It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tim Hortons, Burger King agree to merger deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Tim Hortons has agreed to be bought by the company that owns Burger King in a deal that could culminate in the world's third largest fast-food company.

The deal is structured as follows:

3G Capital, the investment firm that owns Burger King, would pay $65.50 in cash for every Tim Hortons share already out there.

In addition to that cash, every Tim Hortons shareholder would get 0.8025 shares in the new, as yet unnamed company.

Shareholders also would have the right to choose an all-cash or all-stock option.

Source

edit on 27/8/2014 by ProphetZoroaster because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/8/2014 by ProphetZoroaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I guess King Tim it is.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I now wait for the Canadians to post their outrage of being one step closer to being apart of the US.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm quite surprised.
Most Burger King's have been closed down recently here in Canada to the point I thought they we're done for...

Now this?

It smells like a fishy way of doing economics.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This merger made me wonder.
If the big corporations are raping us all and not paying their fair share in the US, why is it attractive for them to move their corporate headquarters outside of the US?

The correct answer is that the corporate tax rates are lower in other countries.

So are you Canucks facilitating the corporate rape of US citizens?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
They are moving the company to Canada to pay less Tax.
It will be a Canadian company.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
All the more reason to avoid both of these entities.

Yes, I am anti Timmies ever since they went all corporate on us Canucks and stopped making their donuts in house.
Yes, I am anti Burger King ever since I was offered a management position in one of their restaurants and was nearly sick to my stomach at the piss poor sanitary conditions I found on my first visit, and was then told that this was cleclean.

Now that they are one I wonder which will win out... corporate penny pinching or sloppiness.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ProphetZoroaster
More like Burger [snip]

Corporations, always trying to get out of paying their Fair Share and always will. Time to rebuild America and support American Companies who pay Taxes if their are any left.

Boycott BurgerCrap and Rim Horton's. Cancer Food anyways.

edit on 8/27/2014 by 12m8keall2c because: [snip] vulgar language - warned

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I don't eat either of these companies poison either.

Speak with your money. Support companies that you want to see stay in business.
edit on 27-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
If it'll improve service I'm all for it.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
I don't eat either of these companies poison either.

Speak with your money. Support companies that you want to see stay in business.

It's beyond money. There is no speaking with your money. Citizens don't have enough money to compete with their Congressional lobbying.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
This merger made me wonder.
If the big corporations are raping us all and not paying their fair share in the US, why is it attractive for them to move their corporate headquarters outside of the US?

The correct answer is that the corporate tax rates are lower in other countries.

So are you Canucks facilitating the corporate rape of US citizens?

That is true...but there's more than just tax rates. There's a loophole in the new Obama healthcare that allows foreign corps not to be required to give health insurance to employees. The employees would have to deal directly with healthcare insurances.

Healthcare insurance got cheaper and it's because the new law forces every American that is working to buy their own insurance. If you don't you will pay a penalty by the IRS. That penalty will go towards the government giving healthcare assistance.

This puts pressure on every American to buy health insurance even you don't want to use it or never want to go to a hospital. The system is socialized so you're paying for other's healthcare and your own. The healthcare insurance companies will make record profits if most don't end up going to a hospital. They will make such record profits.

If you're broke then you legally don't need to buy health insurance.
So, in the U.S is you're a domestic company then you're required by law to offer insurance packages. The end user can shop around and if they find a better deal they can buy their own insurance or go with the companies plan.

However, by law the company is required to provide such insurance if they have more than 10 employees in the U.S.

However, Foreign corps makes it optional. You can offer insurance packages if you want. However, if you legally don't reside your headquarters inside the U.S you legally are not required to provide health insurance when you have more than 10 employees in the U.S.

This was created in an effort to encourage companies outside the U.S to come here and make investments. Start businesses or bring their business here. It's to try and stimulate the economy to increase jobs. Yet, even if these people got the jobs the healthcare expense will fall on their hands and not the company.

top topics

join