It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS: Episode 0.1: Mainstream Media, Cyber Security, Pedophiles, and more...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I can see improvement from the last one and that's excellent! I'm still excited for the first big show as well. You appear more comfortable, which makes us feel more comfortable watching you do your thing.

I still like the grit, and the edge that's portrayed and the fact that it's not some fake plasticky Shep Smith up there reading prose to the masses.

Keep up the good work guys!!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish

Don't give in to conformity. Don't allow your words to be chosen for you. Unless you are marketing to the PG crowd then you have no need.

Ah, but don't you understand? Using rude, vulgar and crude language is conforming, and conforming to the lowest common denominator. Creative, imaginative language isn't allowing "language to be chosen" while profanity is just repetitive and common as dirt.
I know that I'm older than Adam's cat but the fact remains that if you want your message heard and repeated in the general, civil population, a creative approach will get you more attention than the same-old, same-old profanity spewing that junior high students find humorous.
One of the best instructors I ever had in my field schools (held in a public venue so language was important since a lot of school children passed through) was a former Marine drill instructor who could get his point across with some of the craziest language ever heard and yet never a profane word issued from his lips. If he could discipline his tongue in a public, civil setting, I have no doubt that the presenters in this forum can write a script that is effective without being offensive.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Seems as if I have heard this narrative before…:

I suspect even now, orders are being shouted into telephones, and men with guns will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to...
(Insert applicable)

The weak can only run from evil and evil is not defeated by running from it….

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

For our next episode I'll tone down the profanity.

Good decision. I like your style and you make me laugh at times but the bleeping is a problem. You guys do what you wish but you should either curse all the way without bleeps or just don't. I would assume that those videos are aimed at a younger generation than I am and the cursing is part of their everyday lives so I don't see why it would be a problem.

Just my opinion. Keep up the good work, I enjoyed this second episode a bit more than the first one.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SonoftheSun

I don't think it's just the older crowd that doesn't feel the need for the profanity. I'm a young(ish) man and I don't feel it's needed either.

While I do respect the well-inserted curse word, and feel there are times it is needed to express an emotion beyond the scope of the regular vocabulary, I have a deeper respect for a commentator that can drive home a point with decent language and cold, hard facts. Though I will say that I think the word bull# is needed here, as it is the premise of the show.

Anyway, out of all the projects I've seen come out of ATS this looks the most appealing and promising.
edit on 8/28/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

That was truly awesome.

2:45 is an epic moment in web videos.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: theNLBS
a reply to: LarryLove

Well, Tony Abbott is currently on my radar

he would have to score a near perfect 100 on the bs meter

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Much better than the first episode.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I think it is fantastic what you are doing here! There is a never ending amount of NLBS so I see you having quite the successful show here!

As far as those who are complaining about swearing, I would disregard that. If you are going to be tuning into a show call Next Level Bullsh*t, you may as well assume to be in for some swears. Also the topics that are being discussed, considering their absurdity deserve the emphasis cuss words can relay.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonoftheSun

For our next episode I'll tone down the profanity.

Good decision. I like your style and you make me laugh at times but the bleeping is a problem. You guys do what you wish but you should either curse all the way without bleeps or just don't. I would assume that those videos are aimed at a younger generation than I am and the cursing is part of their everyday lives so I don't see why it would be a problem.

Just my opinion. Keep up the good work, I enjoyed this second episode a bit more than the first one.

I also agree; delete the bleeps however I do not think that limiting the emotional content of your work should be considered an option. In my opinion, it is this movement of P.C. that is a major part of keeping people as sheeple. If someone does not want to listen, so be it. Anyone logical should understand that it is the content AND the emotions that go with the outrage and anger regarding these matters that not only are allowed to exist but also flourish that is important.

I understand and respect that my vocabulary should be tempered verbally (to a certain extent) however in an adult written format, I say freedom of speech even if I do not like it. (Please note that freedom of speech works both ways and does not mean that I do not think some people are #heads for their myopic views.)

edit on 28-8-2014 by notmyrealname because: semi-colonitis

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

LOl. Good times! I watched the show and enjoyed it. There's a bit of a contradiction because for some reason I feel I can't swear on ATS, then this show. But I gotta tell you, there's something about the duality of really intelligent well researched content, with the basic dude telling the BSer's to go F--- themselves that really speaks to a good spirit of the times. And also ATS as well: You have these folks that present themselves as really basic, as really down to earth, but have insights some of the smartest people don't have. I love that duality, it reminds us that anything is possible from people. Insofar as this show is speaking to that duality, brains and basic truth telling - its doing a seriously good job and I think has a future.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The swearing kinda goes with. It illustrates the message. "I'm mad and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"
Agreed at 2:45.

Nice job!

edit on 29-8-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Great second episode. Your timing and flow was better this time. It comes through that you are getting more comfortable being in front of the camera. I still had slight audio issues. With some stuff being to loud and some stuff being to low. It was better than last time though. And for all I know it might be on my end. I liked that is was a little longer this time. I personally think you should be aiming for around 15 minutes an episode. Maybe two in depth pieces and then rapid fire pieces. That is just my opinion though. I understand why you want to go under ten minutes. This is the ADD sound bite generation after all.

I think you should not listen to all the old fuddy duddys lol....
. When it comes to the swearing. The truth of the matter is. The people on this site should not be your targeted demographic. We will be your initial audience and this is a good spot to test out the format. But we do not really need this as much as the Facebook and Twitter loving mainstream youth need it. I get what everyone is saying about the swearing. But if you can write a dissertation on the merits of not swearing in a forum post. You are probably aware of a lot of these next level bull feces problems. The swearing will draw in the big audience that needs to hear this stuff. We all already have threads on here discussing all of the topics you are covering. The youth outside of ATS needs to hear this. Not us. It needs to be cool and hip and edgy.

Do not censor yourself unless you want to. You got to think world wide big. Not just ATS big. Use the swearing to draw the youth in. Then hit them with the truth about next level bull feces. You capture the 20 and under market and they will be with you into their 30s and 40s. If you stay funny. Keep attacking everyone. Do not lie or sell out. Use the swearing when needed to drive home the absurdity of the news and be smart. This can really take off. I am talking daily show big. You can be the next John Stewart or Steven Colbert without the corporate sponsorship and partisan politics. Old media is dying a slow death. Look at the Emmys. Look at how many Netflix shows were nominated. New media is young and poised to finally take over. Ratings are down across the board on traditional TV. We are all waiting for the next big thing in news.
edit on 29-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Aside from the subject matter, the primary reasons I joined ATS were the high standards of moderation and eloquence of the membership. Both aspects lend a degree of credibility to the site and attest to the intelligence of its members.

I'm by no means advocating self-censorship (as such), but I do think the profanity is hurting the presentation for two reasons:

1) In excess, it will invariably turn a lot of people off. And needlessly so. If the point here is to deny ignorance, spread truth and encourage free thought, the last thing we need is another media vehicle that is hindered by "coarse" presentation (see "Alex Jones"). It damages credibility. But, that being said...

2) If you're going to use profanity, it should be used sparingly and strategically for maximum impact. They're powerful words to be sure, and (in this context) might best be used only when it will greatly enhance the message and keep the viewer engaged. In other words, it should be carefully considered when used as a rhetorical device. One well-placed f-bomb can do more damage than ten haphazardly placed f-bombs.

That's my two cents anyway. Still on the fence about the whole thing. At this point, it's like watching preseason football.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

1) In excess, it will invariably turn a lot of people off. And needlessly so. If the point here is to deny ignorance, spread truth and encourage free thought, the last thing we need is another media vehicle that is hindered by "coarse" presentation (see "Alex Jones"). It damages credibility. But, that being said...

I do not think it is the swearing that turns people off of Alex Jones. It is all the next level bull feces he spews. I do not like him but look at how popular he is. He sends his own news crews to major stories now. Imagine that audience he has. In the hands of someone who is not trying to play the game. But goes back to the basics just exposing lies not creating them. Someone giving the middle finger to every player in this war of words for our minds.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

I do not think it is the swearing that turns people off of Alex Jones. It is all the next level bull feces he spews. I do not like him but look at how popular he is. He sends his own news crews to major stories now. Imagine that audience he has. In the hands of someone who is not trying to play the game. But goes back to the basics just exposing lies not creating them.

I agree. I just used him as an example of how a good message can be misunderstood or even completely invalidated by certain perceived qualities of the messenger. He breaks stories and does some good investigative work, but the way he presents himself drives me (and many others) nuts. It's counterproductive.

Don't let gimmicks get in the way of the message.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Don't let gimmicks get in the way of the message.

I mostly agree. In a perfect world that would be the case. However sometimes you have to use a gimmick to get in the ears of those who are not actively seeking the message. Like those of us on this site are. I agree that profanity should be non existent in this dojo. The dojo being the forums. It allows more civilized and thought provoking conversations to develop. This show is different than the forums. It has the chance to reach a much wider audience. That needs the gimmick. Because they have been living a life full of gimmicks since they were born.

Not everyone will dive into the forums and read pages and pages of debates and information. Then add there own thoughts and theories to the site. The vast majority just read the site. Probably the first few pages of a thread. The even vaster majority will not even ever come to this site. Its those people that need to hear this. Not only us. Its those people that will take it from a little watched program on ATS. To a must watch program for the world. I mean look at the amount of flags the show received. Not even a fraction of a fraction of the ATS user base have even watched it yet. I bet they will end up getting much more viewers directly from their Youtube page and twitter and facebook than here. We gotta stop just talking to each other. And start talking to the youth of the world. Unfortunately swearing helps. Gimmicks help.

I can not be the only one who sees this. Everyone wants the world to be a better place. For everyone to open there eyes. Yet all they want to do is be elitist, dismiss the vast majority of the population of the earth, and argue with each other. I applaud ATS and NLBS for actually doing something and trying to reach the minds of the majority while also catering to the loyal user base. Their jobs have to be extremely hard. They are saints for putting up with all of us lol. If i were them I would of gave up a long time ago. I would probably be on my 6th wife and third stint as an alcoholic. On the verge of a nervous break down.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Love it!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
Great second episode. Your timing and flow was better this time. It comes through that you are getting more comfortable being in front of the camera. I still had slight audio issues. With some stuff being to loud and some stuff being to low. It was better than last time though. And for all I know it might be on my end. I liked that is was a little longer this time. I personally think you should be aiming for around 15 minutes an episode. Maybe two in depth pieces and then rapid fire pieces. That is just my opinion though. I understand why you want to go under ten minutes. This is the ADD sound bite generation after all.

I think you should not listen to all the old fuddy duddys lol....
. When it comes to the swearing. The truth of the matter is. The people on this site should not be your targeted demographic. We will be your initial audience and this is a good spot to test out the format. But we do not really need this as much as the Facebook and Twitter loving mainstream youth need it. I get what everyone is saying about the swearing. But if you can write a dissertation on the merits of not swearing in a forum post. You are probably aware of a lot of these next level bull feces problems. The swearing will draw in the big audience that needs to hear this stuff. We all already have threads on here discussing all of the topics you are covering. The youth outside of ATS needs to hear this. Not us. It needs to be cool and hip and edgy.

Do not censor yourself unless you want to. You got to think world wide big. Not just ATS big. Use the swearing to draw the youth in. Then hit them with the truth about next level bull feces. You capture the 20 and under market and they will be with you into their 30s and 40s. If you stay funny. Keep attacking everyone. Do not lie or sell out. Use the swearing when needed to drive home the absurdity of the news and be smart. This can really take off. I am talking daily show big. You can be the next John Stewart or Steven Colbert without the corporate sponsorship and partisan politics. Old media is dying a slow death. Look at the Emmys. Look at how many Netflix shows were nominated. New media is young and poised to finally take over. Ratings are down across the board on traditional TV. We are all waiting for the next big thing in news.

If I could I would give you many, many more stars for the above!!

You are spot on, NLBS has a "swear" word in the freaking title! It should be expected when dealing with these kinds of issues, for they are beyond ludicrous. Honestly I get that people who come to this forum enjoy the setting of civility, I am one of them, it is great you can debate your ideas, as well as work on your grammar if needed. This however is not what attracts enough people, it is the reality of the situation so something new is needed, I agree with you in the belief that this could be it!

As you so eloquently describe in the above, this is something that needs to reach a whole new audience and sorry to say it, but with the way the social engineers have been guiding our pop culture, swearing is as normal as anything else these days. That demographic you described the 20 and younger generation are exposed to far worse things than swearing by the time they hit the 8th grade. It is a fact of life, there is no changing that. The great thing is there are kids in that generation that are very interested in changing the current pardigm, this being in the proof of multiple innovations coming out of high school.

NLBS is a wonderful tool to reach this audience, as well as those in the 20-40 range, as you stated look at the success of the Colbert Report/Daily show, which I used to enjoy up until the subtle agenda got to me and I simply could not take it anymore. NLBS has an opportunity here to have a clear agenda, that being exposing the NLBS that is beyond the term absurd.

Swearing may turn off old fuddy duddy's lol thank you kindly for using that term! If it is something your ears can not handle why did you even bother to tune into something described as Next Level Bullsh*t, was it to come and complain about swearing, I mean come on what year is it!

To you KarmicEctesey

edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago08America/Chicago831amFriday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: Domo1
Now… taking suggestions on what we should cover for the 9/11 episode.

I would like to see NLBS tackle this......

a detailed explanation as to how 3 towers fell but only 2 planes were used.
from ATS member Strewth a few weeks ago.

Also, the Patriot Act was signed into being on the 26th of October 2001, some 45 days after 9/11. Amazing speed - unheard of as far as the US Government taking action to pass a bill is concerned, almost as if it was pre-written and just waiting to the opportune time to be signed in by that quintessential muppet we have all come to love/hate....Mr George dublya Bush.

Congress enacted the Patriot Act by overwhelming, bipartisan margins, arming law enforcement with new tools to detect and prevent terrorism: The USA Patriot Act was passed nearly unanimously by the Senate 98-1, and 357-66 in the House, with the support of members from across the political spectrum.

Wow - such patriotism, must have been an emotional time to get that level of bipartisan support. Naughty Muslim Arab hijackers/sarc

Building 7.

arstechnica.com...
www.globalissues.org...

@NLBS - I like your response to the freaky cat's suggestions to tone it down, this has the potential to destroy current MSM propaganda and I find myself agreeing with you across the board on topics discussed.

Good stuff mate
edit on 29-8-2014 by Sublimecraft because: added comment to OP

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join