It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Otter Eating At The Table

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Sometimes amid all discussion of doom & gloom and political insanity, it's good to take a break to watch an adorable (yea, I'm man enough to say it!) animal doing his best impression of human civility.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Omg that was great!

It does leave me with the question of why there is an otter in a house tho

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Inhumane!
No cushy couch!
No drink at hand!
And it can't watch the TV from that position.
And that is not even taking into consideration the ordeals of the floppy-eared rabbit in the aquarium.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Otters are the coolest members of the weasel family, IMHO.

Other weasels wish they could be so cool.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

If I'm not mistaken that's a loris in the background and he looks like he's not appreciating the lack of a dinner invite at all.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
He stuck his nose in it, but opted to still use his hands to eat. funny. I have a ferret. They're similar, but after watching this, I want an otter.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Some problems with his manners. You take the bowl to the couch and lay down while you eat, not lay on the table. Also, he isn't having a cup of coffee with his meal. He may have Fins but he is no Finn.

S&F cute video.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Way too freakin cute! I love to watch the antics of otters. While visiting a local wildlife park with my family, we were so amazed to see three of them in what appeared to be actual posing for the visitors to take photos! All three would pose, then switch positions, pose again...dive into the water, pose again...so adorable!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!

How freaking cute is that??

S&F for the share and the smile it gave me.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Lying on the table or not, he has better table manners than many people I've witnessed while out dinning over the years.

Now, what was the other little critter in the background?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I LOVE otters!! Seems whoever owns it, owns other exotic pets as well, with that other critter in the background. Is this someone's home or some kind of rescue center? Adorable as hell!!!! Thank you!!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Lying on the table or not, he has better table manners than many people I've witnessed while out dinning over the years.

Now, what was the other little critter in the background?

I think it might be a Slow Loris:

Which I was trying to push out of my head because the trade in these little guys is terrible and not at in line with the comical nature of seeing an otter eating at a table. The Slow Loris is basically so adorable that it's dangerous to the species' survival.
edit on 2014-8-27 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Otters are incredibly cute! And this one has such nice table manners. Even getting up on the table and eating on his back, this otter definitely has better table manners than some people I've seen.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I loved the otter what a happy chappy but the Slow Loris - what is that and how utterly adorable.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
He be like.............I sure like my kibble.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Great video, both Otter & Loris are splendid creatures, but personally I would rather see them in their "natural" habitats, or, at least an enclosure that mimics the environment that they have evolved to occupy.

With regards to the Loris- despite being adorable, these things have crazy venomous spikes that ooze a foul smelling toxin on their elbows - the animal then licks his elbows before biting his prey! It is quite sad that Loris' being sold as pets usually have these spikes removed, in a procedure that makes Feline de-clawing procedures sound fun.

Link: www.slowlorispet.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
why would he eat off the table when he has a perfectly good tummy to eat off of!? This is the dawning of the sea otter!

(from south park)

top topics

join