It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philly VA training slides depicted Veterans as Oscar the grouch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
www.stripes.com...

And there is wonder within the VA as to why veterans despise them.

Too bad as if they put as much effort into actually doing their job, as they do in crap like this, the VA wouldn't be such a huge disaster.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

Nothing makes folks grouchier than realizing they were either forced or tricked into getting their ass shot off in a foreign land at the whim of oligarchs and fossil fuel tycoons, all the while being told they're heros fighting for "freedom". The substandard medical care is just salt in the wound.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
What can we say? The VA sucks.
But we already knew that.
Too bad no one seems willing to do anything about it.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I just read the article. It is typical of the American government overall.

Use the military as political tools, then discard them when not needed.

I knew of a former secret service agent for the Clintons that told his sister, who told me, that the Clintons treated the military like dirt. To illustrate their attitude toward the military. Once when Chelsea was a child and her secret service agent for some reason could not take her to school at the last minute, a soldier was tasked to ride in the car with her. Apparently, she threw a hissy fit saying she did not want to be in a car with "one of them", it was so bad they had to dig up another agent to take her. A child gets attitudes like that from their parents and those within their environment.

It may have also happened with Republican presidents and families, but I know it happened with this very influential Democrat family - and I have no doubt it continues with Obama because of many of his actions/inactions regarding service men and women

These attitudes get spread throughout the government and do filter into agencies who are supposed to view the military past and present as customers, but instead, they view them as an inconvenience at best while delivering less than stellar customer service. So the attitudes become ingrained in the culture of the agency and so the members of the agency become blind to their own disrespectful attitudes and actions.

Just as with the IRS, the NSA, the TSA, as long as the party in power chooses to either ignore the problems, hide the problems, illegally hide the problems, refuse to prosecute those who behave illegally, it will continue and it will continue to worsen.

Until the majority who hold power see the problems and start to act to fix the problems they will continue to happen. All we can do is point them out as publicly as possible, until the people in power are shammed into fixing it or are worried if they don't they'll lose power.

edit on 1Thu, 28 Aug 2014 13:08:07 -0500pm82808pmk284 by grandmakdw because: addition

edit on 1Thu, 28 Aug 2014 13:08:59 -0500pm82808pmk284 by grandmakdw because: highlight salient points

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
but the illegal immigrants who get treated much better are portrayed as clones of the messiah who can do no wrong...

new topics

top topics

join