It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Huey P. Newton Gun Activists and Black Panthers Marched Through Dallas

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
They should be marching in Detroit or Chicago...at night...in the streets. They should also not be shouting 'Black Power!" If ta group of militant white guys and girls walked down the streets armed shouting "White Power" it would be on every MSM feed there was.

This should be about the right to arm and protect yourself not from the police but from the common criminal. Personally I think Open Carry is a little dumb as many of these folks are not trained as they should be but it should not be a right that is taken away.

The is also the New Black Panthers I believe also....you know, the ones who threatened whites during the past two elections and got a DOJ/AG pass? How soon we forget....

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman
I would say that the American Govt is just plain hostile to all US citizens today.

I agree. (mark your calendar!) But blacks clearly are had have been treated worse by the PD and generally, the "justice" system of the country than white people. I could site sources on that, but I think you'll agree.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
The is also the New Black Panthers I believe also....you know, the ones who threatened whites during the past two elections and got a DOJ/AG pass? How soon we forget....

Holy crap, does anyone read the Original Post prior to replying?

This is not the New Black Panther Party.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Pride in one's race? What a ridiculous idea!

On topic. I see nothing wrong with this group exercising thier Constitutional rights. I only condemn irresponsible gun owners who give everyone a bad rap.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I agree. (mark your calendar!)

Awwww.

BH and Mac walked hand in hand into the sunset as a violin filled crescendo played in the background.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
So does this throw out the argument from the Brown thread that if black people were out w guns like white militias they would be gunned down?

I saw this statement thrown out so much it became cliche'

Anyone want to recant ?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Catacomb
I disagree when you say are treated unequally, now.

Noted.

Obama proved that, and we should all be glad that he did.

Until further indicators, Obama is the exception that proves the rule. He ATTAINED the level of presidency, and then how was he treated by the country?

Why did people ask for his birth certificate? And then call it a fraud when he released it?
Why do top politicians say that Obama "doesn't understand how things work in the country"?
Why have people insisted that he's a "foreign Muslim"?
Why do they accent his middle name?
Why has the GOP been more obstructionist than EVER before?

There are a million racial assaults against the president. How many racial assaults have there been against the previous 43 presidents?

Source1

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I think that Obama has used race to his advantage since becoming POTUS.
I guess he used it to his advantage before that too. Who would have voted for a white politician that had the same qualifications that he did?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I agree the birther thing is ridiculous.

But as to the other points. I find it disengenious that you blame that stuff all on the color if his skin

There are a multitude of reasons why someone can disagree with Obama and his skin type is at the bottom of the list.

The issue here isn't that people disagree w him. It's that people do what you have displayed here and made him above reproach BECAUSE he's black...

So now if you dislike his policies it's because he's black

That's like saying that every African American hated bush because he was just a white man in power

If it's good for Obama why isn't it good for every other president we've had that's white

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Catacomb
One could argue that any reference to a person's color marginalizes yourself, and diminishes the beauty of the human race, as a whole.

Why? Does it marginalize me to say that I'm a "strong woman"? Why is race any different than gender? It's part of who I am. I'm proud of being a woman.

Here's the thing. Black people, Native Americans, gay people, women, are ALL groups that have been oppressed. Being black is what they were oppressed for, so THAT quality is now what they are proud of. They were oppressed BECAUSE of their race, so their race is their focus.

The same can be said for any of these groups. Why does sexuality matter? It doesn't. UNLESS you have been oppressed for your sexuality! That's why gay people are so damned intent on being PROUD of their sexuality (and I support them!). That's why they have parades about it and celebrate it.

I hope that there is a movement in this world to go beyond the physical. Yes, appreciating where you come from is very important to one's well being, and the preservation of history.

I hope so, too. And I think there absolutely will be. Once people are treated equally in this country, I think we'll see a shift away from these specific and limited aspects of a person, to the general person. A man will be judged, not by the color of his skin, whom he sleeps with or her gender! We will be judged as the people we are. But until black people are represented and treated equally - until gay people getting married is commonplace - until women are paid equally to men - we're going to see people standing up for the aspect that they have been oppressed for. That's just the way it is in this country right now. We are not "there" yet. But I do share your hope that one day, we will be there.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

They should be marching in Detroit or Chicago...at night...in the streets. They should also not be shouting 'Black Power!"

What you think they should do is irrelevant. They can figure out what to do without your help.

The is also the New Black Panthers I believe also....

It is NOT the NEW black panthers. Read the thread. That has been discussed to death.
edit on 8/28/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Awwww.

BH and Mac walked hand in hand into the sunset as a violin filled crescendo played in the background.

Don't get carried away, now... LOL!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
So the best way to stop people from looking at race is to continuously proclaim to the world how black you are?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
So the best way to stop people from looking at race is to continuously proclaim to the world how black you are?

Who says they want people to STOP looking at their race? I would suggest they want you to notice their race and stop judging them based on it.

As a woman, I don't want people to STOP noticing that I'm a woman. I want people to notice my womanhood and treat me fairly.

I suggest you (and the people who starred your post) READ and re-read the post you're responding to to get an understanding.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I would say that the American Govt is just plain hostile to all US citizens today.

I agree. (mark your calendar!) But blacks clearly are had have been treated worse by the PD and generally, the "justice" system of the country than white people. I could site sources on that, but I think you'll agree.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

WOW. Hell has frozen over.

Coming from a LE background, not within the areas like NY, LA, NJ and such...I did not see the racism people are talking about.

I do find it interesting that the idea of a racist cop seems to live within areas that are run by Progressives and Dems.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Besides that fact being a woman is your gender and crosses racial lines it's not the same.. But the rule still applies. If women want equal treatment then stop insisting you be recognized for your womanhood above everything else. "Equal treatment as men" " lower the fitness level so I can be a fireman, I'm a woman"

"I'm black treat me the same ". -enter affirmative action and scholarships and colleges catering to black people

That's why I think it's rubbish

Continually pointing out the color of ones skin does nothing to unify

You're white and I'm black continues the division.

This is the issue now days. It's a double standard.

If you say black power. It's ok. If you say white power. You're a racist

The racial division will stop when people stop insisting that people see the color of their skin.

All this does is perpetuate the double standard
edit on 8/28/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I agree. (mark your calendar!)

Awwww.

Now don't go overboard here.
We are kind of agreeing on something......it is a start.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Dbl stupid. Iphone
edit on 8/28/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I do find it interesting that the idea of a racist cop seems to live within areas that are run by Progressives and Dems.

Well, that friendship lasted about two seconds. LOL

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Continually pointing out the color of ones skin does nothing to unify

No one is suggesting that we continually point out skin color.

You're white and I'm black continues the division.

You're a man and I'm a woman. Does that continue division? Please answer.

If you say black power. It's ok. If you say white power. You're a racist

Have white people been oppressed in this country's history? You clearly don't understand what I've written at all.

Being black is what they were oppressed for, so THAT quality is now what they are proud of. They were oppressed BECAUSE of their race, so their race is their focus.

The same can be said for any of these groups. Why does sexuality matter? It doesn't. UNLESS you have been oppressed for your sexuality! That's why gay people are so damned intent on being PROUD of their sexuality (and I support them!). That's why they have parades about it and celebrate it.

The racial division will stop when people stop insisting that people see the color of their skin.

It will only stop when everyone is treated equally. You can repeat your statement all you like. But that doesn't make it true.
edit on 8/28/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join