It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israels Iron Dome In Action

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Looks like it seems to work

But the comments on the video are scary
edit on 27-8-2014 by Blue_Jay33 because: Video fixed

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

IGNORE THAT MESSAGE!

Yes, the Iron Dome is a particularly effective anti-missile countermeasure system. If they actually utilised the system to its maximum potential, the Israeli government would never need to retaliate to anything, ever again. That is probably why they refuse to operate the system at the top end of its capabilities.
edit on 27-8-2014 by TrueBrit because: Added detail, retracted fallacy.

In addition, the comments section is not scary. It is pathetic. It does not scare me in as much as it makes me despair for the future of our inhuman race.

Personally, I believe that while it is true that Hamas launch rocket after rocket at Israeli cities, the actual percentage of threat these things pose, due to the presence of the Iron Dome, is minimal, as should be the Israeli response to such attacks. If a six year old punches me in the thigh, I will not break his neck. The Israeli government have nothing to fear from Hamas rockets, or any other projectile launched at their borders, and so to respond as they do is wrong.

I also believe that unless both sides come to the table, and agree something solid and mutually beneficial, that the UN should swoop in, destroy all military assets of both sides, and force the faces of the leaders of both nations, into the ruined torsos of the corpses that are their legacy, such that they wind up with chunks of organs in their nostrils, and maggots and rotten flesh in their mouths, because that is the only thing that has not been tried, and with two such intractable, immobile, and dogmatic factions, there is little else that can be tried with any success.
edit on 27-8-2014 by TrueBrit because: Added detail.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
A bunch of noise and white smoke.

Which part shows the iron dome?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

I am so sorry but this made me fall off my chair

Very Effective System

Riouz

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I'm not really trying to go off topic but I couldn't help noticing the girl at the beginning of the video that is just standing there texting (appears to be at any rate) while the sirens are going off for incoming missiles/bombs.

I find that so surreal that it's almost beyond words. Can anyone else imagine being born, living, and dying in an area where this stuff is so normal that you can't even be bothered to look up from your Candy Crush or text to see if you need to be worried or not??

Even if they were texting other loved ones to warn them, it was done with a nonchalance that I can't even fathom.

I find it terribly sad that anyone in the world would just consider this stuff a part of normal every day life.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Yes , where were the missiles being shot down? Haven't seen one yet.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

So true, but maybe she was nervous the first dozen times and nothing happened, so now it's old.

But you are right it's sad, just imagine people in London during the WW2, bombed beyond shell shock.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Just for you

Iron Dome Wiki

Iron Dome

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riouz

Very Effective System

Riouz

It is hardly an effective system. Just as many people have been killed after the Iron Dome was built as was killed before it was built. It is basically nothing but a hoax to give the people a false sense of security.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Yes, can you imagine the U.S. having rockets flying over your home/work/school with air raid sirens going off?? People would be going totally nuts! They can't even stand it if someone open carries a fire arm down the street or makes a pop tart into a gun shape.

But over there it's their daily life.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
buster2010
It is hardly an effective system. Just as many people have been killed after the Iron Dome was built as was killed before it was built. It is basically nothing but a hoax to give the people a false sense of security.

After Reading more on the system rather than just watching that video in the op ....

Who do you believe ... Israel defence are claiming it stops upto 75 % to 90 % of rockets coming in from Gaza

So without that iron dome system surely more people would be at risk or they would certainly be more casualties ???

Riouz

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I think the initial few trails are rockets fired from inside Gaza and then you hear a noise (like a jet engine) and subsequent white puffs of smoke as the incoming projectiles are destroyed…….

Completely Justifies mass murder and Genocide by Israel as a response……….meh…!

PDUK

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Riouz

Very Effective System

Riouz

Calming the masses has no benefit? That's a strange point of view.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
If I heard an air raid siren I wouldn't be smoking a cig and looking at my phone. 0:07

I think the Iron Dome is BS. I think Hamas is BS.

Israel has almost completed the Genocide. A new Cease Fire will surely be broken with another example of the Iron Dome at work (no need to put out the cig) And then Israel can go back to annihilating Civilians and getting this much closer to Genocide.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

If "Iron Dome" is so great... then how come the Israelis want Rheinmetalls MANTIS NBS / C-RAM so bad??
edit on 27-8-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

If a six year old punches me in the thigh, I will not break his neck. The Israeli government have nothing to fear from Hamas rockets, or any other projectile launched at their borders, and so to respond as they do is wrong.

I agree with the notion you put forth.... but not in the context that you used it.

You cannot compare Hamas to a 6 yr old and israel to an adult...... if anything, it is the other way round.

Israel is fighting extremist muslim radical antisemitism. the 300million extreme radical anti-western anti zionist anti-everything that doesnt have a black beard and pray 5 times a day individuals want you and me and the rest of the world to burn so that allah can judge us! geopolitical cries are a means to an end for them. it doesnt take a genius to figure this out.

you want an analogy? then im your man.... it more like a mentally retarded 30 yearold with a long stick, trying to attack a 10 yearold genius with an Uzi
and this 10 yearold has armed a nuke to his heartbeat... if he dies, everyone goes with him!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
One thing I don't get is where's the trail of smoke from the Hamas rockets?? I've yet to see a video of the iron dome in action where you see it

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
they would not lie to the people would they

Israeli expert says Iron Dome defence is a hoax

globalpoliticalawakening.blogspot.mx...?

www.hoax.com...
edit on 27/8/2014 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
We have that crap here also... but we call it fireworks. Must be my european terminology.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
That was about $180,000-$200,000 firework show. Wiki says $20,000 per intercept.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join