It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UNSC emergency meeting on Ukraine LIVE

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

iceland???

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

According to reporters and citizens in Russia the military hospitals are full of wounded and soldiers are being buried in secret. If you try to investigate these burials you are threatened and attacked. The families of the deceased are either not being told how their loved one died or are told that they can't tell anyone because it's classified. Once again these are stories being reported from inside Russia. Not Reuters or HuffPo. How do you explain these stories? Is the Russian military so incompetent that hundreds are being injured and dozens killed during training exercises? Or is their military performing clandestine operations somewhere in the world?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Dear Nikola014,

Thank you very much. Your post is proof to me that I have reached a new high in quality posting. I'm starting to draw personal attention from the real players? Well, let me bask in that for a moment. The Russian voice is different from the Islamic voice, Atheist voice, or feminist voice. It's very good. (Although you shouldn't have used "BS" twice. It indicates a lack of originality and doesn't result in extra crdibility.)

You want proof that Russian troops entered the Ukraine? You didn't listen to Putin's 4 hour televised call-in show in April of this year?

Russian President Vladimir Putin said Thursday that Russian forces had been deployed to Crimea last month to support local defense teams, the first time he has admitted such involvement by Russia.

Putin had repeatedly denied sending any forces to Crimea ahead of the March referendum there that eventually led to the region's annexation by Russia. Putin said the troops were deployed to protect Russian-speaking citizens in Crimea.

"Of course we had our servicemen behind the self-defense units of Crimea," Putin said during an annual televised call-in with the nation on Thursday. "We had to make sure what is happening now in eastern Ukraine didn't happen there."

In March, Putin's repeated denials of troop deployments in Crimea dumbfounded U.S. officials. When told at a press conference Putin had again denied the charges, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry couldn't believe it, asking, "He really denied there were troops in Crimea?"

www.businessinsider.com...

Or;

For the first time, Putin acknowledged that the well-armed soldiers in unmarked uniforms who took over Ukraine's Crimean Peninsula were Russian. He seemed annoyed, however, by the widespread description of them as "little green men" and asked people to avoid the term. He said the troops — who he claimed acted "politely, but resolutely and professionally" — were needed to lay the ground for the referendum that led to Crimea joining Russia. Putin said the annexation of Crimea was necessary to counter what he said was NATO's intention to make Ukraine a member.

_www.huffingtonpost.com...

But perhaps you are referring to another Russian invasion of Ukraine?

But Putin’s persistent denials of Russian involvement have started to crack, eroded by a growing body of proof that Russian soldiers are in fact fighting and dying in eastern Ukraine. The inevitable result of that escalation has been a growing Russian casualty count, and the funerals and panicked relatives of Russian soldiers have been hard to sweep under the rug.

The first crack . . . came on Monday morning, when the Ukrainian security services released images of nine Russian paratroopers who had been captured on the Ukrainian side of the border. In the video statement of Pochtoeva’s son, Yegor Pochtoev, he appeals to his parents directly. “Mom, dad, everything is fine. I have enough to eat and drink,” he says. “But the Russian Ministry of Defense is denying that we are their servicemen, that we have come from Russia.” He asks his parents to help prove that they are Russian soldiers.

When the deputy commander of the base arrived, he told the families that the soldiers in the videos had indeed been taken prisoner in Ukraine, Khokhlova says. But they were apparently the lucky ones. “They told us that two others from their group had been killed and some wounded,” she says, recounting the words of the officer who met with the families. “The wounded were taken back across the border to a hospital in [the Russian city of] Rostov.”

. . . any mention of the Russian servicemen who have apparently been coming home in bags. Those incidents have become so frequent that even the Kremlin’s own human rights council, appealed to Russia’s military authorities on Tuesday to investigate the mysterious deaths of nine Russian servicemen “not far from the Rostov region,” which borders Ukraine. All of them were contractors from the 18th motorized infantry brigade, mostly natives of the region of Dagestan, and were killed in unexplained circumstances in early August, according to the Kremlin rights council.

The clearest evidence to support her claim emerged on Monday from the region of Pskov, where the bodies of several Russian paratroopers were buried on Monday. Lev Shlosberg, a lawmaker in the regional parliament, tells TIME that the funerals were held in total secret and that family members had been warned not to discuss the deaths with anyone. “What’s the goal? The goal is to prevent society from learning the scale of the losses and considering the costs of this war,” Shlosberg says, claiming that the soldiers had been killed in battle in eastern Ukraine.

. . .numerous reports of Russian casualties have begun to emerge. TV Rain, which narrowly avoided the state’s attempt to take it off the air earlier this year, has been airing marathon coverage of the funerals in Pskov and the fates of the paratroopers buried there.

“This sounds to me like a joke,” says Lidiya Sviridova, the head of the Committee of Soldiers’ Mothers in the region of Saratov The families of numerous servicemen have gotten in touch with her asking for help in finding missing Russian soldiers, she tells TIME by phone from Saratov on Wednesday. “They could not all have gotten lost.”

Though the Kremlin controls nearly all mass media in Russia, it has little sway over the online press, where the reports of Russian soldiers dying in Ukraine have become the hottest topic of debate. Civil society groups like the Committee for Soldiers’ Mothers are also refusing to keep mum. “The silence in the official media is deafening,” says Shlosberg, the lawmaker in Pskov. “Everybody here knows what’s going on. Everybody is talking about it.”

Everybody, it seems, except for Putin.

time.com...

edit on 28-8-2014 by charles1952 because: try to shorten quote

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

These are the same images and quality from digital globe that lied about the WMDs in Iraq

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: rigel4

You still going on about that alleged invasion?

What happened this time, did another pair of BBC reporters saw thousands of russian tanks and soldiers but they too forgot their cameras, or what is it this time?

And didn't US brought their "democracy" into so many countries, why can't Russia do the same?

How about the initial invasion into Crimea, which was invading Ukraine, and Putin admits it.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

How about the troops Ukraine captured inside Eastern Ukraine?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952

Dear Nikola014,

Thank you very much. Your post is proof to me that I have reached a new high in quality posting. I'm starting to draw personal attention from the real players? Well, let me bask in that for a moment. The Russian voice is different from the Islamic voice, Atheist voice, or feminist voice. It's very good. (Although you shouldn't have used "BS" twice. It indicates a lack of originality and doesn't result in extra crdibility.)

You want proof that Russian troops entered the Ukraine? You didn't listen to Putin's 4 hour televised call-in show in April of this year?

Russian President Vladimir Putin said Thursday that Russian forces had been deployed to Crimea last month to support local defense teams, the first time he has admitted such involvement by Russia.

Putin had repeatedly denied sending any forces to Crimea ahead of the March referendum there that eventually led to the region's annexation by Russia. Putin said the troops were deployed to protect Russian-speaking citizens in Crimea.

"Of course we had our servicemen behind the self-defense units of Crimea," Putin said during an annual televised call-in with the nation on Thursday. "We had to make sure what is happening now in eastern Ukraine didn't happen there."

In March, Putin's repeated denials of troop deployments in Crimea dumbfounded U.S. officials. When told at a press conference Putin had again denied the charges, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry couldn't believe it, asking, "He really denied there were troops in Crimea?"

www.businessinsider.com...

Or;

For the first time, Putin acknowledged that the well-armed soldiers in unmarked uniforms who took over Ukraine's Crimean Peninsula were Russian. He seemed annoyed, however, by the widespread description of them as "little green men" and asked people to avoid the term. He said the troops — who he claimed acted "politely, but resolutely and professionally" — were needed to lay the ground for the referendum that led to Crimea joining Russia. Putin said the annexation of Crimea was necessary to counter what he said was NATO's intention to make Ukraine a member.

_www.huffingtonpost.com...

But perhaps you are referring to another Russian invasion of Ukraine?

But Putin’s persistent denials of Russian involvement have started to crack, eroded by a growing body of proof that Russian soldiers are in fact fighting and dying in eastern Ukraine. The inevitable result of that escalation has been a growing Russian casualty count, and the funerals and panicked relatives of Russian soldiers have been hard to sweep under the rug.

The first crack . . . came on Monday morning, when the Ukrainian security services released images of nine Russian paratroopers who had been captured on the Ukrainian side of the border. In the video statement of Pochtoeva’s son, Yegor Pochtoev, he appeals to his parents directly. “Mom, dad, everything is fine. I have enough to eat and drink,” he says. “But the Russian Ministry of Defense is denying that we are their servicemen, that we have come from Russia.” He asks his parents to help prove that they are Russian soldiers.

When the deputy commander of the base arrived, he told the families that the soldiers in the videos had indeed been taken prisoner in Ukraine, Khokhlova says. But they were apparently the lucky ones. “They told us that two others from their group had been killed and some wounded,” she says, recounting the words of the officer who met with the families. “The wounded were taken back across the border to a hospital in [the Russian city of] Rostov.”

. . . any mention of the Russian servicemen who have apparently been coming home in bags. Those incidents have become so frequent that even the Kremlin’s own human rights council, appealed to Russia’s military authorities on Tuesday to investigate the mysterious deaths of nine Russian servicemen “not far from the Rostov region,” which borders Ukraine. All of them were contractors from the 18th motorized infantry brigade, mostly natives of the region of Dagestan, and were killed in unexplained circumstances in early August, according to the Kremlin rights council.

The clearest evidence to support her claim emerged on Monday from the region of Pskov, where the bodies of several Russian paratroopers were buried on Monday. Lev Shlosberg, a lawmaker in the regional parliament, tells TIME that the funerals were held in total secret and that family members had been warned not to discuss the deaths with anyone. “What’s the goal? The goal is to prevent society from learning the scale of the losses and considering the costs of this war,” Shlosberg says, claiming that the soldiers had been killed in battle in eastern Ukraine.

. . .numerous reports of Russian casualties have begun to emerge. TV Rain, which narrowly avoided the state’s attempt to take it off the air earlier this year, has been airing marathon coverage of the funerals in Pskov and the fates of the paratroopers buried there.

“This sounds to me like a joke,” says Lidiya Sviridova, the head of the Committee of Soldiers’ Mothers in the region of Saratov The families of numerous servicemen have gotten in touch with her asking for help in finding missing Russian soldiers, she tells TIME by phone from Saratov on Wednesday. “They could not all have gotten lost.”

Though the Kremlin controls nearly all mass media in Russia, it has little sway over the online press, where the reports of Russian soldiers dying in Ukraine have become the hottest topic of debate. Civil society groups like the Committee for Soldiers’ Mothers are also refusing to keep mum. “The silence in the official media is deafening,” says Shlosberg, the lawmaker in Pskov. “Everybody here knows what’s going on. Everybody is talking about it.”

Everybody, it seems, except for Putin.

time.com...

I applaud your effort. I don't think any amount of proof will work unless Putin admits it, in which all the people denying it today because Putin would never do such a terrible thing, will switch to it was the right thing to do and good thing Putin did it.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

What happened this time, did another pair of BBC reporters saw thousands of russian tanks and soldiers but they too forgot their cameras, or what is it this time?

And didn't US brought their "democracy" into so many countries, why can't Russia do the same?

How about the initial invasion into Crimea, which was invading Ukraine, and Putin admits it.

That reminds me.

-Putin Admits invasion into Crimea.
-Hamas Admits on kidnapping three Israeli teens.

See where that goes?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

That reminds me.

See where that goes?

Yes, into you simply being unable to accept proven facts because of your warped view of the world.
Or is RT.com more Western Media Propaganda?

Russian President Vladimir Putin has acknowledged that Russian troops were present in Crimea before the referendum

rt.com...

Enjoy being wrong.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

Never miss a chance to compare the conflict in Ukraine to the ME do you?

Well at least your comparing him to another group that thinks they can do as they please without any recourse...Keep up the good work.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

You're welcome mate, I'm glad i could help you see just how fed you are with complete BS from your unbiased independent media.

Why are you posting links to something that has happened almost five months ago? Are you trying to mislead people here on purpose or what? But, if you were bothered to post something that has nothing to do with the current accusations, why didn't you also post that those Russian troops retreated long ago?

Again, what are those links you give us as a proof? I see no evidence yet again. They are just reporting the Kiev's accusations.

Plus, you didn't answer any of my questions.

First, what are the locals doing? Don't you think we would have a thousands of pictures/videos of these phantom army? How come we don't have not one?

Second, does Ukraine have border police? Don't you think that at the times like this, they would sent reinforcement there so they are sure Russia wouldn't sent any troops, or at least so that they are able to notice it?

And look at the timing of the Kiev's accusations. Right before the NATO summit. God, I wonder what is NATO going to do. Wait, we already know that, don't we? Some people here including me have been saying it since the beginning of this conflict. They will set up a base in Eastern Ukraine, right in front of Russia. How shocking, isn't?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Dear Nikola014,

Why are you posting links to something that has happened almost five months ago? Are you trying to mislead people here on purpose or what?

Why am I posting those links? Because you asked me to.

First of all, give me proof that Russian troops ever entered Ukraine.

OK, now you've got proof. Putin's admission counts as proof, doesn't it?

As far as reporting Kiev's accusations about current invasions, you really should have read my links, or at least my snippets. RAIN TV is Russian. The Mother's Committee is Russian. The Russian Human Rights Commission is reporting unusual numbers of dead and wounded Russian soldiers in that sector, Russian admitted the captured soldiers were Russian, and on and on.

But, if you were bothered to post something that has nothing to do with the current accusations, why didn't you also post that those Russian troops retreated long ago?

Again, what are those links you give us as a proof? I see no evidence yet again. They are just reporting the Kiev's accusations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join