It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Request For Someone To Make Whitepeoplemeet.com

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheOneElectric
OP, you're not too intelligent. You should look up online dating reply and date statistics to see why there is a black people meet in the first place. It's not because "to hell with whitey" it's more because "no one else wants us, so we might as well cut the pretense and cater to people who want to meet black people.

Okcupid does a nice job in keeping the statistics transparent.

blog.okcupid.com...

Here are some more facts:

I don't know, maybe next time you should do a bit of research first before getting your hidden racism all riled up.

Wow, you were able to determine my level of intelligence and my 'hidden racism' from two paragraphs in which I suggested that replacing the name of one race with the name of another race should be viewed the same, regardless of which of the racial labels you use...hats off to you, that's incredible. You must be remarkably intelligent.

edit on 27-8-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

Tongue and cheek, buddy. You should try lightening up about this whole experience. It's only life, man. It's not like it's anything serious. Have some fun. In regards to my content, I'm serious about the research. There is a reason for certain sites. There's a similar situation ongoing with Christian mingle, but that exists to screen candidates. These specialized sites exist for a reason, and maybe...just maybe it may not be "hah, we're minorites and get to do whatever we want, to hell with the white man" Again, I'd encourage you to do some research on the topic.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

www.whitepeoplemeet.us...

... heh ... the video... heh...

"racially aware" ???????????

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
They did it's called Eharmony.com

Correction...it's Farmersonly.com

Don't lie... u know the jingle...

U don't have to be lonely at farmers only.com

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheOneElectric

Tongue and cheek, buddy. You should try lightening up about this whole experience. It's only life, man. It's not like it's anything serious. Have some fun. In regards to my content, I'm serious about the research. There is a reason for certain sites. There's a similar situation ongoing with Christian mingle, but that exists to screen candidates. These specialized sites exist for a reason, and maybe...just maybe it may not be "hah, we're minorites and get to do whatever we want, to hell with the white man" Again, I'd encourage you to do some research on the topic.

Why would I research dating site statistics? Jeez, people are already suggesting I'm taking this too seriously by making a simple observation. I really have no interest in researching dating site statistics...and I'm sorry, whatever racial statistics exist about online dating sites...are not that relevant...it's the principle of the thing...that's like saying it's ok to racially profile on the basis of crime statistics...on principle, racial profiling is wrong...on principle, ANY scenario in which what is ok for one race is not ok for another race, is wrong...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Ya why should you research the topic you are pointing out.
If you did you would have seen there is a whitepeoplemeet site, which defeats the whole point of this thread.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Ya why should you research the topic you are pointing out.
If you did you would have seen there is a whitepeoplemeet site, which defeats the whole point of this thread.

Well, there are currently 0 active users on that site, so it's not quite the same as a site that gets advertised on national television...a site with 0 active users is probably not going to be on the radar of anyone, lol, which is why no one cares. If it was an actual big thing, being advertised on TV, people would be offended...you can't be offended by that which you've never heard of, and is irrelevant to the point of practically no one using it.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
And by the way, seeing the existence of a site called 'whitepeoplemeet,' I actually did find it offensive...it's no more offensive than 'blackpeoplemeet,' though. At least 'whitepeoplemeet' is basically an unused site, whereas 'blackpeoplemeet' gets advertised on national television.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Maybe whitepeoplemeet should do more advertising then.

Just sayin

ETA
By the way, I don't find it offensive at all. Nor do I find blackpeoplemeet offensive. Now, if their was a latinosmeet (which I'm sure exists), then I think it would be flooded...maybe (I'm just kidding, I don't know... I've been married for 22 years to another mixed person like me). I found him without making mixedpeoplemeet...which is a pretty good damed idea!

Listen, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and if someone wants to visit a dating site out of their race than hell, go ahead. But, simply because an ethnicity/race precedes ".com", should not be grounds for yelling "it's offensive" or "what if we did that?". That's kind of narrow minded and ridiculous IMO

You should start one...I'll bet cha' make tons of cash.

Cha Ching

edit on 8/28/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
It's like. I would never feel comfortable saying 'I'll only date white people.' It may even be true that there is the greatest chance that I will date a white girl. But I wouldn't feel comfortable saying 'if you're not white, I'm not interested.' Idk. That feels wrong. Guess it's just me.
edit on 28-8-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney
It's like. I would never feel comfortable saying 'I'll only date white people.' It may even be true that there is the greatest chance that I will date a white girl. But I wouldn't feel comfortable saying 'if you're not white, I'm not interested.' Idk. That feels wrong. Guess it's just me.

Nope not wrong...but if they're not brown/white/black/red/yellow/green/purple etc and you're not interested, then no harm no foul. But, it's certainly not racist to have a website preceded with whatever ethnicity chooses __________.com.

However......I did just register mixedpeoplemeet...lmao and It's now for sale folks!

WHOIS
edit on 8/28/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePublicEnemyNo1

Nope not wrong...

Well, in your opinion. I personally do feel it is wrong to say you would only date someone of a certain race.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
As soon as i saw the threads title, went for it and tried to register it.

As others have noticed, it's not available.

Funny thing is, the domain is affiliated with match.com (Same thing with blackpeoplemeet.com)

Domain Name: whitepeoplemeet.com
Updated Date: 2014-08-24T04:00:43-0700
Creation Date: 2004-08-03T15:04:13-0700
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-08-03T15:04:13-0700
Registrant Name: Host Master
Registrant Organization: Match.com SN, LLC
Registrant Email: [email protected]
Name Server: ns-orig3.match.com

And funny thing is, (expected tho!)

Domain Name: blackpeoplemeet.com
Updated Date: 2014-08-24T04:00:20-0700
Creation Date: 2002-09-04T08:41:24-0700
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-09-04T08:42:00-0700
Registrant Name: Host Master
Registrant Organization: People Media, Inc.
Registrant Email: [email protected]
Name Server: usw1.akam.net

More info at any whois-services.

FUNNY AS HELL!
edit on 08America/Chicago88America/Chicago836 by menneni because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Nope not wrong...

Well, in your opinion. I personally do feel it is wrong to say you would only date someone of a certain race.

What's wrong with that? You may have some guilt you might want to look at. What that is, I don't know. I see nothing wrong with people that are particular to a certain race. I do think it's narrow minded.

Hey...if the shoe fits wear it. When I was single, I dated every single color of our racial rainbow with not one regret because of race and it was fun...tons of fun!

You may subconsciously be appointing certain stigma(s) to certain races. But, you have to ask yourself, "Is It That Serious"? Then ask yourself, "Why Do I Do This?", followed by, "Can/Do I like/love this person?"

I think Asians can't drive worth a crap...but have I dated any yes. I think Black guys are whimpy, aggressive and possessive, have I dated any, yes. I think White guys are possessive, aggressive and whimpy. Have I dated any, yes. I think Mexicans are sexed crazed, possessive maniacs. Have I dated any? Yes.

I could go on and on and on about my personal experiences, but in the end it's your self respect, character of being and knowing who you are as a person that will define who you go out with. You shouldn't dictate that by race.

That's just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

You may subconsciously be appointing certain stigma(s) to certain races.

I'm more than a little confused at how saying 'you shouldn't choose who you date based on race' means I've appointed certain stigmas to certain races.

I think Asians can't drive worth a crap...but have I dated any yes. I think Black guys are whimpy, aggressive and possessive, have I dated any, yes. I think White guys are possessive, aggressive and whimpy. Have I dated any, yes. I think Mexicans are sexed crazed, possessive maniacs. Have I dated any? Yes.

lol. Perhaps the fact that you're openly stereotyping races explains some things...

You shouldn't dictate that by race.

Again, I'm explicitly saying your dating shouldn't be dictated by race, so I'm confused at why you're saying I shouldn't dictate something by race...since I'm saying the opposite...

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Very well. What I'm saying is that we all think one thing or another about a race at some point in time in our lives and for some...forever. By stating what I thought of my dating experiences is simply saying, that those stigmas that I attributed to those races were insignificant in the end. I was also illustrating how silly my stigmas "were".

Hey listen, if you choose to date one race or the same race as your own, then the best of luck to you and you should. I'm just saying don't go into a relationship thinking that you know how "they are", simply because your race may differ if you're dating a race other than yours.

I already did those things, so I was speaking from experience. That's what I was trying to explain and yet I had great times even though I "thought this or that" about them and their race.

As stated before, I decided to marry someone extremely similar to me...he's mixed. That was based on the fact that we understood each other, respect each other and eventually fell in love.

That's all

ETA
I'm going to admit, I possibly may have misunderstood what you were saying. Most of the times you were as clear as I was and that's not saying much
edit on 8/28/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: ETA

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Doesn't others find it interesting that those domains, blackpeoplemeet.com AND whitepeoplemeet.com are owned by same group, or at least affiliated by?

I find it funny that they put a LOT more effort on BPM.com than WPM.com.

Same group owns these brands:

About.com
Ask.com
Dictionary.com
Electus.com
Investopedia.com
Homeadvisor.com
Meetic Group
OkCupid
Peoplemedia
Shoebuy.com
Tutor.com
Tinder
Vimeo
Pricerunner

Among others...

So, they are not just any entrepreneur looking for quick buck

x)

edit:

after i saw this, i'm losing my mind over the possibilities over the BIG DATA offering from that network. Just imagine! Worth billions!
edit on 08America/Chicago88America/Chicago811 by menneni because: bigdata

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I know everyone will come up with answers like "we already have a white peoples education fund....it's called every current scholarship system out there." I understand what the o.p. is saying, we COULD NOT have something that is named in the way other "minorities" have their versions named. Is there a white people xxxxx or caucasion xxxxx?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join