It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could time travel to any place and time to live a life, where would you chose?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Me, I would choose Paris during the early years of the impressionist painters. Of course I have to insist that I would be an impressionist painter then. It was a very cool time to be an artist, and Paris has always been a great place to live.

How about you? If you could time travel to any place and any time, what would be your choice.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I choose today.

I have ruined the mystery of yesterday.

No but really, 1643,London, England, United Kingdom.

So I could meet Issac Newton and make sure he spent more time on science and less time on religion.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I'd rather time travel to the future to a point where humanity is hopefully space-faring, and to the point of not having destroyed itself, learning its lesson of having universal benevolence. I want to travel the stars, to meet and learn from Alien races. I'd even want to stay in the present time, and go to a different planet.

Someone get me a TARDIS and turn me into a Time Lord, please.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

I would travel to the year 2364 and the place I would live would been on board the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I would also choose France, but i would go back to 1970 to follow Magma and attend every concert they ever performed.
edit on 28-8-2014 by 4003fireglo because: I misspelled "concert"

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Nowhere ... unless I could take my family and closest friends along.

Forward ... we'd have to go a long ways ... hundreds of millions of years.

Backward ... back to the '50s and no earlier. I like hot showers.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I'm coming with you. Upon reading the title this is the period and place I first thought of. Those thick aired evenings sitting around the cafes of Paris with everyone doodling on napkins and tablecloths smoking exotic Persian cigarettes and not getting up until late the next morning. Oh yes, very cool indeed.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I would go back to when my mom was alive and spend lots of time with her, although it would never be enough! She was so wise. I dream about her almost every night.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: bu15390

.... in a good way
edit on E14America/Chicago08188 by Eyemin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I would travel back to the year 1917 and live in Foshan, China and meet the famous Yip Man who was a master at Marshal Arts.

I aspire to be like that man. He is a very strong role model to me.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Atlantis or Lemuria

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
1988, And see Guns N Roses play their legendary show at the Ritz in New York.

edit on 28-8-2014 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Late 16th early 17th century japan .. fit in better during that time than do in the modern world ..

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
i would go to 1st century rome and visit Jesus and make sure they put in the bible about muhamad being the first anti christ to stop the religion from forming and if i found jesus to be a fraud i would expose him also

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
to the beginning of life and stomp on it.. stomp on it good...

take that, life.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

In the mood I"m in today I'd pick this -

First i'd go to Hartford Connecticut in January 1663 to save my ancestor from being hung as a witch. Then I'd enjoy life in Old New England without all the overcrowding and pollution. Eventually I'd go to the 1690s in Salem Mass .... arm the men, women and children who were falsely accused of witchcraft ... help them to blast the hell out of their accusers ... expose the trials for what it was - a land grab by the crusty old 'religious' men of Salem'.

SIde note - my relative who was hung for witchcraft in Connecticut ... I'm a direct descendent on my mothers side - Mary Barnes Hartford CT

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
To the time of Adam and Eve
And kill them both before they had a chance to over populate this world with virus of humanity. Then die happy my self knowing this beautiful world would last so many thousand years untouched.
Paradise

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I would choose either one of the two following options, depending on how whimsical I was feeling at the time of departure.

1) I have long felt that this modern age in which we live, removes people from the reality of living. Our food is packaged before we get to see it more often than not, let alone touch it, so the number of people who know how to kill, skin, and prepare an animal for cooking is dwindling faster than a match flame in a bell jar full of carbon dioxide. War is fought with a focus on putting vast distance between killer and target, government controls everything down to the last detail as much as possible, and we have no real right to privacy any more (Hello GCHQ... Still doing the enemies work for them I see? Is the weather in Cheltenham any better than down here in Essex?). I would rather enjoy going back to a time when a mans worth was easier measured by the strength of his sword arm, the keenness of his steel, than by his ability to fill out the right forms, understand tax codes, and operate a sodding bank account. So, any time during the medieval period would do for me. My swash... it needs a buckling.

or...

2) Another source of dismay, with regard to the times we live in now, is that despite having had the map laid down for us, by visionaries like Arthur C. Clarke (may God rest his soul), this planets population STILL has not mastered the art of travel in deep space. Failure to do so by the time I was old enough to sign up for Starship crew duty, is one of the things I dislike the human race intensely for, and I am unlikely to live long enough to see any significant steps taken in that regard, let alone long enough to leave the solar system myself. So I would like to go to the future, to a time after the secret of FTL travel of one sort or another has been made clear to the species.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I would travel back to 500-1000 AD in Norway during the epitome of the Viking era. I think I would feel much more at home there, simpler life, going Viking and coming home victorious, and maybe I could even teach my ancestors a thing or two about how to better their lives.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I might like the 1880's America as a choice, but I would most likely head back to the 80's baby! good times good times

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join