It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Testing Your Blood Sugar.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
My son and I made this short video for fun today.

Testing your blood sugar, especially when you're diabetic, is very important. I hate needles, but being a Type 2, I have to deal with it on a daily basis. You get used to it after a while.

But, we did this video, and I thought I would share with y'all. Hope it gives you a chuckle.

It seems serious at first, but keep watching, especially once you get almost half way:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Looks like you guys had alot of fun making the video, also very informative

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
S&F because there is nothing like seeing kids and parents having a bit of fun with each other while learning/teaching.

I could never use the lancer. I always had to use the lancet with just my hand alone. For some reason it was easier to do that than it was to push the button on the lancer. I don't know why.

My husband gave me a hard time and I loaded it up for him to test and it took (honest to goodness) him about an hour and a half before he could push the button. My big 370 lb. bear of a husband couldn't bring himself to do it as easily as he thought.

I am glad to see that you obviously keep up with your health when so many do not. Diabetes is unforgiving.

Thanks for sharing the video and keep laughing with your son. Those are the times he will always comeback to when times get hard or he feels alone. Those are the times that will refuel his spirit.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Thanks guys!

My son Josh and I do "Let's Play" videos on YouTube with computer games, as one of many things we do together. He's been in scouts since he was in first grade (he's a Boy Scout now), and I'm one of their den leaders, so we spent a lot of time together doing that too (LOTS of camping).

Josh is my step son (been raising him since he was only 3 months old). All my natural children are grown now, the oldest is 27 with two of her own kids, and my youngest is going on 17 now. I miss them all dearly, so Josh was like being able to have fun all over again as a dad (except he just doesn't how I'm able to always know ahead of time when he's about to do something wrong.....Practice, I tell him...LOTS of practice already with his much older sibs, hehehehehe).

Any ways, glad y'all liked it. Yes, I keep up with my diabetes quite a bit, it's a curse and a blessing in some ways. Getting rid of all that sugar in my diet was a good thing (the curse is: I'm the cook and baker in the house).

new topics

top topics

join