It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Huey P. Newton Gun Activists and Black Panthers Marched Through Dallas

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman
Now don't go overboard here.
We are kind of agreeing on something......it is a start.

Yeah, I guess you are right.

I just started to picture the dinner conversation and it got a little heated.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

No one is suggesting that we continually point out skin color.

But you said this

Being black is what they were oppressed for, so THAT quality is now what they are proud of. They were oppressed BECAUSE of their race, so their race is their focus.

it shouldnt be their focus, their focus should be to erase race as a focal point, and they should start with themselves.. And yelling Black Power, and continually talking about the color of their skin is effectively exactly what they are doing

You're a man and I'm a woman. Does that continue division? Please answer.

That depends on context, there are things in life where being a man, or being a woman are a factor......
in the case of Race, it should NEVER be a factor ever, however If im not black I cant qualify for certain things because im white.......why is this never addressed?

Have white people been oppressed in this country's history? You clearly don't understand what I've written at all.

Black people werent just oppressed in America, they were oppressed LONG before America was even colonized, America was just the newest addition......

Clearly you see this as uniquely American when it is not......

Again, would you consider having to be black to qualify for certain programs oppression even though you might share the common financial and living conditions?

A poor white child growing up in the same community might feel so.....

My mothers side of the family is native American, and we were massacred, and put on reservations.....

You dont see us out marching around feeling sorry for ourselves and screaming about how "the man" is keeping us down

It will only stop when everyone is treated equally. You can repeat your statement all you like. But that doesn't make it true.

your narrative works to the same standard, just because you believe it doesnt make it true

People keep screaming about how racist the police and Americans are, this is just the latest example that proves that its not the norm...

It was yelled at the roof tops that if black people armed themselves and marched around they would be shot down in cold blood by the police....

Yet here we have a large group of black people, marching, IN THE SOUTH, WITH GUNS and not a single incident took place....

once again proving that the divide is coming more from the people who claim to be a victim of it, then those they are accusing

Its time to stop using color of skin as a crutch, a talking point, or an excuse
edit on 8/28/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/28/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
...erase race...

Did you just come up with a catchy new slogan?

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes, it was. If you think that members of the Huey P Newton gun club are not Panthers you are incorrect.Here's a link from a Texas news station....

www.wfaa.com...

The group of about 30 men and women walked along the street near the intersection of Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X boulevards. It included members of the Dallas New Black Panther Party and the Huey P. Newton Gun Club.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...erase race...

Did you just come up with a catchy new slogan?

LOL , hey.......nice call, how do I copywrite that LOL

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

LOL , hey.......nice call, how do I copywrite that LOL

You cannot.

I just did.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
DP
edit on 08am31amfu2014-08-28T11:19:24-05:001124 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

and you too....

www.wfaa.com...

The group of about 30 men and women walked along the street near the intersection of Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X boulevards. It included members of the Dallas New Black Panther Party and the Huey P. Newton Gun Club.

Admit it, you were wrong....

and as for your have white people been oppressed???? How about the Irish? You understand they stepped off the boat and were given less than blacks of the day. They were sent straight too war to give slaves freedom in the South and made less then blacks when they returned north. I suggest you brush on up on your history before throwing out accusations....
edit on 08am31amfu2014-08-28T11:19:08-05:001108 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I have a feeling that article is incorrect as it is the only one I found reporting it that way.

And even if it is not racists are still permitted to keep and bear arms.
edit on 28-8-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

You can have all the feeling you want. They are even dressed as Black Panthers. I mean, since the NBPP was also founded in Dallas I will show you they were there...leading it...

Go to 14 seconds into this video and tell me what is on his shirt....

www.liveleak.com...

It is this patch....

en.wikipedia.org...

I am also not making this a racist issue...they are...as well as some of you others. There is no 'right' needed for a black person to purchase a weapon. They have the right. The fact is this was a NBPP march disguised as something else.

edit on 08am31amfu2014-08-28T11:32:35-05:001135 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

See my above edited post.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The march INCLUDED members of the New Black Panther party. Most were just African American citizens who belong to the gun club.

The Huey Newton Gun Club was named after the co-founder of the original Black Panthers.

edit on 8/28/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Give me a break...LOL...OK, so it would be cool with you if there was a group of White citizens who were led by a guy in a White Robe shouting 'White Power" and "Justice for Dillon Taylor"? It would be the same thing right? A group of 'citizens' led by a racist....

I would not want that on the streets of my town either...they can both stay home.

I know who Newton is. He was shot leaving a crack house by a member of a Splinter group of the BPP.

The US Commission on Civil Rights label the NBPP as a hate group as well as the ADL.

This was a show of force...nothing else....

link   

I did not mean to be rude either...please know that. I just want the truth to be shown. I know I have made posting errors in the past...

link   
DP
edit on 08am31amfu2014-08-28T11:54:04-05:001104 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This thread has been dragged every which way, right, left, up and down, I can only assume to avoid talking about the ACTUAL issue of police violence against black people in this country, which is why I originally posted it. I can certainly understand the frustration many people feel about the slaying of young black men and the acceptance of it by SO many!

I heard that the opinions on Michael Brown's death were basically split by race and it breaks my heart to hear that. Something's VERY wrong with that.

If you all want to continue arguing about the name of the group, the patch on one man's shirt, the shouting of "black power", what YOU think they should do, and how they shouldn't mention that they're black, go right on. I'm finished arguing about such inane issues when it's only to detract form the purpose of the march and the topic of this thread. But I won't be responding to any more distractions.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
You do not know me enough to say that i need to overcome any hurdles. You and many here are presenting a problem that is counter productive to peace. Sorry you are to caught up choosing sides to join the real fight against power and not color. My post while they go mostly unnoticed deal with the real issues behind the problem. Everything is in a name. Ignore it all you want but it remains a problem. They could be handing out flowers or gift certificates but it will not matter to most if they do it in the name of race it will be ignored. It is called conditioning and is a trick well used by tptb.

You wanna know what the greatest threat to the power controlling us is. it is a black man that is legally able to carry a firearm and has no intent on commiting crimes with it. Why? Because a long time ago they figured out how to disarm the black communities and that was through the method of turning them into criminals. If every non felon black male took up arms today the numbers would not be great enough to make a change. They will need the help of people of different colors.

However people of different colors do not want to get caught up in a race war with a group that is promoting raceial pride. When those issues are dealt with we could start to see some change. Their is a battle and one side is still losing but the means to keep a certain group oppressed have turned to mental battles. by all means spin your thoughts away from my logic and continue to watch the man win.
edit on 28-8-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

How has it been dragged around? I think we are speaking to the topic of the thread...

You call the issue inane but it's actually the root of the issue....

If it wasn't split because of race then what was it split on?

Because it seems to me that if you look at only the facts and not conjecture then this policeman might actually be justified....

Then where does the responsibility of the aftermath of the situation sit?

I think it's great these people could walk w their firearms and nothing happened to them.

It furthers my notion that the perpetuation of the race card seems to be coming strongly from the other side

Racism exists. And will probably always exist to some extent. There will always be ignorance

The goal here is to stop objectifying it

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Distractions? You call the truth a distraction?

You won't be responding because your diatribe was proven incorrect. At least the OP changed the title. There is no argument. It was proven they were NBPP members marching through the streets to demand what? They have the right to bear arms.

What happened to MB will come out. It was not racially motivated. It was not even a tragedy to be honest. This was not an innocent kid gunned down. It was an adult(he was 18) who stole from a store and when confronted was shot based on his actions.

Why are they not marching through the streets of Dallas at night? Why? Because this created a media event and them patrolling would not. There was an off duty cop incident this week where someone was shot after murdering another person. If what they were marching for was true they should have been there to prevent it, right?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Only if you are beholden to the Progressive or Dems.

If you are for truth and freedom, you will look at it as such.

I still offer my friendship.......but we will disagree passionately....all the time.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join