It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP candidate: Colorado gay congressman will behead Christians who don’t worship sodomy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Jeez, Mr. Klingenschmitt, YOU are one big "hyperbole". No, Mr Klingenschmitt, you're just one big hyperBULLe.

Ya ever read The Declaration of Independence, where it says "We hold these truths"? Truths! Truths, Mr. Klingenschmitt, not hyperbole; Americans are getting mighty tired of "hyperbole". The GOP unleashed the hyperbole hounds years ago, and now is finding it hard to call them back.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Yeah we've been sharpening our machetes for years...

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
olaru, this thread is actually a PSA and could save a life! I've emailed former GOP governor Bob McDonald to watch his neck, because it turns out he's living with one of those homodemons! "Bob, for God's sake, check out this man's closet, and get rid of the cutlery!"
Grifty Gov. Bob McDonnell Hanging Out In Gay Priest’s Rectory

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The funny, (sad), thing about this is that many, many people won't pick-up on the 'hyperbole'. That's because the preferred news source of most of the easily influenced, is FOX'NEWS', which promotes these idiotic schools of thought 24/7. Like I said, funny (sad).

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I think Mr. Klingenschmitt just learned a new word - a word somebody probably had to teach him after he started getting some feedback on his cute and funny email

And totally inappropriate in a political campaign. Is the GOP so desperate that this is an example of political discourse.

They're desperate enough to accuse the Dems of having murder in their hearts. Murderous anti-Christian gays no less

You would have thought some people couldn't possibly hate them any more than they already do - but here we go...

All in good humor - of course

Despicable and dumb

But you know what? I think his constituents are smarter than he is - and better than this. They would almost have to be

edit on 8/28/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I still assert that he wasn't using hyperbole.

Hyperbole is used for effect along the lines of something like "you've grown like a weed" or "these packages weigh a ton."

Klingenschmitt was spewing the garden-variety rhetoric common to his political brand, and when he got caught, some coward publicist encouraged him to try to spin the statement.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Really? That is an infection? A little hyperbole of your own I take it?

One could argue that hyperbole is being used by Homosexuals today. Gay marriage is at the top of their agenda but the bigger crisis in the homosexual community is the ever increasing rates of HIV infections. They are not decreasing after all this time. I think arguing you demand your civil rights BUT ignore your behavior at the expense of the health and welfare of the rest of humanity or others CIVIL RIGHTS is extreme hyperbole.

Do we not have a right for HIV not to morph into something more dreadful? How do homosexuals know they are not on the verge of creating a super epidemic?

Here is a little ditty from a loving Homosexual dying of AIDS aka GRID...

"There has come the idea that if research money (for AIDS) is not forthcoming at a certain level by a certain date, all gay males should give blood.... What ever action is required to get national attention is valid. If that includes blood terrorism, so be it.

Dallas Gay News, May 20, 1983"

blood terrorism? hyperbole, hypocrisy, careless, ect..

At least this guy in this video isn't killing anyone but homosexuals have and do kill with what they perpetrate on the rest of society with their INFECTIONS.

Hope that wasn't too snarky..

edit on 29-8-2014 by truckdriver42 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance..baffle them with bullsh#t.

Not sure its a strategy that works for them..I will give them consistancy though.
edit on 30-8-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
Didn't the Christian God DESTROY SODOM city in the bible?

There's also quite a difference between Acceptance and Worshiping...

Or just allowing free people to live their lives without having to ask for "acceptance" from people who have no right to suggest they can give it.

There's a confusing situation in the USA it seems, as though the religious have some kind of imagined authority, that they need to "allow" other people to live their lives how they wish and love who they want to love.

Words like "tolerance" when it comes to sexuality make my blood boil. It's so arrogant it's beyond belief. I don't need to ask anyone for permission to be with who I want to be with, and live my life the way I see fit, within the confines of law.

These "Christians" are damn lucky their opinions are still "tolerated". They are anti-American, anti-Christian, anti-Human, and if anything should require "permission", it should be their cult attitudes and their attempts to preach to the entire public.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I don't think he was kidding, I think he was being completely serious until the backlash began.

Some people actually think like this. They don't think that there's anything wrong with this sort of hyperbole.

And I think this is a far reaching problem with the right wing.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: theMediator
Didn't the Christian God DESTROY SODOM city in the bible?

These "Christians" are damn lucky their opinions are still "tolerated". They are anti-American, anti-Christian, anti-Human, and if anything should require "permission", it should be their cult attitudes and their attempts to preach to the entire public.

I find this statement laughable. Did I hear you right in saying people should need permission to speak their mind? This guy says something and you say he is lucky his opinion is still tolerated? Mind you, he said something. He didn't physically do anything and cant force you to do anything...

On the other hand..

I say homosexuals are lucky they are still tolerated based on the bug chasing that is going on. Homosexuals are still among the highest risk groups for HIV infection and its growing but they are still as careless as ever. By all means, get all self righteous about what this guy SAID but IGNORE what homosexuals are PERPETRATING. I mean the homosexuals are only spreading HIV at rates still unseen in other demographics.

Your fantasy land ideas of anyone getting YOUR permission to speak their mind is laughable at best. He preaches to his flock and the homosexuals speak to theirs. You are worse than both for even thinking anyone needs your permission to speak their mind if you don't agree with what they are saying and your frail sensibilities are damaged.. boohoo..

Rolls eyes..
edit on 6-9-2014 by truckdriver42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2014 by truckdriver42 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Well homosexuals have killed more people than beheadings by religions fanatics in America. Talk about hyperbole.. Lets ignore who is killing who and jump all over someone just saying something.. LOL

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: truckdriver42
a reply to: HauntWok

Well homosexuals have killed more people than beheadings by religions fanatics in America. Talk about hyperbole.. Lets ignore who is killing who and jump all over someone just saying something.. LOL

I don't think homosexuality is just going to evaporate any time soon, so what is your suggestion and/ or solution to the problem as you perceive it?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join