It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RE: Flash movie with CSS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Could anyone give me some advice or suggestions; I'm trying to imbed a short original Flash movie into a web site. I'm using Cascading Style Sheets.

Also, does anyone know where I might be able to download a short movie clip with a country western theme that I would be allowed to use. This is for a course project.

Thanks all....

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
If you want to embed a flash movie, just embed it using the EMBED tags.

[edit on 5-12-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If you're serious DreamLandMafia, Thanks; but I need a more profound and meaningful answer....also congratulations! because I haven't met anyone else who has heard of "Embed Tags". I can't find the term in Web Design Technologies (a college level text) either.

I know that to insert the file you open the respective page in Dreamweaver, click on the insert menu then go down to I think the 3rd or 4th option and click, etc etc.

My dilemma is: I'm trying to find a suitable (and free) video clip to insert into a Web Page project. This has to have a country western theme because it will promote a theortical dinner/dance/club....wine/women/song
that sort of thing. I need something pretty decent because it's more or less family oriented. I've already did a google search under "nice girls". [Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy!!!] unfortunately what was offered there is a bit risque for what I'm attempting to put together.

If I find one does it have to be created as a .swf file or can I download a suitable clip, save it with a .swf extension and insert it? Will Embed tags do all of that? (just kidding...I appreciate your interest)

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Just gotta find the SWF file that you want, and upload it to the same Directory that has the HTML file that your embeding it into.

Your "college level text" must suck then...

And as proof that this works...Lil Example

[edit on 6-12-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Thank you for the information DreamLandMafia, I really appreciate it. The text that I'm using, identified in my last post, doesn't mention embed tags in the index or glossary. I was working with the Macromedia Suite of Applications: Dreamweaver MX, Flash MX, Fireworks MX and Adobe Photoshop 7.
With these tools available, to insert a flash video, you open with Dreamweaver, click in the document at the location where you desire to embed the file, then go to Insert Menu drop down to Media follow the directional arrow to the right and click on Flash.
This is my first return to this thread since my earlier post and I've since learned that whatever you download to insert as the required .swf file, it must already be in the .swf format. It is not possible to download a clip and merely change the file extension (which I asked about earlier) and expect it to work; it won't.

I hope our posts will help anyone else who views, is interested or is as frustrated as I was. Also I discovered a terrific website for anyone needing what I was seeking for my project at the start of this thread:

www.flashkit.com...

A friend of mine did this:

www.flashvideo.tv...

Thank you for your posts and all the information you've shared regarding embed tags

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hi,

is working here -

Films.Gb video production

We tried to keep these pages very clean - no inline css just external., but the best solution we have so far to flash incorporation is to use a div container and call the swf file via 'embed'.

It works but the xhtml it doesn't validate - which is annoying....still the devil drives when needs must as they say.

new topics

top topics

join