It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Bribes Former Iowa Senator to Drop Bachmann

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
One thing I can say for Ron Paul: "Why not?"

I know what the vomit from the elephants and donkeys looks like. So why not?

And the one thing I say is,

I lived before the Fair Housing Act.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I may be incredibly dense...but can you explain? I thought HUD was established in the late 60's?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I may be incredibly dense...but can you explain? I thought HUD was established in the late 60's?

Yes. And I experienced the organized (legal organized) campaigns by realtors, neighbors, politicians to keep "undesirables" from owning homes in their neighborhood.

RP would abolish the Federal Housing Act as less government.

IMO he's just another white southern Christian, opposing women's rights, and would support a religious state.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

He might. And I may not argue too much if the problem of land ownership is worked out. Otherwise, then it may be better served in other ways. I would hope his addressing of libertarian ideals starts in places other than domestic welfare. Certainly isn't the low hanging fruit when you look at the pieces of pie that make up the US budget.

But given what we have seen....who would be a better choice?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

He might. And I may not argue too much if the problem of land ownership is worked out. Otherwise, then it may be better served in other ways. I would hope his addressing of libertarian ideals starts in places other than domestic welfare. Certainly isn't the low hanging fruit when you look at the pieces of pie that make up the US budget.

But given what we have seen....who would be a better choice?

I don't see how RP could ever be a choice for a woman, an atheist, non Christians, a minority, or someone who does not believe in going backward.

Who does that leave? White Christian men. Been there, done that.

Huntsman? Don't know. But, definitely know what I don't want.

So, I guess I dragged this off topic. Better stop now. Will await a new, more on point thread
edit on 28-8-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join