It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Strange Story Of An Artist With Pineal Cancer

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
this is fascinating, but i would definitely like to see samples of his art before and after learning of his cancer... the question is, did intellect drive his art or the cancer....for example when did the eye begin appearing?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Awesome art, but likely a coincidence. He was already using psychedelics regularly to treat his depression. Any artist that does psychedelics usually ends up painting stuff like this.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Brain cancer is serious, not a path to spirituality. Get over yourselves.

These are the symptoms for pineal cancer, none of which include enlightenment or oneness.

Symptoms of tumours in the pineal region are usually due to increased pressure within the skull (raised intracranial pressure). This may be because of a blockage in the ventricles (fluid-filled spaces) of the brain, which leads to a build-up of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). CSF is the fluid that surrounds and protects the brain and spinal cord. This increased pressure may also be caused by swelling from the tumour itself.

The first sign of this type of tumour in children is often hydrocephalus (water on the brain), which can cause enlargement of the skull. Other symptoms are likely to be headaches, vomiting (sickness) and sight problems. Children are often tired and irritable.

The tumour may cause difficulty in looking upwards, or focusing on close objects.

Symptoms may be caused by the tumour pressing on surrounding areas of the brain, such as the cerebellum. This will lead to problems with coordination and balance. People often have difficulty walking and may appear to stumble or walk awkwardly.

Germ cell tumours in the pineal region may also involve the pituitary gland and cause delayed puberty in teenagers, or other hormonal difficulties.

Pineal-region Tumours

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I have to agree with you. His art is really nothing special. Very pleasing to the eye, yes, but looks more like doodles. I think he's trying for a "mystic" interpretation to what he does to make his paintings more valuable.

I wish him well, but my point of view has always been, if I can do it, it's not art. And I could probably produce something like his works

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: darkstar57

Agreed. I'd like to see before and after. I think the art is reflective of other artists, but also of maybe we all see deep within our minds eye.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
This is so cool.
Maybe a little evidence for people who refuse to believe
the pineal is important to our spirituality/whatever-you-want-to-call-it

Personally I'm seeing the opposite scenario here.

This might actually prove that the pineal gland isn't the "seat of the soul" or whatever. Think of it like this, the pineal gland is responsible for releasing D.M.T isn't it? Causing us to dream. Dreams are generally arcane and nonsensical, much like this art. So this could very well imply that his cancer more or less caused his pineal gland to malfunction and release too much D.M.T, and at times when it isn't supposed to be released. The result: This guy is high on his own brain chemicals due to a health problem and makes weird mysterious looking art because he's pretty much in a dream state while he's awake. It's probably just a gland malfunction, no different to somebody who has an adrenal gland disorder, and their adrenal glands go haywire and produce too much adrenaline at inappropriate times.

lol seriously ATS? You're censoring the word D.M.T and it wasn't even a reference to the illicit substance. It's a chemical that the brain produces. Silly conservatives.
edit on 31-8-2014 by Xaphan because: Had to bypass the silly censor, like the dissident that I am

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
S&F

I like the works that have self-portraits embedded in them.

I, also, would like to know if he is healthy and feeling well now.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Thanks so much for posting this OP
I found it to be very enlightening...
Definitely reminds me of a certain something.
Wow.

I am also wondering how is this guy Shawn doing now?? I saw the scar...ouch.
edit on 991414 by Eliyahu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join