It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq war ?not over,? general warns (BUMPED-lessons learned?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I understand that this is just more propaganda, but did anyone really think the war was over. Unfortunately this kind of conflict will never be over. Honestly, we all know better, Bush even said yrs before the Military was mobilized that it would take more time than they could even predict. I'm just wondering when reporters will start makeing decent progress, as in covering more than just one theature of operations. I know they are notorious for such, but I havn't seen any of this yet, wonder why...not really.

msnbc.com...

[edit on 25-9-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well, if most reporters weren't unpaid employees for the Department of Defense, we just might get proper coverage of a war...

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It.s not over till the fat lady sings. This just started.
We got one hell of a team in place. Turn the Dogs of War lose. Put a hurt on these you fill in the blanks. God Bless American.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The war IS over. There is no Iraqi army left to fight.
Generals have to say that wars aren't over to justify the deaths of their soldiers.
What you're seeing in Iraq is what we saw in Northern Ireland for 30 years. If you relax too much and drop your guard you're going to get slotted.
These are basically terrorist attacks. Small groups of people whose only wish is to remove the US from it's soil. As long as there are US troops in Iraq you are going to find that this sort of occurance will continue.

The War on Terrorism isn't yet over, I agree. The War aims in the region have not yet been reached. But as far as the actual war in Iraq goes, this is minor resistance in any warfare manual.
If you tell your people that the war is over and keep losing the occasional soldier, you're asking for trouble when your public hear the news of the deaths back home.

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   
They are merly just sayin this for tow reason 1) to justify the death of soldier like leveller said. 2) they can say the war is over cause if the do under the geneva convetion they have to let all POW go. This is the same thing after WWII when we rebuilt Germeny and occupied it was that considered still apart of WWII

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Believe me, its only just beginning. Iraq was essentially just to establish a forward base of operations in the region for the US. We still have the majority of OPEC that is interested in swapping oil standard currencies, and those are the ones that we are VERY interested in... Iran is likely to be next, as they do possess nuclear abilities, but also because they are the next most powerful vote in OPEC after Iraq, and they have publicly stated thier interest in forcing a vote in OPEC in favor of the Euro...

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Just like Afganistan.

XAOS

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   
can we say Vietnam 2?

top topics

join