It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-cigarettes: no indoor smoking ban planned in England despite WHO call

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
No thank you and may good things come into your life my friend

crostkev

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice have you seen the film The Fault in Our Stars?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: amurphy245

originally posted by: Psynic

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: Psynic

You said "Ecigarettes WITH nicotine has created nicotine ADDICTS".

I want to know where you got that.

Simple.

Cigarette addicts have become addicted to liquid nicotine drops.

Why is this a problem though ? Nicotine is similar to caffeine in that it is a relatively harmless stimulant,would you advocate banning coffee and tea containing caffeine or are you ok with that drug ?

If someone took my Oprah chai latte we'd be fighting!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: crostkev
a reply to: WhiteAlice have you seen the film The Fault in Our Stars?

And that is relevant how to the conversation as to whether a private property owner has the right to prohibit an activity in their own home regardless of social norms?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
unsure how to read that one
I'm gonna jump for a no to that question about the film hope that's okay.

you want to bring this subject down to whether you have the right to make your laws in your house ( alas my house is my kingdom)
I'm suggesting that the laws you use to govern yourself and all that may enter is not the issue we are talking about because at one point in time due to public understanding it was okay to smoke in the same room as a pregnant wife doing a medical procedure on a man that was smoking cig after cig during said operation
edit on 27-8-2014 by crostkev because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: crostkev

You declared my preference of having clean air in my home as being a "phobia", "madness" and more in basically exerting my private property rights. I'm not letting you wiggle out of that one after I pointed out that a house with an asthmatic, even in that era, still tended towards assuring that the asthmatic could breathe. You called my desire to breathe both a phobia and madness. Try having my lungs sometime.

PS. There is no question of whether or not an individual has the right to control both the use and conditions of use of one's private property. You might want to get yourself well versed in an overview of private property laws:

www.econlib.org...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice once again what you call your rights as a home owner, are based on social norms. these same social norms that have changed/evolved decade after decade

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

a reply to: WhiteAlice once again what you call your rights as a home owner, are based on social norms. these same social norms that have changed/evolved decade after decade

Oh for the love of god....Private property rights are not a social norm and have been one of the strongest underpinnings of this nation. Hell, you could read the Federalist papers and they'll be talking about private property rights. Why? Because the British government tend to tread all over them via seizure or the quartering of troops in MY country where MY house exists and where I told the vaper to get out.

Not going to even say nice try. Just apologize for the aspersions towards my being insane because I like breathing for goodness' sake. This is getting stupid.
edit on 27/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: added clarity about where I reside

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
You do realise if this was 50's America you would be encouraged to smoke to relieve your asthma?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKWO1Phot
You do realise if this was 50's America you would be encouraged to smoke to relieve your asthma?

And you realize that that was an opinion pushed by tobacco companies to go against research that pointed to issues with smoking and lung health?

I was a smoker and an asthmatic. I can tell you that what I did to my lungs as an asthmatic by smoking was terrible. I cough up blood with colds and went from occasionally needing an inhaler to having to be on flovent every day of my life. The alternative is coughing fits that are so bad at night that I am afraid to go to sleep for fear of dying.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice I feel I but ask for you're understanding, that the same thing you now suffer from is the exact same thing we as a smoker are fated too
My hope is that the sigma put on tobacco will not be used to stop our week willed habit from killing us

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

a reply to: WhiteAlice I feel I but ask for you're understanding, that the same thing you now suffer from is the exact same thing we as smoker are fated too
My hope is that the sigma put on tobacco will not be used to stop our week willed habit from killing us

Good grief. I was a smoker. Said that a few times now already. Regret the choices I made as I basically tanked my own lungs but to each their own. Experience really is the best teacher unfortunately.

Still waiting for an apology for being called phobic and "mad" as in insane for not allowing smoking or vaping in my house as an asthmatic. I'm guessing that's not going to happen....

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice
I most unreservedly ask forgiveness if injury felt

But do you stand by this or is it something flashy to put on the screen No man is allowed to be a judge in his own cause because his interest would certainly bias his judgment and not improbably corrupt his integrity

I think that speaks volumes to the issues raised here it's not about you not letting some one vapor in your house it's about why you would stop him in the first place and in your specific case it may be right, but you keep dodging the point I guess that's because...No man is allowed to be a judge in his own cause because his interest would certainly bias his judgment and not improbably corrupt his integrity

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Wow, that is the most bass ackward apology I have ever beheld. Kudos to you for that. Seriously.

Was I offended at having my sanity thrown into question because I was having increased asthma attacks because someone really didn't want to have it be an issue for anyone on this planet? Yep because it's an aspersion, a fallacy, or an ad hominem. I shared my thoughts on it as an asthmatic in good faith to contribute why some might have a problem with it. I gave it a fair shake and it caused breathing problems for me. You attacked me for sharing information that might give an alternative perspective.

As far as judgments go, I've not stated my opinion of you beyond the remark that I'm unlikely to get an apology for the aspersions. Unfortunately, you can't say the same. Look in the mirror before you judge others.

Toodles.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

Wow, that is the most bass ackward apology I have ever beheld. Kudos to you for that. Seriously.

my apology was sincerer

your point was made from the start, it's your stance on it being a bad thing for smokers to think there is something wrong in using a vapor in a house, this is as I see it is the biggest draw (excuse the pun)to get people away from the tar ect, that really dose do the damage.

wer much to young to deal with thesee problems but they keep thrusting them self's on us... untill finaly wer foced to think of the solution

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKWO1Phot

Almost right

Tobacco causes the airways to constrict, making it harder to breath.
The cigarettes that asthma sufferers smoked were Potters Asthma Cigarettes. They didn't contain tobacco, they contained something far more exciting!
Smoking Potters cigarettes caused the airways to open up, allowing the asthma sufferer to breath!
They were eventually banned because they were 100% Datura plant. While harmless when smoked they were an extremely powerful hallucinogen when ingested! It is one of the drugs used by many shaman.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
At least E-Cigarettes are legal in other countries. Here in Canada we have an overbearing nosy government that outright banned the nicotine E-Cigs. Makes perfect sense huh? Keep the unhealthy tobacco product legal and ban the healthier alternative

(post by FlySolo removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xaphan
At least E-Cigarettes are legal in other countries. Here in Canada we have an overbearing nosy government that outright banned the nicotine E-Cigs. Makes perfect sense huh? Keep the unhealthy tobacco product legal and ban the healthier alternative

I'm really sorry to hear that my friend it seams complete madness from what you are saying.
In your opinion who are the people putting on the pressure to keep it illegal?
At first I felt the tobacco company had a hand in the demoralization of people who use vapor smoke, Then a comment was posted that the same company's are producing the liquid.
I've noticed on a label I have that it is produced in Ireland and they have mimicked the names of big brands.
The whole point of this thread is to try and gain useful information on the risks and benefits of there use good or bad.
It would also be nice to know exactly who is behind this product and what there true intentions are?

wer much to young to deal with thesee problems but they keep thrusting them self's on us... untill finaly wer foced to think of the solution

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join