It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-cigarettes: no indoor smoking ban planned in England despite WHO call

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

To be honest my friend if your guest was unaware of your phobia to everything but that not directly in your face over just a breath or two out in an smog filled world, I'm sorry.
Am i being two cold , well, maybe, but to use sigma as a excuse to prevent people from becoming ill
shame on you
edit on 27-8-2014 by crostkev because: (no reason given)

wer much to young to deal with thesee problems but they keep thrusting them self's on us... untill finaly wer foced to think of the solution

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: crostkev
Ah I disagree, and I smoke roll-my-own tobacco.
If the poster felt anything whatsover negative in her own home then's her rules, regardless of how inconvenient that may be to her guest.
I have a strong anti-smoking friend who will not have it any closer than the end of her garden...not many silly parties happen there, and if they do then the end of the garden is where it's happening

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
lovin it
a reply to: grainofsand

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: Psynic

Yeah, it's called vegetable glycerin E-liquid. Look it up.

If it's got "nicotine" in it, it's toxic.

"Non-toxic solution with nicotine" is an Oxy moron.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
If the poster felt anything whatsover negative in her own home then's her rules, regardless of how inconvenient that may be to her guest.
I have a strong anti-smoking friend who will not have it any closer than the end of her garden...not many silly parties happen there, and if they do then the end of the garden is where it's happening

allow me to put forward the proposition that the lady in question is very sincere in her convictions but ....

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
....other than social conformaty there is only good to be had by this product and ZERO side effects to the innocents that my be within breathing distance (and i don't mean ready to kiss)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: crostkev

To be honest my friend if your guest was unaware of your phobia to everything but that not directly in your face over just a breath or two out in an smog filled world, I'm sorry.
Am i being two cold , well, maybe, but to use sigma as a excuse to prevent people from becoming ill
shame on you

wer much to young to deal with thesee problems but they keep thrusting them self's on us... untill finaly wer foced to think of the solution

Phobia? How was I suffering from a phobia when I allowed said guest to do it for one month in the house believing that it would be unlikely to cause an issue for us? If I was suffering from a phobia as you state, then I would've told her point blank not to do it in my house the moment she walked through the door puffing on it. What tipped me off that it was a problem was the fact that, as time passed, I was having more troubles with my asthma. Not a phobia.

Nice try. Btw, my city's air is actually pretty clean. Our crap gets blown down to another city further to the east. We're not a brown air city.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
INSPIRATION

******** E-Cigs breath freshener (the breath that's always fresh) *********

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I apologizes if injury felt

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Yup. All of my friends know that I don't mind smoking. I actually have an ashtray for guests on my deck in the backyard. Nobody has ever once complained about or tried to light up in my house. Never has been an issue, zero complaints. I'm not anti-smoking. Most of my friends are smokers. I'm actually pretty darn laid back as long as it's not indoors. I was a smoker myself; hence the courtesy pot filled with sand to put out ciggies. The only person that didn't ask if it was okay wasn't the smokers I know. It was the vaper and even then, I was charitable because I was unsure whether it would be a problem.

It was a problem and quite frankly, what the guest opted to do was pretty darn rude. I was never the one at fault in that case.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

What did he do my friend ?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I roll my own too now (have for...wow, years now) using pipe tobacco.

Whenever I'm on a trip and I actually buy a pack of real cigs......good gawd! They make me hack up a storm! When I get home, I throw them out. The pipe tobacco is much more smooth and mellow.

So even though I smoke: No smoking in my house. No one else here does, so I step out. No smoking in the car either for that same reason.

Even before the ban on a lot of places like restaurants, I would wait to have one out in the parking lot after I ate since I didn't want to be blowing smoke at my family.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
if i had my I DON'T SMOKE BADGE on (with my vapor, then i might feel an affront)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
The only person that didn't ask if it was okay wasn't the smokers I know. It was the vaper and even then, I was charitable because I was unsure whether it would be a problem.

It was a problem and quite frankly, what the guest opted to do was pretty darn rude. I was never the one at fault in that case.

Yep, I agree completely.
If I am in anyones home and an activity is not already clearly assumed and understood to be ok, I will always ask the 'house rules' first. I expect the same in my home.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
surly this is a stigma we must try to prevent no matter how hard
It's our life's we're taking about

reply to: grainofsand

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: crostkev

What did he do my friend ?

Argued with me on whether they should be allowed to continue. Begged for me to allow them to open a window and still do it in my home regardless of the a/c running in the house and the effects that it would have on my electrical bill. Could go on and on. When I was a smoker, I was considerate of others. I didn't use a premise of "this won't hurt you" as an excuse to be rude. I was always conscientious of others and would've never presumed to light up in somebody's home. This person was very presumptuous. That could have been a personality issue but they had the gall to argue about it when it came to MY home.

The end result of the guest was the door hitting their butt on the way out, btw. There is something to be said about being courteous to others. I never had a problem with that as a smoker.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I don't see the stigma in that post.
I can taste the chemicals while walking down the cleaning products aisle in most supermarkets, I find it unpleasant.
If a mate turned up at my home with buckets of washing powder I would ask him to keep them at the door, and certainly not my living room. Those chemicals may well not cause me any harm because of my sensory awareness, but if I find them unpleasant, well it is my home and my rules.
If I perceived discomfort or unpleasant feelings from people vaping E-cigs in my home then it would again be my rules. I do not though so smoking and all sorts in my house is acceptable as long as it's not about anyone being unkind.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: Psynic

You said "Ecigarettes WITH nicotine has created nicotine ADDICTS".

I want to know where you got that.

Simple.

Cigarette addicts have become addicted to liquid nicotine drops.

Why is this a problem though ? Nicotine is similar to caffeine in that it is a relatively harmless stimulant,would you advocate banning coffee and tea containing caffeine or are you ok with that drug ?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The only chemical that has been mentioned here has been nicotine so lets try and prevent mission creep and focus on the true effect it could would will has on people that happen to be around

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Yep. Having diagnosed asthma treated with flovent which is expensive as hell and albuterol in case of emergency (allergic but better than dead), one of the leading triggers for an asthma attack for me is actually scent. I can't burn scented candles or wear perfume due to my asthma. Strong scents, including candles and air fresheners, are known asthma triggers. It's not psychological. It's a fact. A lot of the e-cigarettes come packed with scents and that's a huge no-no for me. Something to consider for you vapers that even if the tar is reduced, it can still wreak havoc with someone who has asthma just on the scents alone.

www.asthma.ncdhhs.gov...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join