It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random self authored rabble that might inspire some interesting discussion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
We are overdue for a mini ice age by what? 50k years... the Earth was temperate during the dinosaurs... and life flourished the Earth renewed... hey, the Earth does this whether we do anything or not... maybe we can speed it up, and maybe we can slow it down... but we can't stop it, if we tried and succeeded? cataclysm. Only so many fingers can fit in the figgy pudding before it falls apart. we are hanging in the balance as is... Earth warms we lose land mass... to those on the coasts? Unacceptable. The Earth cools and we have the possibility of hearkening in an ice age, that we are naturally over due for. So we are teetering on a brink, question is warmer and temperate? like perpetual summer? Or frozen? Problem is during a perpetual world summer... we'd chew through our resources very fast and well what if the tech doesn't keep up? For off world for resources or a renewable clean energy source... that we'd desperately need as our resources dwindled to virtually nil?

Well when frozen a lot of the worlds resources are locked up... these get controlled and released by whomever can grab access in the snow and ice, as this all melts tension on countries build to fight, battle and war to stake claim to the new resources thawing out shifting the worlds pecking order. Now a dilemma for humanity takes shape, yeah? If we all started in Africa as a species; we can see that when we were there and the middle east, like ants we turned the ground into sand from depleting local resources as humanity spread out... a little further more desert like the middle east mostly desert, and in this meeting place all continents combined or established by route, this access gave us the ability to spread far and wide, and over time we will turn this whole planet into a desert... so maybe just maybe we are the invasive species; slowly destroying our host... good thing about those extra orbital planets that are possibly earth like, or that new propulsion technology just when we may need it yes?

So hey lets have fun with this concept of what we do... and get out there a bit in hypothetical possibility land and do some philosophical reaching: Perhaps; we spread like locusts... devouring resources making desert planets and that's our job as a species, maybe it's what we do, and that's why we are here... just to strip mine the whole planet. So imagine if this was somehow discovered as our real purpose for being? What would we do we do with this knowledge? Would it be our just desserts because this is what we are, and just simply what we do? Turn planets into sand and squabble the whole damn time we do it, over every single last grain that isn't impoverished...

Perhaps we were planted here by a more advanced species, and being deluded to what life actually is behind the curtain, what is it that our secret overlords would be gaining from this? Would it be like a galactic 1% we know nothing about?.. and all we really do is just ignorantly bring another silica blank world into the universe, but hell maybe the bright side of that is maybe... that silicate world eventually evolves to support silicate life forms to do whatever it is they do, in the cosmic evolutionary chain of life as we off world to rinse and repeat? The parable of not building a house on sand really fits here, in more ways than one in such a reality... that is just fiction, of an over active sup-positioning imagination... so please do not take it as reality... but how weird would it be if this wasn't fiction, but indeed reality?

edit on 27-8-2014 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

We are overdue for a mini ice age by what? 50k years...

I thought humans started to strive at the ending of the last Glacial period about 10,000 years ago.

Each is said to last about 12000 years and it seems our climate is changing.

Maybe a major Ice age might be due or over due, will have a read up on it.

Interesting discussion can come from this random self authored rabble.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Perhaps; we spread like locusts... devouring resources making desert planets and that's our job as a species, maybe it's what we do, and that's why we are here... just to strip mine the whole planet. So imagine if this was somehow discovered as our real purpose for being? What would we do we do with this knowledge?

or a virus,

Our purpose is known, one can be virus or a locust devouring everything which in turn gives purpose to that which will balance the equation.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

If there's nothing but lifeless sand left after we strip out all useful materials; what exactly is being balanced in the process?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

There's been recent paleontology finds of skulls dating over a million years old, way to tired to snatch sources for you on that so please forgive me, perhaps someone else would be so kind? But those skulls are literally scratching the surface of the iceburgs tip so to speak... in my learned opinion of various sources and fields, I'm pretty sure humanity has folded in on itself in cataclysm at least 4 times based on my last reading study of core samples... it's honestly been awhile, so don't quote me on how many cycles from the cores, that's the last figure I recall reading about... that's worst thing about knowledge, about everything you've learned is outdated after a few decades making memory of such things virtually useless save for discussion or actually working in the field. Cest la futilité nes pas?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

We often expect balance to play out towards more non zero sumness for us and earth. This is a fundamentally flawed train of thought. Balance is essentially the recurring cycle being expressed of all things. Life balanced with death we say. We argue that death makes room for more NEW life and thus is balance. New life then flourishes because of the new space with less competition but it is not dependent on it. Death is a dead end for one and a non cycle. Life is a shot in the dark and that is why it is amazing. It shouldn't exist yet it does.

A "cycle of life" that is dependent on death is an oxymoron.

Cycles exist non the less. Earth produces life. I think of our world as a male seed in the female universe.

Mother earth? No. Father earth and Mother universe.

That is a cycle. Our reproductive capability is part of (IS) a cycle. We are born and make others be born. Regardless of if we die or not or when this is true. We could be immortal and our self creations would produce an ever expanding cycle of sentient life.

Death is not part of the balance. It is a product of life and is just another aspect to our design. If we stopped reproducing after reaching an evolutionary perfection where continued reproduction and its mutation was made obsolete then that would constitute a balancing effect to the cycle of our existence.

Our civilization´s notion of balance is as flawed as our notion of good and evil. These perceptions are only relevant according to the circumstances to our daily life as expressed by our needs and worries. Its all relative. What is good today is evil tomorrow and vice-versa.

In the same way, what we see as a balancing act of natural occurrences in the system of life is just as subject to the whims of our mortality and our self perception.

Death sucks. It is entirely unnecessary since there is infinite space in an ever expanding universe. Its just out of our reach to not die and for our species to expand into the stars---at the moment.

If we could live forever just hoping onto other rocks with their own new resources and cycles of life and forms of sustenance then we wouldn't give a damn about the balance of life and the cycles of existence.

This subject of "balance" is an issue now since we have scared mortals running around, worrying about running out of water they can drink and bathe in or for food to run out in its variety and tastiness.

we could still live on a desolate world. We just think that would be worse than death. Life wouldn't change on a fundamental level. It would just change in the way it is perceived by us by our own changing. It WOULD still adapt and all would continue as it always was in the big picture...just not to us from our limited and temporal point of view as a self aware species.

edit on 8 27 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
And what is consciousness. Is it meat-sack generated or meat-sack hosted.
Is it at all.
Might it be only neuronal reflections vibrating back and forth in these meat-brains creating these delusions of self we all get so huffy about.
Or might this consciousness be a field of consciousness seeping into these meat-brains and experiencing this physical life, from roaming tribes to modern teenagers isolating themselves from the rest of the dinner party because they cannot pull away from their i phones.

If we are no more than meat-sack generated, electronically firing synapses, I fear that the illusions we have considered ourselves to be may soon swept away as the locust like aspect of our nature consumes our habitat. If we are of a more ethereal reality grazing here for a time while the conditions are right, then we may just be facing the fact that our campground is closing and it is time to pick up and move on down the ethereal road.
Just more random self authored rabble....or is it? She loves me she loves me not, she loves me she loves me not.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

If there's nothing but lifeless sand left after we strip out all useful materials; what exactly is being balanced in the process?

there are still materials, we might find them useless doesn't make it useless for other life that might have use for it.

Life and death could be being balanced out over a universal scale or larger if one can comprehend a larger scale.

I'm pretty sure humanity has folded in on itself in cataclysm at least 4 times

I would agree that humanity has folded in or had a bottle neck in the population numerous times as well.

Cycles happen on infinite platforms, micro cycles in our thought process all the way up massive cycles of millions and billions of years of revolving galaxies.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

thanks for expressing your thoughts and bringing up some branches to the trunk, like eugenics, evolving with our destruction of resources sort of rolling with the punches it is what it is sort of thing, and a few other branched side effects/affects. I need to rest but will definitely re-read your post and give you a comment worthy of continued discussion when my eyes are not fighting my comprehension in order to give a more thought out response from adding in these other variables and how they fit in the scheme of things.

Sorry everyone for dropping this and taking off not long after, but I need to sleep. Please feel free to discuss among yourselves in my absence if desired, I can't honestly say if people I don't know bite or not... so do so at your own risk

pip pip cheerio for now.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The sun is falling asleep as we speak.
The mini ice age is here.
This and what follows is all my opinion.
The mini ice age was what winter 2013 ushered in.
Winter 2013 was especially cold right where the
ice age was strongest 11,000 years ago.

As far as being overdue, it's only been 400 years since
the last mini ice age, the Maunder Minimum.
Interestingly they happen about once every 400 years,
during interglacial periods .

In 1604 Sunspot numbers started dropping rapidly
and the Suns irradiance probably diminished every so slightly .
Less than 1%. But that's enough.
Well guess what is happening right now ?
The IPCC's climate prediction models
have never factored in Sun variability
because they think it doesn't.
m.youtube.com...

However the sharp sunspot drop like the one
we are experiencing now is exactly what happened
with the mini ice age of the Renaissance.
Except our spots are dropping more quickly.
Faster than anytime in the last 9,000 years.
www.bbc.com...

Also the Suns' heliosphere has weakened
and shrunk substantially as well as
Earths magnetosphere and atmosphere.
After the next few winters there will be no question
as to whether an ice age is here or not.
news.discovery.com...

And it may be that this is the big sleep
the Sun does every 110,000 years.
One that lasts for 90,000 years.
Cold thick ice caps have been the norm on Earth
for the last 2 million years.
Like clockwork. 90k of cold thaw big flood,
then 11k of warm.

If this is the case and 'This is the big one Elizabeth',
As far as North America's concerned ;
Canadians and everyone north of Indiana
will have to move eventually.

Ice sheets 2 miles high will quickly form.
Chicago recorded the coldest day ever for July last month
and the Antarctic is a ice making machine at the moment.

www.presstv.com...

Check out Iceagenow.com or Suspicious Observers YouTube channel for more.
I have no idea how Al Gore will handle this.
edit on 27-8-2014 by UnderKingsPeak because: Links

edit on 27-8-2014 by UnderKingsPeak because: Link

edit on 27-8-2014 by UnderKingsPeak because: One more link, I'm done

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

The Aboriginal people of Australia set up camp in one location, take what they need, and when it starts to depleat in resources, they move to another camp, at a later stage, they would revisit the first camp, where the resources have flourished again.

Perhaps that old desert planet we left millions of years ago is now a thriving jungle?
edit on 28-8-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

I understand what you are saying, it doesn't take that long for water to turn into ice, and a change in cyclical patterns could mean a winter that remains during what should be temperate seasons.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

We often expect balance to play out towards more non zero sumness for us and earth. This is a fundamentally flawed train of thought. Balance is essentially the recurring cycle being expressed of all things. Life balanced with death we say. We argue that death makes room for more NEW life and thus is balance.

I think the flawed train of thought with balance, is that it is usually generalized. Everyone has a threshold of tolerance for things that they have experienced. When they have no threshold of tolerance to experience the unknown, this is fear. Which is irrational to some a safe bet to others. Balance cannot be generalized in such a way, we are unique in out total sum of likes and dislikes of things and experience. Balance within the closed system of oneself only they know their own tolerance and if only they know their own tolerance, then only they know moderation for a middle, this middle would be balance but only an individual one.

On the bright side of all of this we can have similar experiences and identify with one another from the similarity of experience or outlook. The irony of all of this is we want a similarity with others so much, we can learn to hate diversity, try to assimilate or win peoples belief over to our side, instead of appreciate it and see it as an opportunity of growth instead of fearing it as change, an appreciation and tolerance of others would bring a balance of opposing sides.

Whatever brings two extremes into a harmony of tolerance... is balance, suppose you are eating out with a vegetarian friend... obviously you do not hate them because they are a friend, but you eat meat both of these are extremes, one does not eat met and one does. The thing keeping them as friends is tolerance of their friends choice to eat meat or not eat meat, this reciprocation can also be termed as respect for what makes the other person happy is fine by them, if they dislike the friend because of vegetarian or eating meat, then they will try to convert each other delusional thinking has each believing that some how this would make them better friends... so they step on each others happiness instead of tolerate it because they don't have to eat it, so why try to control the other who has every right to make their own dietary choice, just as the other does?

disrespect of each others rights to choose, can cause the friendship to fall apart if they are insistent and disrespectful of the other friends choice of diet, upsets the balance leaving no middle ground, there is an error in the philosophy that says a compromise, is the best solution... no this just leads to bargaining and a chess match, the urge to win the other other to ones side of thinking or living does not go away with compromise, aside from that it takes away each others right to choose freely to do or eat or think what they want too... because it allows someone other than the person themself to make a choice, this giving away of ones own right to choose, is a disservice to oneself it is a door to subservience to anthers will and control allowing them to influence or have a say in all of your choices from then on out, unless you become unhappy with this compromise and dissolve the privilege bestowed to do so... this can be very difficult to accept to some because it means giving up their ability to control and direct the other persons life. At the end if that chess match no one really wins, if they did not learn that its not compromise needed for balance, but tolerance... with tolerance there is true balance and both win.

Balance of life? There's dead and not dead, sick is the grey area between the two... we can take extremes and say some life is worth more than another and this becomes eugenics. The idea that one life is more valuable than another, is the estimation of someone assessing anothers value, on things they believe are to be valued, this eventually creates status and social class and separation an us and them haves and have nots. But this is a made up human problem, that we as animals have in us that we have not yet evolved beyond as a species... this pecking order that started from self preservation, he/she who eats lives he/she that successfully breeds get to pass their genetic material on, in nature there are many examples of only the strong survive if a member of your pack gets ill and resources are slim then the herd decides that lingering will only leave the whole herd vulnerable to the same fate, if they do not move on this created dominance, and the idea that some are better than others... this dominance has evolved into a concept of status among us humans, instead of using our intellect and emotions of compassion and empathy it becomes dog eat dog, only the strong survive and other popular 80's theme songs to work out too.

But being endowed with our intellect we can choose the less animistic path and help those that need helping... those believing resources are scare and running out say we need to preserve and recycle, those saying leaving the weak die or fend for themselves and our resources will create balance, because they will not be able to reproduce and pass those genes along with the idea that this is why we have evolved to be such a tenacious species... we are not a weak animal, we can live in any climate, we can over come odds that other animals cannot.

The idea that that will create balance in our species choosing one over the other is a futility... if the strong are the only ones to breed and reproduce devoid of compassion and empathy... creates conflict in the herd and they fight among themselves out of dominance this line of thinking will never lift us above animals, we would still over populate war and dwindle resources just the same only more violent until the end finally comes. The other path containing empathy and compassion achieves the same end yet more peacefully it too will over populate and dwindle the resources... it may seem as a damned if you do and a damned if you dont situation and thought in the current system thats what it really is right now, a fight between both of those extremes the way of course to bring this in balance is for people to realize that humanity will have the same fate regardless, so why choose the more difficult and painful path of war and fighting?

Everyone wants to be happy and at ease and many believe someone else or something is keeping them from this ideal happiness, and well it creates the animistic hell of constant squabbles, to put this in another perspective; the idea of no more immigration is a really a growling animal over a food bowl when you get right down to it. So why not put down all the effort of war and resource squabble and put it into solving universal problems inherent in our species instead?

We were all born on Earth, I did not draw the imaginary lines in the dirt that separate us, resource hogging and divvying it out by those that staked claim to control it created those lines typically through violence, and have help from those believing it would lead to status and prosperity for themselves, unable to tolerate each other we spread out and created our own code of living and decided that those with another code of living is an enemy, instead of seeing we all are really in the same boat.

Tolerance is balance for humanity.
edit on 28-8-2014 by BigBrotherDarkness because: clarified for better comprehension

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
The sun is falling asleep as we speak.
The mini ice age is here.
This and what follows is all my opinion.
The mini ice age was what winter 2013 ushered in.
Winter 2013 was especially cold right where the
ice age was strongest 11,000 years ago.

As far as being overdue, it's only been 400 years since
the last mini ice age, the Maunder Minimum.
Interestingly they happen about once every 400 years,
during interglacial periods .

In 1604 Sunspot numbers started dropping rapidly
and the Suns irradiance probably diminished every so slightly .
Less than 1%. But that's enough.
Well guess what is happening right now ?
The IPCC's climate prediction models
have never factored in Sun variability
because they think it doesn't.
m.youtube.com...

However the sharp sunspot drop like the one
we are experiencing now is exactly what happened
with the mini ice age of the Renaissance.
Except our spots are dropping more quickly.
Faster than anytime in the last 9,000 years.
www.bbc.com...

Also the Suns' heliosphere has weakened
and shrunk substantially as well as
Earths magnetosphere and atmosphere.
After the next few winters there will be no question
as to whether an ice age is here or not.
news.discovery.com...

And it may be that this is the big sleep
the Sun does every 110,000 years.
One that lasts for 90,000 years.
Cold thick ice caps have been the norm on Earth
for the last 2 million years.
Like clockwork. 90k of cold thaw big flood,
then 11k of warm.

If this is the case and 'This is the big one Elizabeth',
As far as North America's concerned ;
Canadians and everyone north of Indiana
will have to move eventually.

Ice sheets 2 miles high will quickly form.
Chicago recorded the coldest day ever for July last month
and the Antarctic is a ice making machine at the moment.

www.presstv.com...

Check out Iceagenow.com or Suspicious Observers YouTube channel for more.
I have no idea how Al Gore will handle this.

Thank you for the clarification on climate shifting up to date with our current understanding of it through study.

Aside from the number descrepency, my sincerest apologies for not being current on during authorship... the problem stated still remains, it's just the chronology changes of when all this occurs... the earth just does this cycle and would do it whether we were here to interfere with it or not, perhaps we can speed it and perhaps we can slow it but stopping it I believe would cause the whole system to fall apart... opps is all we could say as all the dolphins all fly off into space to a cute song thanking us for sharing the fish resources. But whatever the earth does and when is beyond our control so in such a situation the best we've got is adapting to the change as we always have... adaptation to adversity... climate, scarce resources, disease etc. is what drives the gears of evolution in intellect, appearance... creating local custom and understanding from living in whatever environment they were born into.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
And what is consciousness. Is it meat-sack generated or meat-sack hosted.
Is it at all.
Might it be only neuronal reflections vibrating back and forth in these meat-brains creating these delusions of self we all get so huffy about.
Or might this consciousness be a field of consciousness seeping into these meat-brains and experiencing this physical life, from roaming tribes to modern teenagers isolating themselves from the rest of the dinner party because they cannot pull away from their i phones.

If we are no more than meat-sack generated, electronically firing synapses, I fear that the illusions we have considered ourselves to be may soon swept away as the locust like aspect of our nature consumes our habitat. If we are of a more ethereal reality grazing here for a time while the conditions are right, then we may just be facing the fact that our campground is closing and it is time to pick up and move on down the ethereal road.
Just more random self authored rabble....or is it? She loves me she loves me not, she loves me she loves me not.

Consciousness in my opinion is; an individuals personal experience based on input from the 5 senses and the ability to think about their environment internal and external to access the situation they find themselves in moment to moment and try to adapt to what is being experienced, if the senses sense cold we seek warmth to ease this discomfort. We gave these experiences a name based on their form or function we have found for whatever, this creates an internal dialogue to ponder a situation this is the conscience and cognizance of consciousness.

Whether our form from the perspective of an eye different than our own says we are a ball of light or energy or a matrix of atoms spinning in a complex virtual harmony does not change the fact of what we see with our own eye is really what we have to deal with and becomes an impracticality to try and live from such a perspective, is it possible thinking from such a reality other than our own eye can bring one peace? yes. can it bring another fear and distress? also yes. we are all individually conscious if we were not when one died we all would die... experience has shown us this is not the case.

Of course quantum physics has room saying that there is the possibility for every possible combination for reality, including the possibility that there are infinite versions of you and reality that perhaps one exists wherein when you die everything else does too, but this would only be realty to the one that died and they were left with some fragment of consciousness to experience such a reality... reality differs from person to person based on their personal experience, this is why some believe different than others.

This all is fun to think about and ponder, but if we are really being of light or energy does not change the perception of the eye day to day, just the consciousness containing the thought, meaning it really does not matter... light, meat sack, or whatever or eyes shine on the same things we have agreed on their naming convention to communicate this does not mean our desire to understand noumenia better in experience and how what we experiences through the senses that directly affects/effects us goes away, it only grows the more we entropy out a distillation of distinctions... a cat isn't just a furry lil cutie that can climb trees and control the population of vermin, it's everything we could possibly experience of this animal... but then again that does not state what it is exactly?

Using a familiar to some comparison, what is a guitar? Is it the wood? no because there's other things made of wood, is the the shape? no because they can be in many shapes, is it the strings etc? basically when we distill something by everything that makes it up and take a look, none of these things are actually the guitar by themselves, so when we put them all together and call it guitar it still does not reveal what a guitar actually is just the form we accept as a guitar, we could say it is a device that makes music through resonance and thats what it really is, but then thats just more and more distillation of concepts, and says the guitar is a device instead of a guitar, that it makes music which labels an experience of sound opposite of a cacophony, still not a guitar, the resonance is not the guitar either, so it's function does not say what the hell it actually is either just what it does... so since guitar cannot be found inherently to exist on it's own it does not actually exist in anything other than concept but it does exist because we can experience this thing called guitar... this means it's existence as a guitar is experienced because of it's origination... it was first a thought the same as any other concept in a persons mind, someone took things from various places put them together and called it guitar this is creation through invention and another side effect of evolution from adapting intellect to do so. So evolution can create, most likely the guitar was created during a time of plentiful resources or from a need to sooth in some way due to some adversity... and poof guitar.

Yes all of this is fun to think about but it does not change the situation, if we think of ourselves as human, light, energy or whatever... the problem we face still persists and will continue to persist until we solve it. In my opinion we cannot solve a natural cycle such as climate change just experiment in various ways trying to affect it, many would say haarp is an experiment tasked to do just that... should we be trying to alter it to our desire? or keep it to what we are used too? or just try to adapt in order to evolve with whatever happens as we did over an indeterminate amount of time when we had no real control over the things we experienced? It appears we recognized we had no control over things and thought well something has to have control over things like fire or eclipses and with that idea we gave rise to personifying naturally occurring events into gods, god or spirits.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SystemResistor

Indeed, the aboriginals adapted and found a way around this adversity, by first recognizing why the problem was occurring and then figuring out: "say man we got to move around if we want to stop this from continuing to happen to us." now imagine they remained as a closed system with no outside contact or way off themselves, a microcosm... they would eventually over populate and turn it to sand because there would be nowhere they could go since all of it was being used from being over populated. Perhaps they'd try to start controlling their own population when they recognized this was occuring through whatever type of eugenics they came up with... volcano gods are always hungry for the one too many and hey throw someone in it to shut it up before we lose more land mass to volcanic rock... there is logic to be found if we look hard enough, into things that seem ludicrous to modern mans current understanding.

The scary thing may just well be what program will we implement when we united, say hey wait this is not sustainable?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Sand alone cannot sustain our species so other than sand castles if that's all we have at the end then it's otherwise useless to us, unless we found some way to consume it too then I suppose we'd eat the crust then the mantle and keep working our way to the core, but perhaps that would make us the crystalline life form at point instead of carbon based. The spark of life giving rise to consciousness is the same no matte what form it may fall into. life is life, the label we slap on what constitutes life does not actually define it but describe our experience of it.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

First, thank you for your considered reply. As I look through the thread, you have done this consistently. Bravo

Yes all of this is fun to think about but it does not change the situation, if we think of ourselves as human, light, energy or whatever... the problem we face still persists and will continue to persist until we solve it.

If we are able to.

Indeed. I have a concern that those of us who have more direct lines to relatively unadulterated information may have been in possession of what many of us are only now coming in contact with. There is a possibility that these folk are and have been preparing for themselves now for decades with buried fortresses and mountain redoubts and whatever, while the rest of us squabble over causes and solutions.

As I see things, the "man caused" solutions are woefully late in implementation and in fact may not be enough even if established fairly to stem the environmental changes we are now witnessing. If the causes are of a more cyclic nature then all we can do, those of us without a ticket for the lifeboat is to, as you say, adapt and get along with each other.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

First, thank you for your considered reply. As I look through the thread, you have done this consistently. Bravo

Yes all of this is fun to think about but it does not change the situation, if we think of ourselves as human, light, energy or whatever... the problem we face still persists and will continue to persist until we solve it.

If we are able to.

Indeed. I have a concern that those of us who have more direct lines to relatively unadulterated information may have been in possession of what many of us are only now coming in contact with. There is a possibility that these folk are and have been preparing for themselves now for decades with buried fortresses and mountain redoubts and whatever, while the rest of us squabble over causes and solutions.

As I see things, the "man caused" solutions are woefully late in implementation and in fact may not be enough even if established fairly to stem the environmental changes we are now witnessing. If the causes are of a more cyclic nature then all we can do, those of us without a ticket for the lifeboat is to, as you say, adapt and get along with each other.

No worries if someone took the time to read and share their thoughts, the least I can do is reply, otherwise it's like I say knock knock, they say who's there, and I just walk away. The goal of this thread was to illicit discussion and inspire new threads... so if it does thats cool if not also cool.

To be honest, if I had any hope for humanity? I wouldn't be a cynic.

I think there is a solution to all problems, but so many people don't have voice to help solve problems or the establishment suppresses to avoid hurting current industry, and only releases it when it's needed does not rule out coincidence either but tech suppression is real. Like the warp drive engine and the tech to power without carrying fuel coming to surface, pretty convenient since we are talking more seriously about colonization of other planets... I think the most accurate view given of a future for us is the series Cowboy Bebop, not really the story line itself but how earth and solar system looks and is navigated, it's a perfect blend of old tech and new tech.

If they do not live in these complexes already, then they would have to adapt to it just the same... and what good would material nonsense be then? We'll give you a something or another to bring us food every week. That something or another would have to greatly benefit the person in their own survival in order for them to eat. I just don't see how people with no skill in the arts of self sufficiency or have ever really worked would survive.

To me a golf cart and a Lamborghini is no different... you sit your ass in it press the long rectangle with your foot and you get to where you want to go, the function is essentially the same the only difference is forms of the components involved. But what it does no difference.

All I see when I look at the world is man created problems, lol. What I mean by that is what is essential for humans to live? Air, water, food, and shelter from harsh elements. Everything else is a human created problem... I have zero worry or concern about those and other made up human drama surrounding such things, sure I use the junk beyond what we essentially need to survive, but have no attachment to it, actually more of an aversion to all of this useless complication for life.

A perfect example of silly complication is if I started walking either North or South here in the US eventually I'd be stopped, assaulted, and arrested when I hit the Northern or Southern border and didn't stop. I do not agree with the stupid lines of separation. I was born on this earth that is a fact, just because they call it the US does not make it fact. It is a made up human concept we are expected to believe and follow that complicates life, creates a separation... an us and them in peoples minds. So much of what is in our conscious thought is useless, it's like we have created a delusion for ourselves over time and now everyone lives in it and accepts it, well I find it unacceptable because it hides reality and gives us a life of futility and struggle under the guise of purpose.

What I mean by this is, we can grow and raise our own food just fine, we can build ourselves shelter, and dig a well guess what all our needs were just covered, that's it other than maintaining it the rest of the time can be one of leisure and enjoyment as one sees fit. Simple and easy right? Sounds great right? What is it now? A boot camp of learning a bunch of stuff that really only allows to to survive in the made up nonsense and it's REQUIRED that's the kicker, there is no freedom to be found when a requirement for living you did not choose is heaped upon your shoulders.

We have been duped into believing this is progress and advancement, when it really is just required complications. Nothing to miss in my opinion if it goes. Moments spent with loved ones and friends are more valuable to me than anything you could lay eyes on, doesn't matter where we are or what we are doing it's the time spent together, and that's the only reason I can bear this asinine existence others before us have created that we are forced to live in...

I will not pick up or tow any line of this human created ignorance. Money could care less, status is laughable, religion and nationalism is a cruel joke that teaches separation and hate. I will break bread with anyone at my table or theirs, reguardless of race, sexual orientation, belief or standard. I empathize with my fellow human beings and their struggles, and try to ease their pain that is always 100% a result of this made up system of nonsense, how many people have died from the made up nonsense? Killed themselves over the made up nonsense? Countless and sadly it will continue long after I am gone... and we call this progress and and improvement of human life, hogwash.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Sand alone cannot sustain our species

You initially asked what is being balanced if we strip the planet and leave nothing but lifeless sand in which I replied with an answer about what might be being balanced.

I didn't try and say sand can sustain our species, not sure how you interpreted that.

top topics

join