It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Strange Story Of An Artist With Pineal Cancer

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Not really sure where to put this a fascinating and colourful story of an artist with cancer of the pineal gland. As many here know already the pineal gland is often refeered to the the seat of the soul or the third eye.

Whilst at art school Shawn Thornton unknowingly had cancer of the pineal gland. As his cancer progressed his art became more mystical. A lot of the art depicts symbology and biology related to the pineal gland.

I suffered from a slow growing cancer in my pineal gland while I attended art school and during subsequent years while my paintings developed with an underlined mythology that alluded directly to the pineal years before I even know of its existence.

the-nexian.me...

Some of his other art can be seen here and is well worth a look..
www.flickr.com...

purp..)

edit on 27-8-2014 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
For my non mystically educated mind, its almost like his subconscious was speaking to him.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

WoW, this was amazing. Great Find!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This is so cool.
Maybe a little evidence for people who refuse to believe
the pineal is important to our spirituality/whatever-you-want-to-call-it

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Fascinating! One might wonder if this art is inspired by instinct rather than intellect, or a weird but glamourous forging of the two. These pictures are certainly interesting nonetheless, considering his condition and the things associated with the pineal gland.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Wow! His art is out of this world! Reminded me of Alex Grey's art, but Shawn's artwork is much more complex. Alex's art is based on aided mystical experiences and Shawn's is based on a natural mystical experiences. Lots of similarities in their art, super interesting...

This one is pretty wild, he titled it Scrying into a Cryptogram

A piece by Alex Grey titled Lightweaver

Interesting story, wonder what are some of the things he saw and how similar it is to that stuff that may or may not be released from the pineal gland. I believe that stuff occurs naturally in our third eye, look at that artwork...it's very similar to what that stuff produces visually.
edit on 27-8-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta add images

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

It looks to me like the pineal gland is a link between this universe and another place..

purp..

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Interesting find!

What really strikes is that there is no chaos all are very strictly in their place.. like a computer PCB

Maybe we are just a part of the machinery.. kinda sux lol

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
His work looks pretty chaotic. I'm torn on my impression of it as I like it and i dont.

It doesnt necisarily mean anything though like some of you are suggesting. The guy even said he has psychobilin mushrooms he uses for depression. Did you people overlook that? Hes done hallucinogenic drugs so that cant be ruled out as an influence. Also it should be noted '___' is not proven to be found in the pineal it just shows up in the body sometimes but its a mystery where or if it even does anything aside from just hallucinations. It could have had some influence on vividness of dreams as having cancer in a gland can make them overactive and whatnot but not necessarily influence his art directly.

There are people with their pineal glands removed that still function normally. Based on those pictures on flickr im going to presume he may have had his pineal removed now or at least part of it. I cant seem to find info on him if thats the case or not.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I think the same it looks like some kind of machinery on a level that we do not understand..

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this artist's work. Really fascinating imagery.

The symbology embedded within his paintings is easily recognized, but the overall effect is stunningly colourful and complicated.
edit on 27/8/14 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The human body comes with inbuilt wireless. Cool

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Awesome find purp...

Truly intriguing pieces he came out with. Clearly his artistic expression was trying to tell him something. Looks like he has been on some good travels.......!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Oh damn.....I've been there....to that place. It is......simply inexplicable.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

We have been told for so long that the pineal gland is the 'third eye', the 'centre of consciousness, etc..etc...

I tend to think 180 degrees to mainstream 'thought'.

My hypothesis is that the pineal gland is actually the organ of control, of our enslavement to this 3d/time realm. (or whatever)

The ball and chain for our minds.

Examples like this tend to support said hypothesis.

Now lets see how strongly your gland riles to this thought.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka
I had the same impression. Some of his paintings reminded me of an elaborate motherboard.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I've seen the stuff he paints!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
This is so cool.
Maybe a little evidence for people who refuse to believe
the pineal is important to our spirituality/whatever-you-want-to-call-it

As the cancer progressed, the damage to the pineal became greater.

This shows the inverse relationship of the pineal to 'spirituality'.

It would more likely indicate that the rest of the brain is a source of 'spirituality' (and this would be supported by the results of transcranial magnetic stimulation) and that the pineal is an inhibitor.

edit on 28/8/2014 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
Not really sure where to put this a fascinating and colourful story of an artist with cancer of the pineal gland. As many here know already the pineal gland is often refeered to the the seat of the soul or the third eye.

Whilst at art school Shawn Thornton unknowingly had cancer of the pineal gland. As his cancer progressed his art became more mystical. A lot of the art depicts symbology and biology related to the pineal gland.

I suffered from a slow growing cancer in my pineal gland while I attended art school and during subsequent years while my paintings developed with an underlined mythology that alluded directly to the pineal years before I even know of its existence.

the-nexian.me...

Some of his other art can be seen here and is well worth a look..
www.flickr.com...

purp..)

so all he did was aztek stuff?

stuff that everyone has seen before?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join