It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Fallujans Return Amid Biometric Testing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
US Military planners, laying the groundwork for citizens to return to war-torn Fallujah, are planning for an elaborate identification system involving retinal scanning and DNA sampling. Working under the concept that a benevolent forceful operation will be needed in order to gain the respect of the Iraqi citizens returning to Fallujah, commanders are also planning for an organized work force to repair Fallujah, and prepare for the upcoming elections.

www.bost on.com
Under the plans, troops would funnel Fallujans to so-called citizen processing centers on the outskirts of the city to compile a database of their identities through DNA testing and retina scans. Residents would receive badges displaying their home addresses that they must wear at all times. Buses would ferry them into the city, where cars, the deadliest tool of suicide bombers, would be banned.

Marine commanders working in unheated, war-damaged downtown buildings are hammering out the details of their paradoxical task: Bring back the 300,000 residents in time for January elections without letting in insurgents, even though many Fallujans were among the fighters who ruled the city until the US assault drove them out in November, and many others cooperated with fighters out of conviction or fear.

One idea that has stirred debate among Marine officers would require all men to work, for pay, in military-style battalions. Depending on their skills, they would be assigned jobs in construction, waterworks, or rubble-clearing platoons.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Many have theorized that Iraqi's will respond better to a forceful system of governance. Now is the time when we will see if this theory is correct. Military commanders are planning on forcefully organizing Fallujah. They have received little direction from the Iraqi Interim Administration, as most of them appear to be afraid to enter Fallujah.

The forced Biometric scanning is an effort to catalog the citizens of Fallujah so that they may know who is entering the city in the event any of the insurgents sneak back in.

Many citizens of the US and UK are rejecting the efforts of their governments to institute a national ID card system. But in Fallujah, not only will the citizens be issued such an identity, the will be forced to wear it at all times in public.

If this effort in Fallujah is successful, will we see it instituted in the US and UK?

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   

If this effort in Fallujah is successful, will we see it instituted in the US and UK?

Regardless of whether it is succesful or not, it will be instituted in the US and UK, as plans for them were already implemented before the Iraq war even begun. Recently, it was declared by the Queen that this will be compulsory(i.e: enforced) on every citizen in the next five years or so, how quickly that means the solicitation of microchip implants, is anybodies guess.

They might as well put red triangle marks on our foreheads, and make us say Heil the New Order! It's begun.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
At least they haven't started putting tatoos on the forearms of the Iraqis yet.
The Evolution of Tattooing in the Auschwitz Concentration Camp Complex

This is still going way too far, especaially since Bush likes to talk about the 'freedom' that he has brought to the 'liberated' people of Iraq.

Here's an ATS thread on the topic:
Mandatory Retina scans and ID cards for Fallujah refugees.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The headline should read:

Iraq Leads U.S. In Biometric Technology Boom

Come on America, we're falling behind!

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The mark of the beast

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I'm sure I'll be corrected if I am wrong, but Britain already implements the chip implants to a certain degree; they are used to track early release prisoners. There was a thread about it here on ATS a while back.

And Britain is well on the way to implementing a national ID card, isn't it?

IRT banning of cars, it might be a model for a cleaner environment; less air pollution and traffic congestion.

It sounds harsh, but remember the torture rooms and weapons caches found in Fallujah during the past few weeks. And remember, this obviously has at least the tacit approval of Allawi.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
There's an old saying "A little information is a dangerous thing". In this case the phrase "compulsory ID card". It will be "compulsory" in that everyone will have to have one. It will NOT be compulsory to carry one unlike France who have had a compulsory ID system for many many years.

Personally I do not see what all the fuss is about. I have a driving licence which is "compulsory" in order to drive but I do not have to carry it around with me. The card has my photo, address, date of birth and signature on it. But Oh my god shake and quiver in case it has a retina scan on it ! How does the government (the DVLC being gov dept) know when to send out a reminder to purchase a car tax disc ? Oh yes the computer system ALREADY in place with lots of my driving details. Then there's the card from the local council for council tax payment purposes and they know who lives in my house. Then there's the electoral register which is linked to the judical system in order to determine who is eligable for jury duty. Then there's the national health computer system that links my doctor to the hospital so that she can book an appointment for me and my doctors records are then available at the hospital. Then there's the centralised list of credit references which has a history of the bad debt on people and addresses which is available to banks, shops etc and obviously the government. How about the speed cameras that read your number plate and thus can identify where and when your car has been.

Shall I go on or will people stop being so paranoid. Or put it another way be paranoid NOW all the information about you is already there.

ID cards are inevitable so stop fighting them. Instead work hard to ensure that they implemented correctly. Here some advantages which could be implemented :

1. Every time your ID card is checked it records the date-time on the smartcard and is thus a record of police harrassment.
2. You have the right to access your data at anytime to ensure it is correct. (it seems that the UK will be doing this). This could mean that everything I mentioned above is available for you to view via this system. Currently you can't see any of it !
3. Nobody can use information about you that is NOT in the database and thus this protects you from false accusations.

Make the system work for your protection instead of fighting it otherwise it will only result in an imposed inadequate system.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
....They forgot the remote controllable explosive necklaces.....

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

I have already explained this before many times. How this differs from your drivers liscence, is because you will need it for absolutely everything you can conceivably do. This means all the information about you, your habits, your whereabouts, and your transactions will be stored in a single entry on a single state run database, under your national id number.

This means you will not have any privacy anymore, and it further means, that you are subject to the real possibility of abuse under a corrupt government. All it takes is a single edit. This card allows the state absolute power over you.

There needs to be checks and balances and civilian third party meditations, to decentralise power from the state, to guard against the possibility of abuse, before any such system is implemented. As we can see from this article, they are being used exactly for what has been long speculated by the "paranoid" for totaliterianism. That is why we oppose it.

So, I advise you mate, if you are going to accept it, demand the peace of mind of safe guards, and if those demands are not met, deny the ID card. Whatever you do, do not let the state have absolute power, because if it does, you are living in a dictatorship. Do you want that?

Actually, you can start by denying the already existing civil contingencies bill.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

top topics

join