It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now they can run us over too!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

You want really outrageous?

Try this on for size.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

How does the killer get to sue the victim's family for anything? Did the guy bounce of his hood too hard or something? Insane!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: thov420

It's an insane world we live in now. I mean she's suffering horribly after killing him, and her life is ruined.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It's things like this that make me fear for the future of the human race. Maybe we're just too crazy to last in the overall scheme of things.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

You want really outrageous?

Try this on for size.

I came across that one actually too. Apparently there is a little more to it though as the kids were riding bikes without lights at night and wearing dark clothes (I did this exact thing as a kid, we we're WAY too cool for reflectors and helmets on our ridiculous expensive freestyle bikes, and always wore black clothing while riding for some reason).

I was reading that it's really a legal maneuver from her defense because the family is suing her for $900,000 for something which was likely a genuine accident.

Your article goes into more detail though saying she is also suing the country for not maintaining the road.

Sounds completely ridiculous, vengeful and unbelievably insensitive/inapropriate. Especially no knowing how few people are convicting of any wrongdoing, then if it was genuine accident, why not just defend yourself in court and be done. And if your insurance settles with the family to avoid any trial, then big deal.

I must be a strange person because in any situation where I've had any disagreement with someone else, I go directly to them and try to work it out, hear out both sides, etc. Bah who knows, the world is insane these days.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

That takes some pretty gargantuan balls.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

Accidents are beyond anyone’s control and are true “accidental” occurrences.
Example: Bicyclist killed by a car because the driver has a heart attack.

Negligence is failure to exercise the same level of care as a reasonable person would in similar circumstances.
Example: Bicyclist killed by a car because the driver is sending an email.

A person can be held liable for any damages they cause through their careless/negligence behavior.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
It happened again.
Quebec City police probed after cyclist run over by cruiser dies
A cyclist hit by a Quebec City police cruiser yesterday has died.

Provincial police Sgt. Ann Mathieu confirmed the cyclist died in hospital Wednesday night.

At least one witness said the officers had backed over the man at least once.
Link: news.ca.msn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join