It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-cigarettes: no indoor smoking ban planned in England despite WHO call

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: Psynic

No, they don't have to have nicotine, but it's NOT the nicotine that kills you. Why can't you understand that?

"Research over the last decade has identified nicotines carcinogenic potential in animal models and cell structure".

en.wikipedia.org...

That's similar to the way that drinking pure alcohol can kill you ,inhaling nicotine in reasonable doses is not bad for you at all and has benefits as well as side affects similar to caffeine.

Myself I find that vaping nicotine is not in itself addictive,I don't crave it like I do a ciggerette leading me to believe that nicotine itself is not the most addictive ingredient in ciggerettes

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
You should consider that there was a hint of sarcasm in my post. I have no iidea wwhat the hell you're on about, dude.

Sounds like you had irresponsible, lame parents growing up.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
To the people saying nicotine is harmless, oh its very far from harmless. Its so lethally toxic, that Colonel Gadaffi is alleged to have bought massive quantities of it, for use in assassinations (BBC Documentary). Its one of the worlds most human-toxic naturally occurring substances existing.

As for the people saying its their personal freedom to smoke or vape, I agree, totally. Just don't forget, your personal freedoms end where mine begin. I don't want your smoke, or your vape, in my face. Even if it is harmless, I still don't want it. Thats MY personal freedom. While you're claiming your personal freedoms, you're also apparently ignoring or forgetting about other people's.

I've lost count of the times in the past before smoking was banned in public space, the guy on the bus sat next to me, fires up, and I have to spend the rest of the journey on a crowded bus, "enjoying" his cigarette along with him, and if you asked them if they minded putting it out, you got a torrent of abuse.

Now the same thing is happening with vapers. I don't care how harmless it is, and while I acknowledge your freedom to vape up, you don't appear to acknowledge my freedoms to want not to vape up with you, and subject me to the odiferous horrible vapour you exhale.

So perhaps a ban is needed not on health grounds, but on common civility grounds, since it seems a lot of people lack the civility to understand that some people don't want to share your vape.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BMorris

If you consumed pure caffeine it could kill you and if you drink nicotine it could also kill you but vaping it is the same as drinking a cup of coffee you are ingesting such small amounts it isn't harmful.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BMorris

As for the people saying its their personal freedom to smoke or vape, I agree, totally. Just don't forget, your personal freedoms end where mine begin. I don't want your smoke, or your vape, in my face. Even if it is harmless, I still don't want it. Thats MY personal freedom. While you're claiming your personal freedoms, you're also apparently ignoring or forgetting about other people's.

What you may be forgetting is WE all have to be tolerant of other people no matter where we are. Gone are the days of smoking in hospitals, classrooms and the work place. That hasn't happened since.. 20-30 years? maybe more. And no smoker blows smoke or vapor in your face, that's a bit of an exaggeration don't you think? So yes, you're right about your personal space, but your space overlaps into other's.

You have to be tolerant. All non-smokers can't expect to have every single waking moment of their life exactly the way they want it to be. It's not fair and its not realistic. You've already managed to create by-laws to practically force smokers into the sea. You've managed to remove it from apartment rentals, restaurants, city parks, outside doors and windows and in some cases, your own car. What more do you want?

So finally, a smoking alternative comes along which will help the dreaded smoker kick the habit, producing harmless "water vapor" as a byproduct with a nice fruity scent and you still bitch. Don't you think its time for you non-smokers to just give us smokers a break already? Life wasn't designed for only you.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
That water vapour follows the laws of diffusion. It starts in your personal space, and diffuses over to mine.

Also its not pure water vapour. Its water vapour + nicotine + aromatics + flavourings + perservatives. Lung absorption of the compounds being carried by that water vapour is NOT 100%, some will remain in the exhaled vapour.

Sorry, but life wasn't made for just you. Unless you can defy the laws of physics, and stop the diffusion that is.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: BMorris
That water vapour follows the laws of diffusion. It starts in your personal space, and diffuses over to mine.

Also its not pure water vapour. Its water vapour + nicotine + aromatics + flavourings + perservatives. Lung absorption of the compounds being carried by that water vapour is NOT 100%, some will remain in the exhaled vapour.

Sorry, but life wasn't made for just you. Unless you can defy the laws of physics, and stop the diffusion that is.

I think the majority of what little nicotine in the vapor is absorbed immediately leaving nothing behind. All the flavoring is the same stuff you eat in your food, so I don't know what the issue is there. What about all those aroma plug-ins? Got a problem with them too? Probably not. And I already addressed we have to tolerate everyone, I have to tolerate your verbal noise as it follows the law of physics through the air into my ear drums which is in my personal space. Perhaps you could do us a favor and duct tape your mouth so no germs escape your carbon dioxide and end up in my air passage. So no, life wasn't meant for just me, I have to put up with risking all sorts from other people daily. So deal with it.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BMorris I don't care how harmless it is

the diplomacy of the anti-smoker in a nutshell

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
There seem to be alot of motor vehicles diffusing their exhaust into my personal space. At least our laws will soon ban drivers from smoking in them so I will feel safer.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

The diplomacy of a smoker in a nutshell too. "Have my # and like it!"

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join