It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10,000 Foreign Fighters, 1000's of European and Many Americans Fighting w/ ISIS - WHY?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
ISIS is made up of thousands of Europeans. 400+ British militants/terrorist, whatever you want to call them along with Syrian Freedom Fighters that the U.S. supported.

The leaders of ISIS were all captured and tortured by the Americans years ago, then released and the first thing they do is form ISIS? Then hand the USA an excuse to go back into IRAQ and seize resources China controls? Too convenient.

The CIA goes into these countries and finds a small group of people who dislike their country's regime. Libya for instance, they found a small group and started the "Arab Uprising" then more and more joined in on the rebellion. We supplied aid and weapons to help them defeat Qaddafi's military. Among these rebels were known Al Qaeda affiliates. Guys like Saddam and Qaddafi were the ones keeping Al Qaeda from gaining a lot of power in the region. So now after destabilizing all of these countries, groups like Al Qaeda and ISIS are rampant. It was all part of the agenda to destabilize these countries. Cheney laid it out and called it the "New World Order". A destabilized country is easier to control and we along with the Saudis want control over all of the natural resources in the Middle East. The Middle East will NEVER be a stable region again.

The U.S. plays both sides of these conflicts. The CIA is their tool and they leave no evidence behind. Do you think our intelligence was so ignorant that they would fail to see what would happen when supporting moderate rebels in Syria? If so, we need to fire everyone because the people of the U.S. were screaming NO and didn't want to take a chance of supporting Syrian rebels. Do you think that it is because the U.S. is SO concerned? No, it's all about money and resources. The U.S. government couldn't possibly care less about Syrian rebels and their fight for freedom.

NBC NEWS

The startling news that an American, Douglas McAuthur McCain, died fighting with extremist Islamist rebels in Syria again raises concerns that the Obama administration has sounded for months — that Americans could come back home hardened by conflict in Iraq and Syria and trained to launch terrorist attacks on their own homeland. U.S. officials said in response to NBC News' exclusive report about McCain that "dozens" of Americans could be fighting at any one time with various extremist groups in the region — including the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham, or ISIS. With fear growing over the turmoil in the Middle East, U.S. intelligence and foreign policy agencies are racing to understand these radicalized Westerners and the potential threats they may pose abroad and at home.

More than 10,000 foreign fighters are believed to be fighting with ISIS alone — nearly doubling the strength of the group, which is believed to have only 8,000 to 10,000 native fighters of its own, said James Gelvin, a professor of Middle East history at the University of California-Los Angeles and author of "The Arab Uprisings: What Everyone Needs to Know." Opinions vary widely, but the broad consensus is that about 3,000 of those foreigners are from the West — most from Europe, particularly Britain, but also some from the U.S., Obama administration officials told NBC News. By and large, they're "people who are converts to Islam who have no prior experience to the religion [or] the culture, just like any other American," said NBC News terrorism analyst Evan Kohlmann of Flashpoint Global Partners, which tracks terrorist groups around the world. The first wave of foreign fighters was attracted specifically to the battle to overthrow Syrian President Bashar Assad, Raffaello Pantucci, a senior research fellow for the London-based Royal United Services Institute, told NBC News. But at some point, that changed, and "the narrative right now is, 'I'm going to help build this Islamic State,'" Pantucci said last week. They're people like Donald Ray Morgan, 44, of North Carolina, whom the FBI arrested on firearms charges this month. In June, he posted a photo to Twitter of him swearing an oath to the head of ISIS: "Mujahid pledging allegiance to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and Islamic State commanding good and forbidding evil." And they're people like Shannon Maureen Conley, a 19-year-old Muslim convert from Arvada, Colorado, who pleaded guilty to providing assistance to a foreign terrorist organization. According to documents in U.S. District Court in Denver (PDF), Conley told an "active member" of ISIS that she was committed to "violent jihad against non-believers" and planned to travel to Syria to get special training to help ISIS.

So the question here is .....WHY?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: RyanDaniel

You answered your own question. Back to Iraq, increased terror threat at home = more rights removed.
It's all part of a multi-pronged attack to get everyone ready for war.
Remember some of these jihadis will try to return to their countries of origin.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
In some instances... its kids feeling lost looking for something to believe in missing the structure at home reach out towards "Freedom Fighters" get fed a line of B.S. and off they go.

Make no mistake about it, they have recruiters and fund raisers all over the world by this point, Looking for young, disenfranchised possible dumb kids they can sway to believe in their cause.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

It seems they can just blend in inside the U.S. and other countries much easier than Al Qaeda ever could. Some of these Europeans are educated White guys who speak perfect English. No more stereotyping what a so called "terrorist" looks like these days.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
My take is, just as extremist fundamentalist Christians want to fulfill all prophecies i.e. WWIII in the ME benefitting Israel, to hasten the Second Coming. ISIS (extremists) want to establish their caliphate and convert everyone to fulfill their own prophecy. Religion has, and always will be, man's ultimate downfall. So many billions of lives lost over the millenia because of belief in fairytales.
edit on 27-8-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

So I take it the NSA is failing us on this front as well? How are they not monitoring these recruits? They got one kid, but many others are leaking through the system and flying over there to become baby be-headers.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: RyanDaniel
a reply to: EA006

It seems they can just blend in inside the U.S. and other countries much easier than Al Qaeda ever could. Some of these Europeans are educated White guys who speak perfect English. No more stereotyping what a so called "terrorist" looks like these days.

I think these hidden terror cells in the u.s just pick a new name every year. If there is an attack on u.s soil I think any Muslim extremist group will try to claim it as their own for Isis.
There's also a reason for the terrorists being European, if you think about it.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Also, is Europe not monitoring these things considering up to 3,000 have come from Europe?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I hadn't heard specifically about this group, but I had been in Intel briefs in the past about Islamic Jihad, Hamas, and the Muslim brotherhood being here recruiting and fund raising, its an easy step for me to say ISIS is here doing the same thing.

Heck my first duty station happened to be outside talking to a neighbor when ATF, and FBI, and OSI raised the apartment complex across the street turned out it was a terrorist cell. we were briefed on it the next day, along with further advice to keep our eyes open for things that don't look right.

They will watch, them... they will track them... but unless they get some sort of Intel that they are planning an attack on US soil it seems like they do nothing.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
In my conspiracy mind, I just feel like these groups are being gathered and led by the CIA. Just as they did in Libya and Syria. I believe they are being organized and trained by a outside group other than ISIS before they even arrive. It is know that the CIA is involved in such practices when it comes to forming a resistance in these destabilized areas. They may not know it is CIA, but it just might be.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: RyanDaniel

Also, is Europe not monitoring these things considering up to 3,000 have come from Europe?

Of course, they can tell the identity of the guy that supposedly killed james foley just from voice recordings and eye witness testimony so.... They know.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
My take is, just as extremist fundamentalist Christians want to fulfill all prophecies i.e. WWIII in the ME benefitting Israel, to hasten the Second Coming. ISIS (extremists) want to establish their caliphate and convert everyone to fulfill their own prophecy. Religion has, and always will be, man's ultimate downfall. So many billions of lives lost over the millenia because of belief in fairytales.

Or others behind the scenes using religion to obtain there goals.
Christians arnt out there crusading for the sake of conversion or to fulfill prophecies.
That is an atheistic myth or outright lie.
Its about oil and other natural resources and using some religions to
obtain the bottom line. They are scammed into doing the dirty work.
There are plenty of atheists working behind the curtains equally as guilty.
Its all about the money $$.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Very effective recruiting..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
One good thing is all the Bad fish are in the same barrel.....why not wipe them out over there ?Rather than have to deal with them at home?
Obama has the power to do it.......order more air strikes and send in the drones......

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
These western born so called jihadists are just dont like life being a "bitch" they didnt get enough love from mummy and didnt get to play with daddy enough. They are sad, misguided a hole's who are basically dickheads with no sense of morality or humanity, not the sort you would ever consider a friend!
Tossers!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The Nation of Islam here in the U.S. is probably a breeding ground for these traitors who go fight for ISIS.

"You Have to Kill The White Devil"

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: nfflhome

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Or others behind the scenes using religion to obtain there goals.

Christians arnt out there crusading for the sake of conversion or to fulfill prophecies.

That is an atheistic myth or outright lie.

Its about oil and other natural resources and using some religions to

obtain the bottom line. They are scammed into doing the dirty work.

There are plenty of atheists working behind the curtains equally as guilty.

Its all about the money $$.

I don't want to get off-topic and make this into a relgious debate, but yes, at one time, Christians crusaded for the sake of conversion or to fulfill prophecies..... see the Crusades and Spanish Inqusition. And that's not a myth or lie. It's just that ISIS is now where Christianity was 1,000 years ago. They're currently operating as if in the Iron Age. Actually beings in the Stone Age weren't as savage. Killing in the name of religion. Convert or die.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
One good thing is all the Bad fish are in the same barrel.....why not wipe them out over there ?Rather than have to deal with them at home?
Obama has the power to do it.......order more air strikes and send in the drones......

Here's the areas ISIS controls. Where would you suggest bombing considering many innocents live all over?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Where ever the Kurds, or the Iraqi army is in close combat with them and work to bomb them in those locations... you are a force multiplier for our allies, and you reduce ISIS combat capability at the same time... win win.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I'm not a military strategist, so you're talking to the average IT guy in the office here. Would we need troops on the ground to implement such a attack? To get innocents evacuated in towns? That's a fairly large area.
edit on 8/27/2014 by RyanDaniel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join