It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UNSC emergency meeting on Ukraine LIVE

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
UNSC emergency meeting on Ukraine

Just a heads up, here's a live feed. An announcement is expected any minute

Link Update!

rt.com...
edit on 28-8-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

I miss out on a lot of good things, I suppose, by being cynical.

Russia is a permanent member of the Security Council and can veto any action. So there will be no decision that Russia doesn't want.

Second, RT would not be covering it live if there was a chance for Russian embarrassment. I suspect the meeting results, at least from the Russian side, have been scripted.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Russia Russian Federation

Resurve Military..

2,000,000 ,,,,

Mr. Putin could order his reserve military, too go on vacation,,in

Things to do in Luhansk

University of Luhansk for instance,,,

unarmed of course,,completely unarmed.

www.tripadvisor.ca...

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

damn Britian said they could not go on holiday there either,, oh well,,,

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
As a Candian i am familiar with Seperatist Movements within a Country, influenced by an outside Force.

Quebec. 1960's,,,
Charles DeGualle,,," Vivla Quebec Libre!"
and thus seperatism was born.

it was close,

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Ukraine supports a nEW WORLD ORDER???,, thats what he said,,, honest.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
wow Russian Amb. comparing Cuba ,,,and Castro,,ie Insurgents,,too the Seperatists,,,same fervour,,,well it worked cause Castro was a 60's icon,,,
dont see it here.

but he did have a very good point about the AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL TAPES....
edit on 8/28/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

Novoazovsk

seems some one now has a Port City,, good tactics.
Kiev have a Navy?

or is the Black Sea now a part of the North Atlantic now??

actually Kerch Straight would be the more important area for obvious reasons.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Bottom line........Russia fighting with Russia (oops Ukraine)......
Bit like Texas fighting with a n other group of States......

Is NATO going to act and protect Ukraine..?

No.... I doubt it and therefore another bunch of disillusion kids are born hating the West.....

PDUK

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

en.itar-tass.com...

Russia should start building Kerch strait bridge in 2014 — deputy PM
Russia
July 31, 18:04 UTC+4
Rosavtodor, the state-run road builder that is managing the project, has proposed constructing two road-rail bridges across Tuzla, a sandy island located in the middle of the Kerch Strait

some one been quite the busy beaver

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

Maybe if the west would just stop interfering in other nation business aka stop bombing any nation that doesn't do what the west says, maybe not so many people would hate them...Just a thought. Oh, no, wait. It's not just a thought. It's a personal experience.
edit on 414k2014Thursdaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Ok... and let Russia invade who ever they please..
Screw that...

Ukraine will not fall to Russia
/

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

You still going on about that alleged invasion?

What happened this time, did another pair of BBC reporters saw thousands of russian tanks and soldiers but they too forgot their cameras, or what is it this time?

And didn't US brought their "democracy" into so many countries, why can't Russia do the same?
edit on 439k2014Thursdaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

You may not be completely understanding Nikola014's position. It seems he is saying that sending Russian troops into Ukraine to start and control an independence movement, is not interfering in other nation's business.

What Russia did, and is doing, is to reassert the proper socio-historico-economic balance by saving the peasants and proletariat from their capitalist running dog masters, and returning them, and their land, to their proper roles as described in various theories of Marxism-Leninism.

As they, and other nations in the area that is still considered Soviet Russia by all right-thinking citizens of the world, will discover, they will be much more fulfilled in the Worker's Paradise which a newly arisen Soviet Empire can create.

Just imagine! The majesty, wealth, and freedom of the Empire of the Russias can be recreated for the good of all mankind if only the greedy, capitalist, wage slave holding, nations of the West would not interfere in other nation's business.

If Hillary runs, I hope that the photo of her presentation of the "Reset" button to Foreign Minister Lavrov is featured daily until her popularity drops to 11% and she leaves the country.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

With all due respect, your post is just a bunch of complete BS.

First of all, give me proof that Russian troops ever entered Ukraine. I don't want CNN, BBC non-pictures links, I am sure that an army of thousand people + vehicles could not pass unnoticed. So, where are the pictures? Where are the videos? What are the locals doing? Don't Ukraine has border police? What on Earth are they doing? Accusations that Russia sent troops into Ukraine are just ridiculous and i honestly cannot believe that anyone is buying it.

And the rest of your post just doesn't make any sense and is just a complete BS without any facts. It just clearly shows how washed up your brain is during the propaganda you were exposed by your unbiased indepdendent newspapers during the first Cold War. You sure ATS is the right place for you?

edit on 452k2014Thursdaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

It truly is amazing how EVERY article claiming ANOTHER so called 'Russian Invasion' present nothing but pictures of Ukrainian convoys amd troops with tiny captions if any pictures are presented at all ; - is it not?

And the brainwashed masses including those at ATS just lap it up over and over again..

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: charles1952

With all due respect, your post is just a bunch of complete BS.

First of all, give me proof that Russian troops ever entered Ukraine. I don't want CNN, BBC non-pictures links, I am sure that an army of thousand people + vehicles could not pass unnoticed. So, where are the pictures? Where are the videos? What are the locals doing? Don't Ukraine has border police? What on Earth are they doing? Accusations that Russia sent troops into Ukraine are just ridiculous and i honestly cannot believe that anyone is buying it.

Who needs proof ?

Germans eat French babies + Frenchmen bayonet German virgins = World War One . Proof ? Who needs it ...

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

But But ...

At a press conference on Thursday, August 28, Dutch Brig. Gen. Nico Tak, a senior NATO commander, revealed satellite images of what NATO says are Russian combat forces engaged in military operations in or near Ukrainian territory. NATO said this image shows Russian self-propelled artillery units set up in firing positions near Krasnodon, in eastern Ukraine.

NATO: Images show Russian forces in Ukraine

But But ......

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
So...you have the exact coordinates of that image?

They also have towed artillery mis-labelled as 'self propelled'.

That is just image one.

Image two...deployment and training area...INSIDE Russia...lol.

Image three...neat how the orientation is completely different than the others...on the plus side, at least these actually look like self propelled artillery!

Image four...Russian equipment on Russian property...terrifying! There is far more US equipment far closer to Canada...should I be alarmed?

Image five...hey look, it's the white truck convoy again...and the orientation is changed again...

NATO's propaganda is terrible...they should ask Putin for advice, as even Russia's is better.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join