It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can you take thermal photos of area 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I was wondering if you could take a thermal shot of area 51, and if you could would it be a good idea

[edit on 5-12-2004 by GNR4life6373]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I think I asked the same question, maybe you could equipt an unmanned aerial vehicle with a thermal imager...but I don't know what you could spot, black triangles in hangers? disc craft? alien sillouettes maybe?

Xon

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Yea I know you can stand at tikaboo peek and take picture But you need a steddy camera and a F..... good zoom. But I doent think the picture will be god. The Ide of a unemanned vehile is not good the sencors in the ground will spot it and it is a long range from the border to the base. You will need a long range controll a lot of gas and a normal camera to see where you drive.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
If you are far enough away from the Camo-dudes, the UAV wouldn't be directly linked to you right away, range isn't an issue in UAV's these days since many of them can last up to 40 hours, but it's possible it would get shot down, but my guess is the missile they fire on your UAV will cost them more than your UAV...

Your best bet is to aquire a YAK-061 Schmel...

Xon

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Yea maybe but if they shot at it it will not cost them more then what they hide. They will see it comming loong before you get inn. It cant be done. If you can do it and give me a copy of the movie I will give you a suit case full of dollars

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
if you take IR photos nothing will come out because of the heat rising up from the desert ground

Xon

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Yea that is true. Smart boy velvet1717

But what about in the winter ?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Fly over Area-51?
You would have better luck trying to stand on top of a high peak and taking pictures. Not sure what this would do, but go ahead and waste your money, that's what makes the world go round.

Xon

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I doent think this is some thing that someonet will do. Because it is so secured that it wont work. But you can stand at tekabo peek and take picture whit out getting in trouble.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Nehh, I have better things to spend my money on, let some University funded projects do that kinda crap...

And I wouldn't want to waste perfectly good YAK-061 anyway...just think of the fun you could have with it...

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by GNR4life6373
I was wondering if you could take a thermal shot of area 51, and if you could would it be a good idea

[edit on 5-12-2004 by GNR4life6373]

The short answers are NO, and No! Area 51 is SCI clearance level facility. Everything at the base is sealed using countersurvallence and counterelectronics technology. I'm willing to bet the hangers are built to foil IR and thermal imaging technology.

Second, We(in the USA) are at War! If you got caught photographing anything related to defense, Espeically a secret base like Groom Lake, you would probably be charged with Espionage (spying)! Horever, If you really want to be arrested as a spy, have fun!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

[edit on 8-12-2004 by ghost]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The Russians are doing it all the time. But the US Government keeps the "things" that they test and store depp underground so it's quite hard to do it, then at night they test stuff, land it and take it back down...

Xon

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Yea the area have to good security. And yea if you do this you will be taken as a spy. And I belive that if US wasent at "war" you will be taken as a spy. But how can we know for sure that it is a underground base there? It is true that the is usualy no plane activity there at day, But if you stand at tiakaboo whit a nightvisjon camera you can take picture legal at night. But do it in the winter becouse of the heat

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Dumb question, can a surveilence satelite be equipted with thermal imaging? how about radar imaging? kinda similar to ground radar?

new topics

top topics

join