time didn't make it spooky. It happened 3 times and even happened back in another building. The second and third times were spooky. I wondered if the wind did it the first time and I just had a lucky coincidence.

Do I have a powerful energy field? A powerful entity tagging along with me? I don't know. I believe energy can flow both ways. You can drain others or be the life of the party and fun to be around.

As far as I know all living things obtain energy from their environment one way or another. A nearby star is often the biggest source of energy. Both plants and animals use the abundant energy. Our skin uses sunlight to create vitamin D and plants use sunlight to obtain energy. Are there other unknown energy transfers? Good question.
edit on 1/9/14 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Join us at ATS Live Radio

CirqueDeTruth

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Interesting article I just came across:

omtimes.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join