It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows police shot Ohio man ‘on sight’ as he leaned on toy gun in Walmart

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Those military hand me downs should go to local militias rather than police departments.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArchPlayer

originally posted by: RedParrotHead
here's the toy gun on Walmart.com

More like a replica, so I can see someone fooled by it...the black version looks even more realistic IMO. Not sure what color this guys was playing with when he got shot & killed.

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Not buying it. ALL toy guns have flourescent orange tips now. Have for last couple years. Airguns too. Cops know they are toys by this distinct feature. Not Buying it AT ALL.
doesn't matter. Police are trained to shoot people that have guns even with the Orange tips, because criminals have begun painting the tips of the gun Orange now.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

I think it's simple to figure out what's going on.

Our military spending dwarfs everyone else's on the planet. As the military gets new toys, the old toys move downstream. So when Barney Fife and Testosterone Bubba get their hands on these new toys, bad things are destined to happen.

Throw in 911 paranoia, an extreme distaste for our cops dying in the line of fire, no meaningful accountability, a dysfunctional political system, poor economics, and social division...you get the perfect storm for civil abuses and mayhem.

Welcome to the new normal.

That is a perfect and logical explanation and I can accept it, but I also feel it's equally possibly that there is something intentional about it. People used to be reluctant to take a life and these cops can't ALL be battle hardened life takers. Are they just cowards?

The first step is prosecution equal to civilians because they don't feel that they can be put away. Instill that fear and maybe they will take it down a notch.

However I am not so sure that some of the people i've called nutters may be like 2% right. I'm not one to buy into just an conspiracy. There are very few I consider factual conspiracies that history calls conspiracy theories, but if we were on the outside looking in we would be seeing an inexplicable war against civilians, a domestic military buildup, and a potential army for who knows what.
edit on 27-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I didn't hear anything about a jury pool. He just said he saw a portion of a video. Sounded like the police showed him some video.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchPlayer

Actually no a lot of the airsoft ones don't because they do shoot (meaning don't put it to your eye and pull the trigger) and the orange tips would ruin the realism they go for.

It doesn't matter though.. This is unjustified because they cops could move people away from him, order him to drop it over the PA system and t hen watch the security footage and see that he didn't come in with it.

If a guy came in a walmart with a semi auto rifle there would be more than one person making a call.

These cops are murderers, straight up, cold blooded. Ones already back on duty, the other is on paid leave. This time I think one will be charged. He wasn't pointing it at them, he allegedly had his back to them and was on the phone, and he told him it was a toy. They kill him becuase they are effing morons.

I mean.. really.. someone tell me why they shot this man. Why they felt threatened by him?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

That's cuz I readed it and you jest watched it.
Just playing, but it's in the OP's article.

DeWine said Tuesday he was glad he had allowed Crawford’s family to view the surveillance video, but he did not plan to publicly release the video to avoid tainting the jury pool

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Simple IQ test... We would lose half of our police force... but wouldn't it be worth it?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I also read the text but must have missed a paragraph. The jury should see it anyway. Better to have potential jurors imprinting guesses and speculation then reality.

Look how well speculation has worked in Ferguson.

edit:

i also looked for other sources which were much the same. No much fact to be had.

edit on 8/27/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: frayed1
I purchased a shotgun in a Las Vegas Walmart. I paid for it in the rear of the store where the guns are. The employee informed me it was store policy for him to walk the gun to the main entrance door and hand it to me there.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

If you buy a real gun OR pellet gun at Wal-mart they come in a box and that's how you carry it out of the store. Pellet guns at Wal-Mart are sold in the sporting goods section near the real guns and NOT in the toy isle.

All the Walmarts that I've shopped had arts and crafts/fabric, about 3 isles of merchandise, right next to sporting goods, about 3 isles of merchandise, right next to the toys, about 3 isles of merchandise.

edit on 27-8-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
wasn't this man actually in the toy aisle as well? and it would be very easy to see if he was on the phone, phone records.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
Some of these BB guns are very realistic.

I think this particular gun appears to have been modeled after either the Magpul Masada ACR Airsoft rifle or the Remington ACR (Adaptive Combat Rifle)...

I believe it was actually a Crosman MK-177 Pellet-BB Multi-pump Air Rifle.

The two below videos are the Magpul Masada ACR Airsoft Rifle:

The below videos are the real Remington ACR assault rifle:

edit on 28-8-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
In a country full of guns everybody is scared of guns..go figure.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeultra
a reply to: frayed1
I purchased a shotgun in a Las Vegas Walmart. I paid for it in the rear of the store where the guns are. The employee informed me it was store policy for him to walk the gun to the main entrance door and hand it to me there.

Never buy guns at walmart. No return policy at all no matter what on guns.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne

He was on the phone. The mother heard it all, and the lawyer says the video shows it. Said he likely didn't even here or pay attention to the officers.

One is already back on duty, one on paid leave.

I really hope they release this video after the trial. Not because I want to see a man killed, because I want to see reality v.s. the fiction.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Infinitis

The police do not hire people with high iq's. I think I already posted this in this thread.

That's not a joke about police, it is a fact of life. Their excuse is that people with high IQ's are more likely to get bored and quit (despite the recession and everything.. makes total sense).

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Yes that's true that, now days, they do not hire anyone with a high IQ. Seems it's less about people being bored but more so that they are easily molded to commit actions without question as we're seeing these days.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
######## ###### #######!!!!

### #### IT!!!

edit on 28-8-2014 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
a reply to: Infinitis

The police do not hire people with high iq's. I think I already posted this in this thread.

That's not a joke about police, it is a fact of life. Their excuse is that people with high IQ's are more likely to get bored and quit (despite the recession and everything.. makes total sense).

Also people with higher IQ's are more likely to question people above them and are able to compare data better. They don't want the chance of someone causing trouble in the department.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I never bought a gun that I'd want to return. They let me check it out before I left the store. There's not much that can go wrong with a Model 500 Mossberg. You would have to deal directly with Mossberg if something went wrong with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join