It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California's gas prices to rise in January after bill to suspend 'hidden' tax fails

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The group, led by Assemblyman Henry T. Perea (D-Fresno), had been pushing legislation to suspend part of California's so-called cap-and-trade regulations that were aimed at reducing carbon emissions from cars and trucks. Cap and trade is an auction system to allocate the cost of polluting carbons among industrial and other emitters.

The bill, AB 69, was designed to head off what Perea and allies -- in a major multimedia public relations campaign -- called a "hidden gas tax" of as much as 15 cents a gallon extra that consumers are going to start paying at the pump in January.

Perea's bill never got a hearing.

www.latimes.com...

I live in Fresno California. Dead center of central california and home to the biggest produce production in the country. We are already in the middle of a devastating droubt that has caused the cost of produce, milk, beef, poultry and pork to skyrocket. No doubt this added gas tax will be a game changer for many families struggling to get by.

Cheap gas is at about $3.59 a gallon, cheapest its been all summer. Thats at Arco. Chevron is like $3.89 for the lowest octane. Ad $.15 a gallon starting January. If you have to fill up with premium you could be looking at $4.25 a gallon or higher.

Cap n trade, climate change garbage will destroy whats left of this state and the country.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
We must have posted these at the same time. I searched also and found nothing until I posted this. Anyway, still important.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CRUSTY37
It is Very important and Californians need to be made aware of this.
It's not your fault, the Search Function has not worked well at all.

You have adding information that I didn't and you've used a really good source.
S & F for your thread.

join