It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS: Episode 0.1: Mainstream Media, Cyber Security, Pedophiles, and more...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Its never about the swearing,its about the message.
If people are stuck on a few words,they might miss the message because their head is stuck up their rear end.

For instance.
If I screamed,watch out for the effing car or else you are going to get hit....are you worried about the word or are you worried about getting smoked by a car?
Its the message and not the language.

edit on 28-8-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

I thought I did.

I suppose I need to spell it out.

Many people don't like f bombs. There is no reason to add them just to bleep them. You will lose out on viewers that take issue with casual swearing. You will lose viewers who think you're only swearing to seem hip (because it's manipulative on some levels).

The fact that the f-bombs in question are bleeped shows an understanding that people don't like swearing. So why do it? Because it would be unprofessional not to. So why skirt the line? Either go for it uncensored or just leave it out of the script.

At the very least it's distracting.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: theNLBS
Much better then the first one. More informative.

Agreed. I'm looking forward to the next one now.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I personally will tolerate the swearing as long as the show doesn't devolve into a one-sided Christian bashing libfest. Some points absolutely require a well timed f-bomb for maximum effect.

edit on 28-8-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Iamthatbish

I thought I did.

I suppose I need to spell it out.

Many people don't like f bombs. There is no reason to add them just to bleep them. You will lose out on viewers that take issue with casual swearing. You will lose viewers who think you're only swearing to seem hip (because it's manipulative on some levels).

The fact that the f-bombs in question are bleeped shows an understanding that people don't like swearing. So why do it? Because it would be unprofessional not to. So why skirt the line? Either go for it uncensored or just leave it out of the script.

At the very least it's distracting.

Agreed. For our next episode I'll tone down the profanity.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

All reasons why where's calling these first four episodes our "beta period." To get feedback and make any adjustments before we go with our Premier Episode on 9/9.

Now… taking suggestions on what we should cover for the 9/11 episode.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Cool and make sure you get to grips with some Euro trash news too!

Edit: you can call out some RT crap, several BBC stories and a lot of other stuff too.
edit on 28-8-2014 by LarryLove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LarryLove

Well, Tony Abbott is currently on my radar

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Now… taking suggestions on what we should cover for the 9/11 episode

The trillions that went missing the day before 9/11.

Follow the money.
People were pissed about the 750 billion dollar bailouts but nobody seems to give a toss about that???
Really?

edit on 28-8-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

brilliants keep up the good work...personally i don't mind the swearing..the beeping sux....but i agree with other posters toning down the swearing a bit...it might allow for a wider audience ...

and i was pleased to see that snoopy was a real dog

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: theNLBS
a reply to: LarryLove

Well, Tony Abbott is currently on my radar

I am with you on that … good stuff!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Thank you.
It isn't about censorship---more about class and style and intelligence. A parrot can be taught to swear.
If your demographic is anyone with more than a junior high education, some creative use of language will get you a lot more attention than what is heard on the street every day. If your style puts people off, your message is lost, no matter how important or correct it may be because they see it as simply the ravings of another uneducated fool. Now please understand, I'm not saying that you are an uneducated fool, I'm simply saying that with the injudicious language you use, that will be the impression you leave with folks.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Don't give in to conformity. Don't allow your words to be chosen for you. Unless you are marketing to the PG crowd then you have no need.

edit on 28-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

All reasons why where's calling these first four episodes our "beta period." To get feedback and make any adjustments before we go with our Premier Episode on 9/9.

A focus on Building 7 would make for a good piece. Too many people concentrate on the towers and don't know or forget that another building went down that day.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Who made money off of selling airline stocks short. Name them and interview them.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

How about the fact that a cop can shoot and kill an innocent bystander, then charge the person he's shooting at with murder instead of facing any repercussions himself?

To me that is some Nuclear Bull$hit.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

I'm actually taking a look into the tidbits of evidence that seem to indicate Showden, or the data he took to Russia, had a role in making the recent Russian hacking of US banks possible.
edit on 28-8-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Well I don't think they'd let him stay there if he wasn't willing to play ball. I look forward to what you can manage to dig up.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Don't!

Too difficult to separate the Bull# from the "truth"... You'll end up pissing everyone off.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The presentation is given with no visual inflection. I understand how difficult it is to be animated while reading from a script.
As has been shown in this and the previous thread, the profanity will alienate some people, and others will support it.
My opinion is the information is engaging enough without the profanity.

The running feet (scrolling headlines) distract from the spoken message of the video, causing people to split focus and miss either part of the spoken words or the headlines over all.

I assume you've checked that there will be no legal issue with the name? It is close enough to the Showtime title that some folks may be confused.

The ranking system of BS is confusing. Every individual will rank thinks on their own personal scale and few will agree with the number systems as they are.
With the title as it is, shouldn't we assume all things discussed are of a huge level of BS? Perhaps a simplified BS meter presented before the story, rather than after?

All and all, it is an engaging program that will work out the few technical issues within 3 months of running.

This is a succinct response, I am happy to elaborate on anything if needed.

My stats:

Male/ 33

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join