Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

UN panel: Global warming human-caused, dangerous

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Global warming already dangerous, risks being irreversible, says new UN global warming report

Global warming is here, human-caused and probably already dangerous — and it's increasingly likely that the heating trend could be irreversible, a draft of a new international science report says.

The 127-page draft, obtained by The Associated Press, paints a harsh warning of what's causing global warming and what it will do to humans and the environment. It also describes what can be done about it.

"Continued emission of greenhouse gases will cause further warming and long-lasting changes in all components of the climate system, increasing the likelihood of severe, pervasive and irreversible impacts for people and ecosystems," the report says. The final report will be issued after governments and scientists go over the draft line by line in an October conference in Copenhagen.

Is this what we should expect? If you remember, "Global Warming" caused this. lol

So, who wants to start the debate first? lol My opinion is this: The earth is going to do, what the earth is going to do. Earth isn't the problem. Stupid people are! Stupid, in the fact, that they build nuclear reactors on a shore line. Stupid in the fact that they feed us BS and want to tax us for the emissions. lol Stupid, in the fact, that they know there are "other" natural ways to make fuel, but would rather use the stuff we eat to fuel something we need to drive. You know, just plain ole stupid. But hey, let's keep cutting down the trees that keep our air clean; so we can drive around in our fancy automobiles; as we fill her up; and pay for it, with paper made from trees, that keep our air clean.

I hope i got all my commas and semi-colons in the right places because i'm just plain ole stupid. lmfao

Oh, and

the final report will be issued after governments and scientists go over the draft line by line in an October conference in Copenhagen.

Yeah, sure. They're gonna go over 127 pages worth of mumbo jumbo, line by line? hahahhahaha That might take a while. lol
edit on 108WedamAugam8 by ImDaMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The first paragragh has the words," probably, likely and could".

Annd people wonder why some of us doubt that crap?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ImDaMan

One thing I liked that most GW proponents missed in the movie "The Day After Tomorrow" was how the woolly mammoth had been flash frozen with food still in his stomach from much the same type of storm, presumably long before the industrial revolution. So even in a movie all about the hype, they menages to throw in a bone for the common sense crowd of cyclical cause.

But to be fair, I don't think anyone can say for sure if there is a threat or not. We just haven't been around long enough and collected enough data to know anything for sure. The models have proved that over and over again. In the mean time, clean up emissions, find a better fuel source, and plant more trees. None of that would be a bad thing and it seems it would make almost everyone happy.

But a good old mud brawl over who is right and who is wrong will always be the end result. Ego trumps logic.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I have no doubt it is occurring I just think the majority of it is natural..

They would get much further if they stopped the hysterical stance and started pushing it as what it is... natural occurrence, mankind influenced event that will cause us problems we have to prepare for.

Least in my humble opinion.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Whooo HOOOO!!!!
I'm causing the earth to completely fall apart, and will be the death of everyone!!!!!!!!!

If I'm going to be called the devil, I might as well start embracing it!!!

Not sure how I pulled those big changes off thousands of years ago, but I'll take credit for them too.

edit on 27-8-2014 by chiefsmom because: I REALLY WANT AN EYEROLL EMO!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

If its that dangerous than maybe the UN should start putting pressure on the biggest greenhouse contributors (multinational coporations)..to.. ah..stop treating the world like a toilet bowl.

I wont hold my breath for that to happen.

As usual, it will be the commoners fault.

Im sorry. Ill reverse this problem. Ill start holding my breath and Ill quit farting.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Anything we do impacts something else so to say we aren't influencing any of this natural change at lacks common sense. I think it would happen without us but we are certainly helping it along. If they are reading the draft in Oct we can expect a response sometime in 2025.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Yes, our earthly environment changes over time through natural cycles.
And yes, some species,over significant amounts of time make their local environments inhospitable to themselves.
Denying either of these points or bickering over them is a careless approach to dealing with the possible situation in which we find ourselves at the present time.

We need to define our debate on this issue. Drop all of the possible causes and focus on the climate patterns we are seeing right now and compare them with climate patterns of which we have record. Are they different? Do they appear to be unstable to a degree that the flow of human progress can be sidetracked, stunted or reversed?

If the answer is no then I salute those who hold out against the carbon-state monopoly that some are preparing for.
If the answer is yes, then in either case, cyclical or human caused, we need to learn to adapt to the coming changes.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Quick, let's all introduce a carbon tax and all will work out just fine.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImDaMan

Global warming is here, human-caused and probably already dangerous — and it's increasingly likely that the heating trend could be irreversible, a draft of a new international science report says.

Bullcrap.

They've already been caught lying multiple times. How do people still believe this crap?

This is about politicians instating a new tax/ponzi scheme. Period.
edit on 27-8-2014 by pianopraze because: fixing formating

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
When the Un supports something you believe, you might want to reconsider your position

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavedweller88

The key word there is expert.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
In my thinking the people in the UN have families too. They are human and don't want to see their own offspring in jeopardy any more than any of us. It isn't the UN saying this, it's scientists who brief the council, who has influence over decisions for all of us.

A tax won't fix it since we can't buy our way out of it. To tax in order to dissuade people from using works but it would never be enough. They need to convert to cleaner fuels so this will involve big corps. Not so much us. It is "the people" worldwide who use the energy produced, that causes the pollution, so griping about doing our part makes little sense to me. Big corp will take the biggest hit (or be innovative), but we will have to do something too. We don't like it when government takes over to fix things and then takes control, but also don't want to have to participate in the solution due to inconveniences. It can't be both ways. If people don't like what they are doing they should get involved in a bigger way.
edit on 27-8-2014 by Dianec because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I remember global cooling.. and then it was global warming... both said we must act now or we will all be dead in 20-30 years..

Now like I said earlier.. I believe it is happening, but I also believe it is a natural cycle of the planet, with some influence from us... I don't see how the majority of the plans I have read could stop and or reverse things without making it exponentially worse for the majority of the populace.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
" UN panel: Global warming human-caused, dangerous "

Sounds like a Progressive banker scam.

Always blame somebody and make them pay.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It is the carbon tax that is a con. The tax is immediately passed on to the consumer and it is business as usual for the companies. This was shown in the UK recently when in an effort to appease public opinion over soaring energy bills they froze the carbon tax and the companies lowered bills by the same amount. If global warming is real, and I think it is, no one is going to do anything about it.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: cavedweller88

True but it doesn't matter that much what you or I believe..

Even without doubt that we are the biggest reason for the current climate change, with knowing that for 100% certainty we still wouldn't do enough or people care enough, it's just a 2 big of a problem.
Governments biggest concern is money and fighting this would cost money, not generate money and they basically listen to big money, not meaningless people like you or me

There isn't a solution really so just fasten your seatbelts, it will be a hell of a ride.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The UN should start to us about everything else as well. They seem clueless.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

A quick stroll through this thread shows me two things:

1. Many don't understand how the scientific method actually works and rely more on external interpretations of the repeat observations which may be subject to bias.
2. The subject is so politicized that if the predictions are accurate, we're all screwed anyways.

We have a long history of doing dumb things. Like rebuilding cities on known seismically active zones or along meandering riverbanks. Humanity has a bit of hypocritical arrogance to it. On one hand, they are masters of nature where technology can overcome all of its forces while at the same time, claiming total non-involvement for anything going on within the bubble that we live in that happens to be called "Earth".

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join